Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest icemanblue

His plan was non-existent yesterday but he was badly let down by some of his so called star players too.

Absolutely.

Tried to say this yesterday and got the usual reaction. It was shit from everyone, not just the manager.

I'm not having it. I can understand people don't want upheaval, but this head in the sand mentality is going to see us drifting next season as well. I've said enough times why I think he's not up to the job so I'm not going to repeat myself but two words will say more about his short-comings than anything else:

Set pieces.

What 'head in the sand mentality' is that, man? What, from what I've said there, gives that indication?

People keep banging on about it's the player's fault, when it's clear as day that the team has no direction. That to me is head in the sand mentality.

No, people don't 'keep banging on about it's the players fault', at all. People are, rightly, saying that the players deserve some of the blame for yesterday, as well as the manager. If anything, that's the opposite of burying their heads in the sand.

Is it the player's fault that we don't score from corners as well? They should jump higher, what do you reckon?

What? I genuinely don't know why you've said that.

Pardew admitted that Krul’s absence was a significant factor during the defeat.

He told the Chronicle: “Maybe if Tim hadn’t got injured at that crucial point, it could have been 1-1, and we could have had an extra sub with extra energy.

“We could have brought on an extra offensive or defensive player, or whatever we needed.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-could-face-keeper-2596558

:anguish:

Fwiw those 2 conceded by Elliot were very good goals. Doubt Krul would have made much of a difference to the scoreline considering 'we was tired'.

Guest icemanblue

His plan was non-existent yesterday but he was badly let down by some of his so called star players too.

Absolutely.

Tried to say this yesterday and got the usual reaction. It was shit from everyone, not just the manager.

I'm not having it. I can understand people don't want upheaval, but this head in the sand mentality is going to see us drifting next season as well. I've said enough times why I think he's not up to the job so I'm not going to repeat myself but two words will say more about his short-comings than anything else:

Set pieces.

What 'head in the sand mentality' is that, man? What, from what I've said there, gives that indication?

People keep banging on about it's the player's fault, when it's clear as day that the team has no direction. That to me is head in the sand mentality.

No, people don't 'keep banging on about it's the players fault', at all. People are, rightly, saying that the players deserve some of the blame for yesterday, as well as the manager. If anything, that's the opposite of burying their heads in the sand.

Correct.

People's expectations of what the squad is capable of is way too high imo.

You keep saying this but you never back it up, how high are our expectations?

He won't. He's just wandering from thread to thread posting his usual barely legible ramblings. There's no substance to be found.

Absolutely.

Set pieces.

Correct.

So you think after spending millions on this squad it's okay for us to be in relegation trouble in April?

Absolutely.

Tried to say this yesterday and got the usual reaction. It was s*** from everyone, not just the manager.

Set pieces.

Correct.

So what?

You think our squad is one that would fight relegation every season?

Absolutely.

Set pieces.

Is it the player's fault that we don't score from corners as well? They should jump higher, what do you reckon?

I'm not trying to be funny, but the set pieces are where a manager can have a direct input and you can actually see where some thought has gone into the training. On the evidence of what we've seen in two years under Pardew do you think he's shown his nous in that department in any way whatsoever?

Guest neesy111

Absolutely.

Set pieces.

Correct.

He won't. He's just wandering from thread to thread posting his usual barely legible ramblings. There's no substance to be found.

You are totally pathetic.

I just want this season to end now, it has just been awful, it is amazing how one man can effect a season so badly. Towards the end of the season, I always get a bit sad, as there will not be another Newcastle game for 12 week, but this season :anguish: I just want the season to end and to start again next year, hopefully with a new manager, and a rejuvenated squad.

Guest icemanblue

Absolutely.

Set pieces.

I'm not trying to be funny, but the set pieces are where a manager can have a direct input and you can actually see where some thought has gone into the training. On the evidence of what we've seen in two years under Pardew do you think he's shown his nous in that department in any way whatsoever?

