Alan Pardew

Dave

Fergie would have eaten Halsey's heart by now. You have to create a massive stink so that officials think twice about taking the easy option/lying/cheating/doing the bidding of their paymasters.

Just watching old highlights for some reason, the man u 3-0 victory and Pardew saying we had our best team out that could be available, Shola was up front and ryan taylor was on wing ahead of ben arfa  :huff:

still brilliant game, that Ba opener is ace

I think if you can attack with real speed you can catch defences napping often, I want us to have a strong midfield and keep it on the floor, but screw dawdling get the ball forward and run at the defence often. Heavy possession teams seem to struggle against defences cos they give them 10 minutes to prepare for every damn attack

I think it's that I see Arsenal at times seemingly trying to make undefendable goals and stuff like that, Man U made hideous defensive errors that game and I can't stand it when teams aren't willing to go fishing for blunders, they'll happen if you just cause trouble in their defence enough.

Have to admit an odd fondness for direct football when done well too :thup:

Being brought up on Ferdinand/Shearer quite probably to blame for that.

Not to hark back but Hughton's stuff RE: Carroll was a very happy medium. A lot of people get hung up on 'hoofball' and wanting us to play like Barca without relevance to what we're capable a lot of the time.

I think with the players we have ( and rumoured to be interested in) that a team who likes to keep it on the ground but direct as in always looking forward with an emphasis on counter attacking is something we could aspire to be.

Not exactly possession whoring but not hoofball either.

Have to admit an odd fondness for direct football when done well too :thup:

Being brought up on Ferdinand/Shearer quite probably to blame for that.

Not to hark back but Hughton's stuff RE: Carroll was a very happy medium. A lot of people get hung up on 'hoofball' and wanting us to play like Barca without relevance to what we're capable a lot of the time.

A mixture of measured/composed build-up play and lethal directness is what I'd ideally want. Being able to hit the front man early can be incredible, especially if you have someone who can spray the ball up the pitch with the precision that Cabaye is capable of doing, but it's only really a problem/unattractive when you're overly-reliant on it as a means of attacking, or the opposition can telegraph it as it is the only weapon in your arsenal.

Guest Dontooner

Same shameless football week over week . Team of quality players but we play like we never trained together.  we are lkke cheese that gone bad ., we stink.