Alan Pardew

Dave

Out of interest, who still supports him?

Honestly I'd still have him for next season, theres no one currently unemployed who is that appealing to me (and thats the realistic front for a mew manager)

:lol:

The replacement doesn't have to be unemployed. 

5 games left this season, key attacking players returning. No fixtures we should be fearing, no Europa league, no excuses. The final 5 games this season will be crucial to Pardews future iyam. If we come out fighting and put in good attacking performances and get results, we could end up 10th. If we do a half arsed job of it and limp over the line, then Ashley will seriously have to consider Pardews position urgently.

pls stop.

I'm saying we won't be sacking him before the last 5 games regardless of what people want.

The next 5 fixtures will be telling- will we have a bit of fight and look like taking points from them? Or will the players lose faith, not fight and we stumble over the line on 39 points or so.

If its the latter, then that will make Pardews position untenable.

Personally- I'm in last chance saloon for Pardew. I've always been looking at it on the basis of "1 good season, 1 bad season" with a few difficulties this season, but I need to see something in these last games to stay onside.

There's no way the players should get away with this. He's the manager and takes overall responsibility but their performance was awful.

He's not just responsible though, he's accountable.

Honestly I'd still have him for next season, theres no one currently unemployed who is that appealing to me (and thats the realistic front for a mew manager)

i have a hard time believing ashley will agree compo for another clubs manager

Guest bimpy474

i have a hard time believing ashley will agree compo for another clubs manager

Gave Fat Sam £6m to feck off like.

And another season of anti-football is more appealing than getting anyone else in?

There's no way the players should get away with this. He's the manager and takes overall responsibility but their performance was awful.

This. Buck stops at Pardew.

Not sure why I expected anything other than a barrage of abuse for suggesting giving Pardew another year after that performance.

Fwiw, I also want the best for NUFC unsurprisingly. Actually quite apathetic towards the decision of whether he stays or not. The alternative options aren't particularly appetising at all. Hopefully a couple of decent additions and a luckier season on the injury front will result in a campaign more similar to last year's.

So aye, for reasons unknown to even myself, I'd give him another year. Soz.

he's a poor manager. Regardless of whether or not you want the best for NUFC if you cannot see that you're mental.

He's only accountable to Fat Ash though. Doesn't matter what we think.

And another season of anti-football is more appealing than getting anyone else in?

not if its just any idiot usually mentioned when a job opens (eg mark hughes alan curbishley etc)

other than wages and that he'd want to go into a cl side based on evidence available

He'll not get a CL side as he's said he wants to stay in the Premiership.

he'll still want to get one, hence why he was unemployed for a good while after Inter

The players' performances were awful but it's all a by-product of the approach to every game. Easy to criticise a cross that's easily cut out but when it always has to be aimed towards one specific man because the entire midfield is holding back, it's rarely going to find him.

I was concerned earlier this week when I read that Di Canio had asked for at least four men in the box when they attack because that is the total antithesis to us.

Not sure why I expected anything other than a barrage of abuse for suggesting giving Pardew another year after that performance.

Fwiw, I also want the best for NUFC unsurprisingly. Actually quite apathetic towards the decision of whether he stays or not. The alternative options aren't particularly appetising at all. Hopefully a couple of decent additions and a luckier season on the injury front will result in a campaign more similar to last year's.

So aye, for reasons unknown to even myself, I'd give him another year. Soz.

he's a poor manager. Regardless of whether or not you want the best for NUFC if you cannot see that you're mental.

If you'd referred to him as a poor manager after the Chelsea 2-0 you'd almost certainly have been labelled a mental tbf. Your concern for my mental constitution is touching though Hans. Thank you x

Right feeling less angry about it all now, it's in the back of my mind, I just hope it doesn't develop in to a tumour.

That aside, my derby win will be his head on a plate, nothing less will do.

Now I'm off to try and rescue what's left of wor lasses birthday, feel so sorry for her since the last 2 hours has been all about me being in a world class strop.  :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Not sure if I'm disabled, but I'd still give him next season. Obviously wouldn't be in tears if we found a suitable replacement, but the chances of that happening are slim thanks to Big Mike.

Pleased for those who have their week of Pardew gloating to look forward to. Enjoy it.

Well, you've named yourself after a disabled person so...

No fire in his belly, I want to hear him fuming over the disallowed goal I want him spitting "goals change game" even if he didn't belie it we the fans and the players need to hear and see he has fight in him. Its all so controlled and measured and its how we try to play, its not working.. the scum went out all fired up we went calm and controlled, both CB's looked terrified to make a challenge in the box, looked like a tactic "they will get a pen be careful be sure blah blah blah" it effected both of them MYM got rolled so many times and thats not him but he is not being allowed to play his natural game.

The decision to bring Shola on for Gouffran at half time is the equivalent of gross misconduct in any other work place.

Gouffran did absolutely f*** all in the first half though.

Looked dangerous at the start, faded. Just needed a bit of a kick up the arse at half-time. Bringing on Shola was the complete opposite of 'the right thing to do'.

The players' performances were awful but it's all a by-product of the approach to every game. Easy to criticise a cross that's easily cut out but when it always has to be aimed towards one specific man because the entire midfield is holding back, it's rarely going to find him.

I was concerned earlier this week when I read that Di Canio had asked for at least four men in the box when they attack because that is the total antithesis to us.

Does anyone here doubt that Di Canio is going to do far more for Sunderland's game than Pardew is capable of doing for us? If Pardew stays then the humiliation we faced to day will only escalate.