Alan Pardew

Dave

I'm not even worried about transfers. It's who we'll actually appoint that scares me shitless.

This board's record with appointing actual managers is, in order, Kevin Keegan, Joe Kinnear, Alan Shearer, and Alan Pardew. There are few things I fear more than letting them pick another manager.

Aye, the fact Pardew doesn't have much of a bearing on transfers might make it easier to get rid this month. Don't think it would have an affect on incomings.

Every manager we have from now on should be given no longer than 2 year contract and renew after a year. Certainly not 8 years because it's gone to the fuckers head

I'm not even worried about transfers. It's who we'll actually appoint that scares me shitless.

This board's record with appointing actual managers is, in order, Kevin Keegan, Joe Kinnear, Alan Shearer, and Alan Pardew. There are few things I fear more than letting them pick another manager.

Exactly. They've no idea.

Guest chicken little

probably get a bottle of champagne from the club tonight.

they're going to sit around drinking it and actually laugh at us all. laugh and laugh and laugh.

That should be it but I really think if we lose at Norwich, it really will be it.

Chance of getting anything at Norwich are nil.

I'd love to see Hughton be the one to strike the final blow, that would be fantastic karma after what this f***ing snake did to steal a man's job.

Aye, forgot that Norwich was up next, at Carrow Road. Written in the stars.

Find it rather unbelievably the media aren't s***-stirring/speculating over him being sacked.

The one time where I wouldn't mind them sticking their oar in, and they don't say a peep. Pretty typical. Maybe the media really do hate us :lol:

We were talking about this today, unbelievable the media aren't all over it.

I think it's pretty clear that he relies heavily on our good players to gloss over his tactical inability and he simply hasn't got a clue about how to coach a football team effectively and create something more than the sum of its parts. (see someone like Martinez who does it superbly)

Needs to go at some point, either now or in the summer. We might scrape clear of relegation but he isn't the answer long term and I'll be disgusted if he's in charge next season.

Di Matteo would do pretty well with this set up, he's by no means brilliant but I think he'd jump at the chance.

I'm not a massive fan, but right now we just need someone who has some basic idea how to deploy footballers in the right areas of the pitch. That's why I said Poyet, because he's clearly light years ahead of Pardew.

Aye, the fact Pardew doesn't have much of a bearing on transfers might make it easier to get rid this month. Don't think it would have an affect on incomings.

Every manager we have from now on should be given no longer than 2 year contract and renew after a year. Certainly not 8 years because it's gone to the fuckers head

I don't believe that. I just think he's been found out without his key players.

He won't be here next season, certain of it.

Ashley probably wants to show backing and stability to the next manager, and he really is doing that right now. Season is going nowhere and as long as Ashley brings in a few quality players we will stay up. Then he will sack him, allowing a new manager to know he's got time and a good squad to start with.

If we keep him and don't sign a CB and a replacement for Ba then it's clear the board are just playing a high stakes game of roulette with our club and eventually house always wins.

wishful thinking. If we survive we will have "turned a corner" and he will have done a good job in showing he can turn things around.

Seeing as Ashley won't hire a foreign manager, a

Few signings this window is the best we can hope for.

Guest malandro

That should be it but I really think if we lose at Norwich, it really will be it.

Chance of getting anything at Norwich are nil.

I'd love to see Hughton be the one to strike the final blow, that would be fantastic karma after what this f***ing snake did to steal a man's job.

QFT.

Injuries were an issue today but the way AP approached the second half was an insult to the club and its supporters.

Never trusted him. Can't stand his patter. Shit manager. Not worth sacking.

Starting to lose me tbh and I'm the sort who will give people lots of time.

Brighton didn't just outshine our passing today, they put in a better passing performance than we have all season. It's also getting silly that I am shocked when teams actually manage to defend and not just fall to pieces in the box.

:undecided:

Starting to lose me tbh and I'm the sort who will give people lots of time.

Brighton didn't just outshine our passing today, they put in a better passing performance than we have all season. It's also getting silly that I am shocked when teams actually manage to defend and not just fall to pieces in the box.

:undecided:

Brigthton's positional play and movement was great as well. That too on a big pitch by Championship standard which by logic should have suited us.

Thing is, even if you believe his stated intention to play passing football and bring in players to fit an attacking, slick philosophy, he clearly doesn't trust anyone beyond his absolute first choice XI to be able to do anything of the sort. But instead of drilling the philosophy into them and trying to breed a style of play throughout the whole club, he just sends the other players out to hoof the ball as far away from the goal at all times. Irrespective of the quality of players at his disposal, there should be a noticeable theme running through the play, and there's nothing of this at all. If his best players aren't available, it's long ball s*** all match.

Completely agree, I mean if you look at swansea they can swap players in and out of their team and they still look just as good. We make like one change to our first 11 and we look as if we're a different side.

I've got alot of time for West Brom's heirachy. As a club, even when they were yoyo'ing between divisions, they stuck to their guns. They could have shut up shop, employed an Allardyce and guaranteed themselves a yearly slice of the tv rights pool, by embracing a survival football mentality. I'd like to see West Brom mount a charge, and complete a run for the Euro position.

Where i disagree with Dave (irrespective of formation) i thought he returned to type post-wigan away last season. He hasn't trusted cabaye to express himself via his passing range, and ben arfa has taken it upon himself (by acting as playmaking rb, probably going against the script/gameplan) to try and grab a game by the bollocks. I still think the battering we took at Wigan last season saw the end of football experimen, because prior to that game (during our hot streak of form) we were mixing it up in attack. Come cloding weekend of the season were once again a fully fledged long-ball outfit.

FWIW he's lost the ball-playing sector of the changeroom - Carrs Lot. This is conjecture but i think he was sat down by senior figures in the playing group and pressed on this very iissue. Pards put the 'deck football' philosophy to the test, put himself out on a limb and we dropped six points in testing conditions, amidst two second half fadeouts. Ironiivally he abandoned all the positives displayed at manyoo, and tried to defend a lead with what has become the standard Pardew brand (outside the hot streak last season).

6 points lost, inside two cauldrons away from home, has frightened the man to back to type. Carr must be shaking his head atm, because his groundwork is been pissed down the drain.

i'd take the loss at norwich if it guaranteed him the sack. last time i had thoughts like that about a manager was souness. i've never been the biggest fan of his but i honestly thought he was better than that.