Alan Pardew

Dave

Just can't understand what he's trying to achieve.  Bringing on Shola for Perch - was that supposed to push Villa back a bit as he was going to be a another player up front (but every other manager and player in the league know he's a bit shit so not to worry about him) or has he suddenly realised that he's actually played out of position for the past decade and is actually the perfect defensive midfield player to bring on when you're hanging on by your fingernails.

Then to bring on Anita for Sissoko - the player that should have been brought on a substitution earlier.

And to top it off, Gouffran for a centre half to play as DM - surely that's the time when you bring on The Plank if you're going to play the other member of Pardew's love in.

Guest neesy111

some of the whiney bitches in this thread(

do you spend all of mondays whining ur handbags arent pink enough?

Do you even watch our matches?

Just can't understand what he's trying to achieve.  Bringing on Shola for Perch - was that supposed to push Villa back a bit as he was going to be a another player up front (but every other manager and player in the league know he's a bit shit so not to worry about him) or has he suddenly realised that he's actually played out of position for the past decade and is actually the perfect defensive midfield player to bring on when you're hanging on by your fingernails.

Then to bring on Anita for Sissoko - the player that should have been brought on a substitution earlier.

And to top it off, Gouffran for a centre half to play as DM - surely that's the time when you bring on The Plank if you're going to play the other member of Pardew's love in.

2nd and 3rd subs were the other way around.  Still rubbish.

He never brings on like-for-like, and we always look even more disjointed for it.

:lol: christonabike. You can understand it from the forrin' lot who have only known us to have a managerial roundabout but I'd expect better from old-timers like yourself, Michael.

Pardew is a poor manager who is holding us back and we could do a lot better than him if the people who ran the club knew what they were doing.

Guest neesy111

2nd and 3rd subs were the other way around.  Still rubbish.

He never brings on like-for-like, and we always look even more disjointed for it.

Also it's never push someone from midfield to behind whoever is upfront as well.

The most infuriating thing is that I genuinely believe he knows what good football is and what wins games and yet he shies away from it far too often. There's always an excuse for it as well; injuries, tired players, new signings.

I'd love to believe that tonight was just about getting the three points but it's exactly what happened in the Reading game, the only difference is Reading finished better. If we go in front against Chelsea I expect the same thing to happen again.

I'd agree with that. He lacks the courage to be a top class manager

Does he understand the concept of counter-attacking? Villa were going all out and we had 11 players in our own half launching the ball into orbit at every opportunity. I'd chalk this down to nervousness on the part of the players (especially after the crowd piped up) if this sort of collapse was uncommon for a Pardew-managed Newcastle team, but its not. It seems to happen time and time again and its definitely a massive cause for concern, despite the somewhat fortunate (and valuable) 3 points we gained today.

No he doesn't. His idea of counter attacking is to throw on a 6ft centre forward and hope one of our clearances lands on his head and someone miraculously is close enough to follow up and score despite all our players being in our own half.

What does the even mean?

?

Not at you, the illiterate one with his standard riposte.

I'm sure there's a few things Pards isn't getting right but the way some people go about bashing him is a bit ridic.

Pre-match: he'll fuck this up by starting Shola and Jonas

Half-time: Villa have been really shit (ignores team selection)

Second-half: what the fuck are these tactics/subs (ignores the fact that Villa aren't as shit)

Full-time: won in spite of him, he's wank, get him sacked.

A lot of the criticisms are genuine and need to be addressed (one game with a 'squad' and a win) but there are people deliberately positioning themselves to give the players all of the credit and the manager all of the abuse to maintain their 'stance'.

Haven't seem this much vitriol towards a winning manager for a long time. Seems odd.

Guest neesy111

I can't believe he put Sammy on the bench ahead of Obertan.  Obertan isn't my cup of tea but he's a million times more effective than Sammy who is only near the 1st team because of his surname.

Does he understand the concept of counter-attacking? Villa were going all out and we had 11 players in our own half launching the ball into orbit at every opportunity. I'd chalk this down to nervousness on the part of the players (especially after the crowd piped up) if this sort of collapse was uncommon for a Pardew-managed Newcastle team, but its not. It seems to happen time and time again and its definitely a massive cause for concern, despite the somewhat fortunate (and valuable) 3 points we gained today.

No he doesn't. His idea of counter attacking is to throw on a 6ft centre forward and hope one of our clearances lands on his head and someone miraculously is close enough to follow up and score despite all our players being in our own half.

We needed his strenf.

I can't believe he put Sammy on the bench ahead of Obertan.  Obertan isn't my cup of tea but he's a million times more effective than Sammy who is only near the 1st team because of his surname.

neesy has a point.

Think Obertan is injured as well mate, he wasn't on any of the training photos/videos from the past few days.

What does the even mean?

?

Not at you, the illiterate one with his standard riposte.

I'm sure there's a few things Pards isn't getting right but the way some people go about bashing him is a bit ridic.

Pre-match: he'll f*** this up by starting Shola and Jonas

Half-time: Villa have been really s*** (ignores team selection)

Second-half: what the f*** are these tactics/subs (ignores the fact that Villa aren't as s***)

Full-time: won in spite of him, he's w***, get him sacked.

A lot of the criticisms are genuine and need to be addressed (one game with a 'squad' and a win) but there are people deliberately positioning themselves to give the players all of the credit and the manager all of the abuse to maintain their 'stance'.

Haven't seem this much vitriol towards a winning manager for a long time. Seems odd.

Somewhere in Australia, I hear the sound of a nail being hit on the head.

I try and support Pardew as much as I can, but Cissé on the wing? I mean, honestly? Almost a sackable offence in itself.

He was out wide first half too...when we dominated the game, took a 2 goal lead and Cisse himself was one of the scorers.

Must have been watching a different game to me, mate.

Did we not dominate the first half?

We did.

Cisse played as the central striker first half though.

Aye. Went out wide when Shola came on.

So he played wide for 20 minutes.....20 minutes where we had one man in their half most the time anyway.

Tactical blunder to be sacked for...after a win.

Right.

He should be sacked for the season so far, not today.

:lol: christonabike. You can understand it from the forrin' lot who have only known us to have a managerial roundabout but I'd expect better from old-timers like yourself, Michael.

Hi Stevie Stone