Alan Pardew

Dave

was just wondering what the Pardew Haters would do if we won the Europa :lol:

Would winning a cup make him a good manager?

it would make him our most successful for over 40 years, I could live with it.

Don't be daft. He'd have nothing to do with it. It would all be down to the individual brilliance of the players. (Or something like that).

Don't be daft. He'd have nothing to do with it. It would all be down to the individual brilliance of the players. (Or something like that).

And Graham Carr.

My thoughts on Pardew at this point are abundantly clear (:lol:) but watching his BBC interview, he seemed very laissez-faire as though nothing he could have done would have changed today.

At this point, perhaps I see what I want to see, but he doesn't seem hurt about such a shitty loss or as though he'd have any improvement on his gameplan if we had a re-match with Man City in 7 days with the same players. Never see any footballing/coaching passion in his interviews, and given how much he talks/loves to give interviews, I'd have thought at least some would be in evidence.

Love listening to an enthused manager who loves football talk about tactics/strategy. You know their obsessive-nature keeps them awake at night and annoys their wives over breakfast and during sex. It's very obvious which managers know their stuff/care like an obsessive fan. :lol:

Anyway :anguish:

And Graham Carr.

Rubbish.  Again.

My thoughts on Pardew at this point are abundantly clear (:lol:) but watching his BBC interview, he seemed very laissez-faire as though nothing he could have done would have changed today.

At this point, perhaps I see what I want to see, but he doesn't seem hurt about such a shitty loss or as though he'd have any improvement on his gameplan if we had a re-match with Man City in 7 days with the same players. Never see any footballing/coaching passion in his interviews, and given how much he talks/loves to give interviews, I'd have thought at least some would be in evidence.

Love listening to an enthused manager who loves football talk about tactics/strategy. You know their obsessive-nature keeps them awake at night and annoys their wives over breakfast and during sex. It's very obvious which managers know their stuff/care like an obsessive fan. :lol:

Anyway :anguish:

He'll just be happy to have it over with, hoping his excuses wash this time so he can live another day.  Has worked with a few on here.

Guest bimpy474

That's the spirit!

At least you can blame me when it doesn't happen, anyone but Pardew.

Back of the net :lol:

If it's true that Pardew gets one years payoff if he's sacked, then what was the point in giving him an 8 year contract? It doesn't provide stability if he is just as liable to be sacked as if he had a shorter contract. In fact, if he had a shorter contract he probably would've had the whole lot paid off if he was sacked, making it more expensive to do so than currently.

If it's true that Pardew gets one years payoff if he's sacked, then what was the point in giving him an 8 year contract? It doesn't provide stability if he is just as liable to be sacked as if he had a shorter contract. In fact, if he had a shorter contract he probably would've had the whole lot paid off if he was sacked, making it more expensive to do so than currently.

Keegan got £2 million because of a clause in his contract, Pardew is almost certain to have the same.

So that if anyone tries to steal him they have to pay us loads for him. Sounds daft now but it was drawn up straight after he'd won manager of the year and guided us to fifth.

So that if anyone tries to steal him they have to pay us loads for him. Sounds daft now but it was drawn up straight after he'd won manager of the year and guided us to fifth.

Oh yeah that's right :lol: Did he sign before or after Hodgson got the England job?

Edit: Can you imagine anyone paying money for Pardew :lol:

Oh yeah that's right :lol: Did he sign before or after Hodgson got the England job?

Edit: Can you imagine anyone paying money for Pardew :lol:

It was after if I remember rightly.

For the first time in absolute ages I considered not watching todays game. I felt the result was obvious given our away form.

Apparently, he said he learnt something today, thank fuck for that - he's finally cottoned on to what we had all probably sussed out in november. We shouldn't sit deep and try to defend. We have no attacking flair. We have no real gameplan.

Quite honestly next season holds no joy for me before a ball is even kicked if Pards is still at the helm. He coaches the football out of players and has far too defensive a mindset, and he can't even coach that as we often leak goals.

Can only pray that Llambias's comment re wanting good football were deadly serious and that Ashley is 100% in agreement. (Requires that they realise this is not good football!)

Apropos of nothing: f*** off Christmas Tree, get your own material.

Come on David, you have to explain this one

Christmas Tree is using Dave's posts on another forum without the context or the thing between his lugs to back them up.

Apropos of nothing: f*** off Christmas Tree, get your own material.

Come on David, you have to explain this one

Christmas Tree is using Dave's posts on another forum without the context or the thing between his lugs to back them up.

Oi Christmas Tree you Tory knobhead. Still sucking Cameron's dick? Post that bleeder.