Alan Pardew

Dave

Wouldn't have blamed Wullie smacking him. We drag ourselves out of a shit situation that he's responsible for and he manages to seek attention and play the hero of the piece. Shouldn't be in this position to start with.

He's one step away from grabbing a mic to sing, a la Phil Brown. Similar ego.

Worth pointing out that the home fans chanted his name again today during the second half. Personally still undecided on him long term but that's only a good thing IMO.

Wouldn't have blamed Wullie smacking him. We drag ourselves out of a shit situation that he's responsible for and he manages to seek attention and play the hero of the piece. Shouldn't be in this position to start with.

:lol: I agree with the sentiment but I just think it was pure relief today, you'd like to think he has enough humility to acknowledge his own failings but who knows, probably not.  Can't really blame him for getting caught up in the moment today, we were so close to a crushing result and the relief just hit him like a train and he went apeshit.

Not sure anyone can ague with his starting XI at all and I think we  suffered a fair bit when Santon went off but  we toiled hard & even though the subs were debatable he was picking from a bad bunch. At least we  went for it properly second half which was great to see but fuck me I'd prefer us to win not in the last 5. My heart ain't up to it.

Guest neesy111

There should be nothing but unwavering support at the match. On here is different, you can be honest.

Agree but at the moment any Alan Pardew related songs would personally be my cue to give my voice a rest.

There's a few that sing it where I am but you get probably just as many having a good pop at Pardew at random points during games.  My favourite was someone calling him Stevie Wonder.

Also it should be we hate fascists not Sunderland now. :lol:

Worth pointing out that the home fans chanted his name again today during the second half. Personally still undecided on him long term but that's only a good thing IMO.

Having spent too much time on here, it restored my faith in humanity hearing 'Alan Pardew's black & white army' ring around St James'.

Wouldn't have blamed Wullie smacking him. We drag ourselves out of a s*** situation that he's responsible for and he manages to seek attention and play the hero of the piece. Shouldn't be in this position to start with.

pretty much agree with this in all honesty.

Having spent too much time on here, it restored my faith in humanity hearing 'Alan Pardew's black & white army' ring around St James'.

I'm sure it was only the Gallowgate Corner singing it and I heard a few near me end it with "We have Pardew" instead of Sunderland.

Wouldn't have blamed Wullie smacking him. We drag ourselves out of a s*** situation that he's responsible for and he manages to seek attention and play the hero of the piece. Shouldn't be in this position to start with.

pretty much agree with this in all honesty.

Not sure he meant to seek anything to be fair. Just caught up in the moment, and I can't blame him for that.

I would say this place is probably one of the harshest on Pardew, there is quite a contrast between reading this forum and Toontastic where the real Pardew haters are the ones who are often derided (anyone remember Christmas Tree on here?).

I would say this place is probably one of the harshest on Pardew, there is quite a contrast between reading this forum and Toontastic where the real Pardew haters are the ones who are often derided (anyone remember Christmas Tree on here?).

It doesn't mean that this place is wrong, does it?

Nope.

Not at all.

I think it's fair to open discussion about his negatives, christ I have plenty of question marks about much of his management. But the way some people go on here they give off the impression that they're almost desperate for a negative result so that they can be proved right.

Pardew's HT team talk: "I said to the team we just need to find a way and we did."

Seems like he's finally getting to grips with it.

Also said he showed Cisse  the chance where he should of laid it off to Marveaux then thought "shit, should I have done that!?" :lol: