Alan Pardew

Dave

Do we have the full quotes yet?

And he reminded Newcastle supporters that Sunderland could `only dream’ of playing in European competition.

Pardew said: 'Some of the reaction has been a bit heavy handed, we think, I still maintain what I said after the game was correct. We have had a good week’s rest and worked on things.

'The Europa League game definitely had an effect and a lot of clubs would have given right arm to be in the quarter-final of the Europa League and it was consequence of "going for it".

'We have five games and time to do work with the team and time for them to be refreshed. They know they carry a responsibility of this club to get results.

`It was a great day for Sunderland and for us a tough day. I would rather play and give it a good go in the quarter finals of the Europa League and they can only dream of that. Next year there is always another game.

`In these games and in your managerial career there are these setbacks, they are not nice and you have to carry them.

`Man Utd got beat 6-1 once by Man City and they got beat the other day but they have still won the league. For us it is done, it is history and we have to always carry it.  We have to carry it like they have to with all the defeats we have inflicted on them.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2311660/Alan-Pardew-Derby-day-criticism-top.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

The last paragraph saves it a little bit, and there is a nice dig at sunderland. Doesnt seem massively controversial to me, just not ideal. His tactics are abysmal but these comments dont bother me too much. Would you prefer an insincere Di Canio-esque chest beating about pride? He has been honest, lets move on....

That last paragraph is the worst for me. Who the hell is he to take credit for all the derby defeats we've inflicted on them? We were unbeaten at St James for 13 years before this muppet took charge. He's broken the spell for Sunderland and if he's here next season I expect Di Canio to give him another Di-caning. If he couldn't get the better of them when they should have been crushed by relegation fear, then I don't hold much hope for him under normal circumstances.

Spot on.

Easy to forget that we were two minutes away from losing at home last season too after an absolutely identical first half. We only managed a point because Sessegnon walked. Two desperate home displays coming off the back of a 5-1 win and he reckons criticism is heavy handed. Cannot believe he has the nerve.

He hasn't got the mentality for games like this tbh. You can kill games at home to Stoke and Norwich and Fulham stone dead and bore everyone to tears before stealing a goal. You can't do that in the derby ffs, the mentality should be to pulverise them, not to keep it tight against a team with no goalscorers! Utter tool. For all the chatter about "stability", I can't believe there's anyone who genuinely wants to watch another season of this dreary rubbish.

Excluding Sundays shambles we've done pretty well in derbies under him. All 3 away performances we've outplayed them and we're unlucky not to win the ones we drew. I'll give you the 1st half's of last seasons but 2nd half we murdered them.

Again this isnt to defend the rest of his remarks which are obviously desperate but I hardly think he's personally attempting to claim credit for our record over them in past seasons.

1 win, 3 draws and a heavy defeat isn't anywhere near good enough imo, especially considering how shit they've been in that time.

Fair do's. I was really happy with all 3 performances at the SOL and was thankful they got a point last season at SJP, aswell as missing a pen. If i'm brutally honest i'l take a point leading up to a derby, home and away. Just as long as they dont lose.

Sunday was unforgivable however.

Do we have the full quotes yet?

And he reminded Newcastle supporters that Sunderland could `only dream’ of playing in European competition.

Pardew said: 'Some of the reaction has been a bit heavy handed, we think, I still maintain what I said after the game was correct. We have had a good week’s rest and worked on things.

'The Europa League game definitely had an effect and a lot of clubs would have given right arm to be in the quarter-final of the Europa League and it was consequence of "going for it".

'We have five games and time to do work with the team and time for them to be refreshed. They know they carry a responsibility of this club to get results.

`It was a great day for Sunderland and for us a tough day. I would rather play and give it a good go in the quarter finals of the Europa League and they can only dream of that. Next year there is always another game.

`In these games and in your managerial career there are these setbacks, they are not nice and you have to carry them.

