Alan Pardew

Dave

Having said all that, I'm 100% convinced that we're treating this as a friendly match from top to bottom of the football club. Pardew will say the opposite of course, but I think he's told them to go out and avoid injury, see if we win and not to worry too much if we don't. Colo and Cisse wouldn't be 'injured' if this was a PL match.

So though it's shaping up to be another embarrassing defeat, in the grand scheme of things I don't actually think this can be unexpected.

Its a big slap to the fans that went all way down there though, we should have some pride

I'm by no means excusing it. :thup:

you have to ask when do the excuses stop for this fucker like?  ok we can write off today 'cause he decided to play a weak team and concentrate on the league

we've written off the first part of the season 'cause he wasn't backed with a CB & RB in the summer

what about when norwich fuck us off the pitch in the next game and hoofball doesn't break reading down, what then?  is it ALL williamson's fault then, all of it?

Guest neesy111

Having said all that, I'm 100% convinced that we're treating this as a friendly match from top to bottom of the football club. Pardew will say the opposite of course, but I think he's told them to go out and avoid injury, see if we win and not to worry too much if we don't. Colo and Cisse wouldn't be 'injured' if this was a PL match.

So though it's shaping up to be another embarrassing defeat, in the grand scheme of things I don't actually think this can be unexpected.

Its a big slap to the fans that went all way down there though, we should have some pride

I'm by no means excusing it. :thup:

It's a disgraceful attitude to have and one no fan should ever be happy with.

Our fans who travelled all the way down should be reimbursed by the club, because they are getting the complete and utter piss taken out of them by our manager.

Team selection, subs, formation.. everything is a complete joke.

Guest neesy111

The travelling fans had to expect this though, this is a surprise to nobody.

This, we were doing shit before they went on sale.

Not a clue tactically. Now that Shola is out we may start playing well after Pards accidentally does a good formation, doubt it though. Crap

I've turned. This is dire and Dave summed it up perfectly there.

Just need Inochi to make a post confirming he has doubts we'll coast to a midtable finish this season and the four horsemen will be next.

Thing is, even if you believe his stated intention to play passing football and bring in players to fit an attacking, slick philosophy, he clearly doesn't trust anyone beyond his absolute first choice XI to be able to do anything of the sort. But instead of drilling the philosophy into them and trying to breed a style of play throughout the whole club, he just sends the other players out to hoof the ball as far away from the goal at all times. Irrespective of the quality of players at his disposal, there should be a noticeable theme running through the play, and there's nothing of this at all. If his best players aren't available, it's long ball shit all match.

This.

"Smaller" teams with squads considerably worse than ours manage to play football.  The football we've played recently is as bad, or worse, than any of the crap served up by Allardyce and Souness.  Fuck knows what they do in training but the players look like they've never met.

The one thing that I'm hanging on to now is that it was a inept display against a Championship side away in the FA Cup that saw Allardyce get the bullet.