We're talking about Sunday, man. Not the last two years, or our set pieces. Anyone with eyes can see they're not good enough.

Guest icemanblue

Absolutely.

Set pieces.

Correct.

Back it up then.

Guest neesy111

Absolutely.

Set pieces.

Correct.

Some people say top 7-8 which is laughable as the team has 1 goalscorer in double figures.

I honestly believe it's between 10th-12th.

Points wise we should be far higher than what we are now.

Guest neesy111

Absolutely.

Set pieces.

Correct.

Back it up then.

"However, the Chronicle understands that a full review will take place at the end of the season as the board and Pardew discuss the expectations."

So Alan, relegation threat until the very end, conceded most away goals in the league, not a single goal scored from a corner, one away win and most long balls in Europe. Five games to avoid those question blasting him in the face.

Absolutely.

Set pieces.

We're talking about Sunday, man. Not the last two years, or our set pieces. Anyone with eyes can see they're not good enough.

Sunday isn't disconnected to the rest of the season. Anyone can lose a game, but the problems lurking under the surface aren't going to disappear if we don't look at them, or start deflecting the blame towards the players.

Guest neesy111

Look at the lack of goals from midfield only Cabaye is contributing and he only has 2 goals from open play this season.

http://www.nufc.com/2012-13html/goalscorers.html

That's because they are usually sat in their own half "keeping their shape". It's not rocket science.

The players have to take responsibility for it as well.  Can't blame the manager for everything.

Some people say top 7-8 which is laughable as the team has 1 goalscorer in double figures.

down the manager no?  he had ba in double figures for the 1st half of the season based on the dogshit tactics from last year, since then cisse hasn't done too bad under difficult circumstances

i'd argue the problem is the manager again because if you go out with a lone forward every game, look to defend and have no definable action plan for how to get people in support of him, and get midfielders making runs into space how the fuck are you ever going to get other people scoring goals?

again, the manager

Absolutely.

Set pieces.

Correct.

I honestly believe it's between 10th-12th.

Points wise we should be far higher than what we are now.

Do you think top 8 is laughable on any other basis other than how many goals we score? If not, can I ask you a question?

Aside from the ability to finish, what does a player need to score a goal?

down the manager no?  he had ba in double figures for the 1st half of the season based on the dogshit tactics from last year, since then cisse hasn't done too bad under difficult circumstances

i'd argue the problem is the manager again because if you go out with a lone forward every game, look to defend and have no definable action plan for how to get people in support of him, and get midfielders making runs into space how the fuck are you ever going to get other people scoring goals?

again, the manager

Yup.

The way we are setup means we create chances of a poor nature because they are often shots from players on their own up front or under pressure. We rarely have enough players in attack to create decent/simple chances, it's always laboured and under pressure ones. Pardew's fear of having not enough defensive shape/cover means we don't have the right pressure upfront to win the ball or create something decent enough to win games with. Always feels like one off pieces of magic saving us instead of good team attacking football.

again, the manager

That's going into too much depth for some I suspect. Better just to be vague and spread the blame around. It was the players and managers fault and the fans as well for having high expectations. Okay.

Can't blame the manager for everything?

The manager is accountable for everything on the pitch.

I don't blame the clubs poor performance on the board, therefore in my mind there is only one person to blame.

If he is being let down by the players, he should do something about it, which he hasn't.

This started with a horrific pre-season IMO. Pardew has slowly dismantled Hughtons defence.

Absolutely.

Set pieces.

You've been burying your head in the sand for months. Firstly by saying in the relegation thread that we are/were a certainty not to go down. Secondly by using positive results despite the performance to talk down to people who could see that the poor performances would eventually lead us to the relegation battle we haven't been able to really get out if since December.

We shouldn't be fighting and childishly score pointless points from each other though. Our club is called Newcastle United. At the minute, we are anything but.