Alan Pardew

Dave

Mates are bemused by my criticism of Pardew at times, they kinda buy the injuries excuse for this season and don't see all the shit.

Happens other way around, was surprised when Man U fan mate made a complaint about Ferguson being rubbish tactically

I would say this place is probably one of the harshest on Pardew, there is quite a contrast between reading this forum and Toontastic where the real Pardew haters are the ones who are often derided (anyone remember Christmas Tree on here?).

I still have nightmares about him, horrendous patter.

Seriously, I've long since had any faith in Pardew but lets not criticise him for celebrating a last minute winner with the fans, that's just petty.

Mates are bemused by my criticism of Pardew at times, they kinda buy the injuries excuse for this season and don't see all the shit.

Happens other way around, was surprised when Man U fan mate made a complaint about Ferguson being rubbish tactically

Mentioned it before but a lot of fans at other clubs deride their managers substitutions, seems to be a common issue amongst most supporters.

I think it's fair to open discussion about his negatives, christ I have plenty of question marks about much of his management. But the way some people go on here they give off the impression that they're almost desperate for a negative result so that they can be proved right.

:lol:  I love this one, it's almost as good as the agenda comment that sometimes gets thrown about.

I think it's fair to open discussion about his negatives, christ I have plenty of question marks about much of his management. But the way some people go on here they give off the impression that they're almost desperate for a negative result so that they can be proved right.

Mostly scandos.

didnt one of the haters actually admit this the other day? also reading some of the begrudging aknowledgements today,you could be forgiven for this conclusion.

didnt one of the haters actually admit this the other day? also reading some of the begrudging aknowledgements today,you could be forgiven for this conclusion.

To be fair, what else are they supposed to say? Pardew was great all along and they're now convinced? :lol:

I'm undecided, but today was a deserved and vital victory.

This POV has to be horseshit, sorry. I'm a vocal critic but that is a bridge too far surely?

Chopped and changed things around in order to break them down and it eventually paid off. I liked the fact he was switching wingers/wide-men a few times too. Santon going off didn't help but throwing 2 strikers on as well as keeping Cisse on proved that he knew they were happy to settle for a point and could take a few risks. More strikers doesn't automatically mean more goals but if you keep the pressure on them and keep getting that ball in the box then you usually get your rewards. The goal was late but it had been coming for half an hour. Fair play to Pardew.   

Chopped and changed things around in order to break them down and it eventually paid off. I liked the fact he was switching wingers/wide-men a few times too. Santon going off didn't help but throwing 2 strikers on as well as keeping Cisse on proved that he knew they were happy to settle for a point and could take a few risks. More strikers doesn't automatically mean more goals but if you keep the pressure on them and keep getting that ball in the box then you usually get your rewards. The goal was late but it had been coming for half an hour. Fair play to Pardew.   

:thup:

Wouldn't have blamed Wullie smacking him. We drag ourselves out of a shit situation that he's responsible for and he manages to seek attention and play the hero of the piece. Shouldn't be in this position to start with.

He's one step away from grabbing a mic to sing, a la Phil Brown. Similar ego.

:lol: Pretty harsh!

Got the result we needed and we showed much needed improvement in most areas too. Don't blame the guy for celebrating a potentially relegation saving goal myself.

Certainly was, just read the match report and we had 20 shots, 10 on target (I know, stats don't tell the whole story etc..) compared to their 5 and 3.

Was one of those "we are never going to score!" games but sometimes I forget we have Papiss '90+' Cisse  :D

Guest bimpy474

If someone has admitted to that then they are squirrel shit nutty.

I hate the bloke for the football he brings (quite like him for most other things). I'am very critical but the team will always come first. I would never be happy if the team lost so can slag him off, the team winning is all that matters, along with good attractive football.

Fwiw.

Haters :lol:

Begrudging acknowledgement of what? That he oversaw us JUST win a game we absolutely had to win due to the awful position he's gotten us into?

Some of the cynicism is completely justified, this is a manager who you thought had a 6 in 10 chance of taking us down until we beat a mediocre Fulham team at home who are already on their holidays.

He won 3 points when he absolutely had to, don't try and turn it into a moral victory, it's not.

Guest palnese

Mostly scandos.

Aye, clearly :lol:

Certainly was, just read the match report and we had 20 shots, 10 on target (I know, stats don't tell the whole story etc..) compared to their 5 and 3.

Was one of those "we are never going to score!" games but sometimes I forget we have Papiss '90+' Cisse  :D

I can't stop watching AP and 90+ celebrating man :lol: so amazing

Haters :lol:

Begrudging acknowledgement of what? That he oversaw us JUST win a game we absolutely had to win due to the awful position he's gotten us into?

Some of the cynicism is completely justified, this is a manager who you thought had a 6 in 10 chance of taking us down until we beat a mediocre Fulham team at home who are already on their holidays.

He won 3 points when he absolutely had to, don't try and turn it into a moral victory, it's not.

:thup:

Nah, they kept on going for the full 90+. Even when the chances were hitting the woodwork or Schwarzer was tipping them round/over their head's never dropped. Hard work and solid graft can carry you a long way in games like today and we stuck at it. When the board went up and it was a nice big 5 minutes their players seemed to wilt a bit. They were hanging on but couldn't see it out.

Fuck them. :aww:

It's like a competition of "told you so"

What a load of fannies.

:lol: Exactly, I'm not very happy at the suggestion I want to see NUFC lose either, I fucking don't.  If I did I'd have been in my fucking element this season. :lol:

Wouldn't have blamed Wullie smacking him. We drag ourselves out of a shit situation that he's responsible for and he manages to seek attention and play the hero of the piece. Shouldn't be in this position to start with.

He's one step away from grabbing a mic to sing, a la Phil Brown. Similar ego.

:lol: Pretty harsh!

Got the result we needed and we showed much needed improvement in most areas too. Don't blame the guy for celebrating a potentially relegation saving goal myself.

Maybe a bit harsh, he just has an annoying habit of shining the spotlight on himself when the result goes right.

Guest bimpy474

It's like a competition of "told you so"

What a load of fannies.

:lol: Exactly, I'm not very happy at the suggestion I want to see NUFC lose either, I fucking don't.  If I did I'd have been in my fucking element this season. :lol:

It's mad, it's like if you want Pardew out, you want the team to lose, go down lalala. If you support him, you are blind, stupid, you deny the truth !!!!! Muahahaha.

We can all have differing views, it's not always black and white hahaha.