Alan Pardew

Dave

Needs to resign. Players don't give a f***.

The players have no idea how they should be attacking. And with zero confidence in themselves and probably Pardew, they ain't gonna figure it out any time soon.

His plan is to hoof the ball to Cisse??? That's how we'll compensate Demba's sale? f***ing awful excuse for football that.

Unless we buy some target man who gets lucky, we're getting relegated under Pardew. The guy is a fraud and the team's weaknesses aren't simply tactical or individual errors. It's all a product of  the false foundations he built his team on. We're playing some other sport because what I'm seeing can't be called football.

Maybe we don't carry an attacking threat because we've had one player with a history of getting goals in the side and none with a history of creating them?

Just a thought, like.

That's not an excuse for leaving Cisse so isolated. The basics of our attacking play were awful.

Maybe we don't carry an attacking threat because we've had one player with a history of getting goals in the side and none with a history of creating them?

Just a thought, like.

We had nothing man. Teams with poorer players than us play some actual attacking football.

Like who? We've got nothing breaking from midfield, nothing running in beyond Cisse, nowt out wide whatsoever.

We've got a horrible lack of delivery and penetration in the players between Cisse and the defence. It's farcical, absolutely farcical.

Guest neesy111

Went conservative with the approach, to a certain extent I think that's understandable in this game. I would have taken off Cisse and hoyed on Sammy/Ranger late on.

And what difference would that had made when the lone striker had zero support?

Just a thought, like.

We had nothing man. Teams with poorer players than us play some actual attacking football.

Like who? We've got nothing breaking from midfield, nothing running in beyond Cisse, nowt out wide whatsoever.

We've got a horrible lack of delivery and penetration in the players between Cisse and the defence. It's farcical, absolutely farcical.

I'm fairly sure they wouldn't be playing like that if they'd not all been told to sit in front of the back four.

Can only assume it was deliberate not to commit too many midfielders forward. And we ended up with a draw, so it wasn't an awful idea.

FWIW we didn't hoof the ball to Cisse that much at all. But sometimes the ball is at Mike Williamson's feet and the inevitable will happen.

Just a thought, like.

I'm fairly sure they wouldn't be playing like that if they'd not all been told to sit in front of the back four.

That's all those players know, to be honest.

Just a thought, like.

Norwich had a few absolutely comical players playing for them today, and despite being out of form they were still so much more cohesive than we were.

Cabaye, Marveaux and Cisse are far better than anyone the bottom half teams have and we are still absolutely useless as a team.

Can only assume it was deliberate not to commit too many midfielders forward. And we ended up with a draw, so it wasn't an awful idea.

FWIW we didn't hoof the ball to Cisse that much at all. But sometimes the ball is at Mike Williamson's feet and the inevitable will happen.

Completely disagree.

Needs to resign. Players don't give a fuck.

If you think that then any manager will have the same problem never mind Pardew.

Aside from the fact we were set out too defensive there were far too many individual errors all game that he had no bearing on. Our passing was utter shite, giving it away all over the place.

It will only improve once the players have been drilled into good movement habits on the training pitch. I odn't think that's the Pardew way, although he's trying to change it recently without looking very convincing.

Completely disagree.

Same, anita whacked it at him, cabaye did it too.

I'm sticking up for him today, he picked just about the best team possible and made the right changes.  We were organised at the back and we rarely hoofed it, I could see an improvement.

We're a team that has no confidence so we need to build things slowly and for the first time in weeks we've performed reasonably well.

Just a thought, like.

That's all those players know, to be honest.

We've seen numerous games this season where Anita has shown ability to link midfield and attack. It may not be his natural position but we've seen he has the ability to do it. So why, when Perch is playing alongside him, wasn't he allowed or instructed to do so?

More than 40 times. Every single one of which was lost. I counted.

And I admire your love for objectivity Ian, but there's no point defending that. Turn on the TV, put whatever game from whatever championship on and you'll see better fluidity and attacking patterns. Our team is fairly determined, most of the time the players give their all, but what we play is not football. The blame is on Pardew and the staff.

I'm sticking up for him today, he picked just about the best team possible and made the right changes.  We were organised at the back and we rarely hoofed it, I could see an improvement.

We're a team that has no confidence so we need to build things slowly and for the first time in weeks we've performed reasonably well.

Boy I hope you're right.

Went conservative with the approach, to a certain extent I think that's understandable in this game. I would have taken off Cisse and hoyed on Sammy/Ranger late on.

And what difference would that had made when the lone striker had zero support?

Maybe just freshen it up and give us more energy up there.

Completely disagree.

Yup. Buckets of hoof today.

More than 40 times. Every single one of which was lost. I counted.

And I admire your love for objectivity Ian, but there's no point defending that. Turn on the TV, put whatever game from whatever championship on and you'll see better fluidity and attacking patterns. Our team is fairly determined, most of the times the players give their all, but what we play is not football.

I'm not saying we played well, but I watched then entire game and I thought we kept it on the floor as much as we could. Obviously we restored to the long ball from time to time, but most teams do that.

Completely disagree.

Yup. Buckets of hoof today.

I think it's a bit daft to expect football from this team at the moment. We need to survive first and foremost, then maybe next year we can look at coaching the side to play flowing football. Best to go with what we know for the moment, and that's sit deep and hope we get a break at the other end.

I think it's a bit daft to expect football from this team at the moment. We need to survive first and foremost, then maybe next year we can look at coaching the side to play flowing football. Best to go with what we know for the moment, and that's sit deep and hope we get a break at the other end.

But this type of football is not what the players know. It's completely antithetical to everything the likes of Cisse, Cabaye, Marveaux and Anita have ever been taught.

The fundamentals of attacking football are simply not there. Movement is the primary reason for our general lack of threat; it is either discouraged and one player is designated to have a slight freedom (e.g. Marveaux or Ben Arfa) or we simply do not practise it.