Alan Pardew

Dave

he need to be sacked.

No he doesn't.

He actually got us playing well at times in the last months and we started getting results again.

Thing is, he's very focused now on the Europa League and, who can blame him? It's a great chance we have to bring a trophy to SJP finally after all those years.

No-one will care if we survive by 1 single point in the league but won the Europa League.

Thing also is, that we have two very winnable home games now in a row that should see us getting 6 points and therefore bing absolutely safe.

You can't just switch good form on and off, good play brings good results, which breeds confidence.

No doubt Pardew will go to Lisbon on a damage limitation exercise after that shite, and  I'll be amazed if we don't get spanked.

Praying for better, but it's not going to happen under this clown.

Guest Bert Shaft

Dunno what yer all worried about!.

Alan said that we were safe a couple of weeks ago. He couldn't be wrong could he..... :D

Re mentality, I can only compare it to my personal work situation I suppose - if I've got a difficult meeting with a client and my boss tells me I'm going to get an arse-kicking then it'll happen, I'll get an arse-kicking.  I'll be prepared for the arse-kicking but I'll still get my arse kicked.

If instead she focuses on the positives then I can make the best of a bad situation and actually do something productive/constructive, etc.  It's not rocket science.  This raging negativity is utterly depressing to see.

He should rightfully be gone at the end of the season, I have no idea what people think is going to happen if we sack him now though. It's a massive gamble in itself.

I agree unfortunately, need to stick with him until then and hope to fuck we stay up.

Head agrees, heart wishes we'd sack him by the time I wake up today.

Genuinely think talk of him being replaced is laughable. If this season is repeated then there's a slight possibility we'll make a change but otherwise he's here for the long term. His ambitions match those of the club perfectly; pushing this 'punching above our weight' agenda all the time. We can't compete and we don't.

The worrying thing for me is that the new players are making less of an impact with every game we play. Was there a honeymoon period?

Needs to go at the end of the season if someone better is willing to take the job, which is unlikely.

Beggars belief this like. Our recruitment is the envy of the all the teams in the league that aren't mega rich. We absolutely could attract a better  manager than Alan Pardew man, without a doubt.

I've no faith in this lot whatsoever to bring in anyone up to the job.

That's understandable, I'm positive we could get someone better if we wanted to though.

Needs to go at the end of the season if someone better is willing to take the job, which is unlikely.

Beggars belief this like. Our recruitment is the envy of the all the teams in the league that aren't mega rich. We absolutely could attract a better  manager than Alan Pardew man, without a doubt.

They'd be struggling to find anybody equivalent or worse than Pardew imo.

That's understandable, I'm positive we could get someone better if we wanted to though.

We could buy someone to fill the gaping gaps out wide if wanted, mate. We've had numberous windows to do it and we never do. It took us 5 years to spend more than £1m on a CB fffs. :lol:

It may be a completely baseless opinion but I really do think they would prefer to work with a British manager and we would therefore be stuck with another Pardew clone.

I cannot imagine them going out onto the continent and picking up a Laudrop, but I hope I'm wrong.

I have no doubt that we could.

It may be a completely baseless opinion but I really do think they would prefer to work with a British manager and we would therefore be stuck with another Pardew clone.

I cannot imagine them going out onto the continent and picking up a Laudrop, but I hope I'm wrong.

Agreed.

Genuinely think talk of him being replaced is laughable. If this season is repeated then there's a slight possibility we'll make a change but otherwise he's here for the long term. His ambitions match those of the club perfectly; pushing this 'punching above our weight' agenda all the time. We can't compete and we don't.

The worrying thing for me is that the new players are making less of an impact with every game we play. Was there a honeymoon period?

I agree with you, I don't accept it though.

Guest ElCid

Sorry Dave agree with you about Ashley will not sack, Pardew but I think the way our players are being coached to play is abysmal. His over use of Jonas and Obertan is a crime and we have talented players who are being asked to play negatively from the off.  The last  time we took a lead in a game was Villa and every single game we are on  the back foot from the off. His record in management over a long period proves he is not  good manager and never will be but unfortunately Mr Ashley does not agree and there lies the problem!

I reckon even bastarding Souness could get more out if this squad than this plank.

I don't. Honestly, I remember Parker, Dyer and Jenas running into each other against Man City (ha, how ironic that is) in Souness' last game.

It's not baseless at all, they've never appointed a foreign manager.

edit - and more importantly ability isn't what they're looking for in a manager. which is why we've been lumbered with Pardew.

I reckon even bastarding Souness could get more out if this squad than this plank.

I don't. Honestly, I remember Parker, Dyer and Jenas running into each other against Man City (ha, how ironic that is) in Souness' last game.

Very ironic, considering Jenas played for Spurs at the time.

Very ironic, considering Jenas played for Spurs at the time.

Fuck off :lol:

Meant Emre, obviously.

(Now watch someone saying that one of those 3 didn't play that day).