Alan Pardew

Dave

He's been shown up this season as a defensive minded manager uncapable of implementing an effective gameplan, but let's not pretend he's not been let down by some of his supposed better players, most of whom have not played anywhere near the standard they should be capable of. Ultimately though, the buck stops with him of course.

:thup: Agreed here. Players need to take some blame too.

Cabaye is nowhere near as good as what some people make him to be.

Harsh, Cabaye hasn't been good of late, but Cabaye is one of our best players man. He runs his socks off and is very precise in his passing game. He's one of the few creative outlets. Unfortunately he's sitting deep and apparently carrying a knock. I'd rest him, he hasn't had a rest since he left Lille with the Euro last year and all.

He doesn't stay in position man.  Runs around like a headless chicken and commits some pathetic fouls.

Don't agree whatsoever. Had I not seen him play before today, I would probably agree, but since he came to the club he has shown more than that. But your entitled to your opinion, I just find it harsh to find the wrongs in Cabaye when we have players like Tiote, Jonas, Simpson, Willy at the club playing games...

He's been shown up this season as a defensive minded manager uncapable of implementing an effective gameplan, but let's not pretend he's not been let down by some of his supposed better players, most of whom have not played anywhere near the standard they should be capable of. Ultimately though, the buck stops with him of course.

It could be argued he's the reason why they haven't played to the same standard tbf.

But yeah it hasn't been good enough from top to bottom.

TBF as much as I've been called 'hater' in here, you can't blame Pardew for Cabaye not being able to take a corner or pass a ball, Mbiwa for concentration lapses, Tiote for being s***, Ben Arfa for overdribbling and so on...

Cabaye is immense for France though. I don't buy it, put him in a well drilled side and he'd be incredible. If Man Utd get him, just watch how good he will be.  As for the other things, you can kind of attribute all of them to Pardew, if Cabayes bad change him, or dont instruct him to aim for Willo/Taylor,  Tiote, get him to do the simple things, ben Arfa, granted but thats his game.

Was talking about today tbf.

:thup: Agreed here. Players need to take some blame too.

Cabaye is nowhere near as good as what some people make him to be.

Harsh, Cabaye hasn't been good of late, but Cabaye is one of our best players man. He runs his socks off and is very precise in his passing game. He's one of the few creative outlets. Unfortunately he's sitting deep and apparently carrying a knock. I'd rest him, he hasn't had a rest since he left Lille with the Euro last year and all.

He doesn't stay in position man.  Runs around like a headless chicken and commits some pathetic fouls.

Well that's because he's not a defensive midfielder! What do you expect from an attacking playmaker being asked to screen his defence? This. Maybe if we played to our attacking players strengths this sort of thing wouldn't fucking happen. And Cabaye is pure class at what he does, man.

Guest neesy111

Cabaye is fantastic, he's our best player no doubt  :idiot2: to think he's not

You need to think about that tbh.

Cabaye is drowning in defensive work, once again. He looked at his best vs. Reading, when he wasn't some defensive midfielder and was in a genuine midfield 3. He's overworked and just can't compete physically against the extra man, which is essentially what is happening here.

Guest JRandall96

Who's better?

Guest bimpy474

Pardew's formation and tactics are doing Cabaye no favours, well just like the rest of the whole team tbh.

Regardless of todays shambles i have seen enough this season to see he has no idea at all tactically and how to motivate players ,we have some very talented players with good technique but he seems unable to get a solid shape from them ,arguably worse defence then ever atm and no cohesian through the team .

Guest neesy111

Though Cabaye is so overrated it's ridiculous.  Being carried by the French team me thinks.

Cabaye is being brought down by the shite we're playing, he's a very good footballer who isn't being played to get the best out of him or the team.

I'm not saying he isn't a fantastic footballer because I believe he is but the last 5 games he's been our worst player be a mile tbh.

Guest neesy111

Looks like he's carrying a knock to me. Either way, the fact he plays so deep is ridiculous. Pardew even called him our "quarterback". He seems to only want him to hit long diagonals. Its depressing as fuck

:anguish:

I'm not saying he isn't a fantastic footballer because I believe he is but the last 5 games he's been our worst player be a mile tbh.

The whole team are looking shit.

Guest neesy111

Who's better?

He's our best player but is playing awful how far low do you have to get?

Guest neesy111

The whole team are looking shit.

Nah, Cabaye is looking woeful and him and Tiote put in the most patethic 1st half I've seen from a Newcastle midfield today.

Nah, Cabaye is looking woeful and him and Tiote put in the most patethic 1st half I've seen from a Newcastle midfield today.

The whole team are looking shit, not a single player looked anything like as good as they can today and it's not just today.

Guest neesy111

He's looking bad because the entire team has been bloody awful this season

He's overrated by far too many.  Getting carried by the French team comes to mind.

Guest neesy111

He's overrated by far too many.  Getting carried by the French team comes to mind.

What does that even mean?

You said we have many Internationals Mick.  Or is this people in glass houses now....

Remember in his first summer in charge this muppet was banging on about 'controlling the midfield', signing certain players to 'play on the break' away from home. Oh, and my favourite, a 'passing game'.

What a fraud :lol:

What does that even mean?

You said we have many Internationals Mick.  Or is this people in glass houses now....

In fairness, I haven't a clue what your post is supposed to mean.

He's looking bad because the entire team has been bloody awful this season

You are making up shit now, he's consistently one of their best players and one of the first names on the team sheet.

He looks shit under Pardew's awful idea of football but he's not overrated, Xavi would look like crap under Pardew too.

Players are only as good as the coach allows them to be, we have top 6 players but a championship or lower manager so we struggle surprise surprise.

I don't really know who plays where anymore, it's become a kind of mind fuck figuring out what's going on....Sometimes the right back is so far ahead of the whole midfield he might as well run all the way back with the ball....:lol:

Guti was playing BEHIND Haidara the other day (pards finally admitting the former can't cross with his left). Sissoko a former holding mf/cm is playing as a support striker...Subs come on and play in front of fullbacks..Anita played a few games where Sissoko is now (running around a lot - playing through balls) now he's out of favour..Cabaye might as well play as a sweeper...It's all wrong. Should just sit down and ask them where they want to play... :laugh:

We don't break as a team.