`Man Utd got beat 6-1 once by Man City and they got beat the other day but they have still won the league. For us it is done, it is history and we have to always carry it.  We have to carry it like they have to with all the defeats we have inflicted on them.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2311660/Alan-Pardew-Derby-day-criticism-top.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

The last paragraph saves it a little bit, and there is a nice dig at sunderland. Doesnt seem massively controversial to me, just not ideal. His tactics are abysmal but these comments dont bother me too much. Would you prefer an insincere Di Canio-esque chest beating about pride? He has been honest, lets move on....

That last paragraph is the worst for me. Who the hell is he to take credit for all the derby defeats we've inflicted on them? We were unbeaten at St James for 13 years before this muppet took charge. He's broken the spell for Sunderland and if he's here next season I expect Di Canio to give him another Di-caning. If he couldn't get the better of them when they should have been crushed by relegation fear, then I don't hold much hope for him under normal circumstances.

Not playing devils advocate here but I can't see him claiming credit for any of the past defeats we dished out to them in that quote there.

Then why mention them?

Desperation.

If I was him I would just leave it alone and concentrate on getting a win tomorrow. That's the only thing which will take some pressure off. But Pardew's got a big gob and it's difficult for him to resist the urge to talk shite.

Watched first question and answer and closed the window, same excuses every week even when we had a break from Europe in between the group and knockout stages it was an excuse. He's pathetic.

From Saturdays fixture through until the end of this season, he has no excuses left to use.

If the team wins tomorrow, after having a weeks break in between fixtures and away to a good team, he buys himself quite a lot of time.

I don't get to any matches, living 5000 miles away, is the atmosphere at the games at all like the general consensus on here? I don't get the feeling it is which is strange and disappointing. If Ashley is determined to stick by Pardew, the only way he will change his mind, is if the crowd get after him, or stop turning up every week.

I don't get to any matches, living 5000 miles away, is the atmosphere at the games at all like the general consensus on here? I don't get the feeling it is which is strange and disappointing. If Ashley is determined to stick by Pardew, the only way he will change his mind, is if the crowd get after him, or stop turning up every week.

My feeling is that most percentage of the stands have kept tight lipped because of a) last season and b) a lack of investment in the summer - and also as past experiences have shown, wild protest from the stands whilst tempting more often than not have a detrimental affect with goings on on the pitch (See Hull city game at SJP).

It won't last though and sunday really could be the catalyst for what probably is justified negativity. Pardew has been unbelievably lucky to have such patient support at Newcastle, but the continued garbage being served up is beginning to get really tiresome, eventually the fans will turn if it keeps up.

Reading at home turned ugly but results picked up after.

My feeling is that most percentage of the stands have kept tight lipped because of a) last season and b) a lack of investment in the summer - and also as past experiences have shown, wild protest from the stands whilst tempting more often than not have a detrimental affect with goings on on the pitch (See Hull away).

It won't last though and sunday really could be the catalyst for what probably is justified negativity. Pardew has been unbelievably lucky to have such patient support at Newcastle, but the continued garbage being served up is beginning to get really tiresome, eventually the fans will turn if it keeps up.

Reading at home turned ugly but results picked up after.

:thup:

I couldn't believe how silent most of the people at the game were on Sunday, especially when it became clear we were a beaten side.

Fair few individuals screaming for Pardew out come FT, though. Get the feeling that the vast majority are thinking the same thing, just not quite ready to be vocal about it.

Guest hobshobs

I couldn't believe how silent most of the people at the game were on Sunday, especially when it became clear we were a beaten side.

Fair few individuals screaming for Pardew out come FT, though. Get the feeling that the vast majority are thinking the same thing, just not quite ready to be vocal about it.

I'm not so sure it's that people are not quite ready to be vocal about it. I think it's more a case of it doesn't really matter what we think as fans, Ashley will do as he thinks fit. Look at the fan reactions to the Keegan resignation and the Carrol sale, it didn't make the slightest bit of difference. One thing I would say though, if we didn't have the best prices in the Premier League the crowds would be nothing like they are. He's got that right, it's cheap and he's offering a nasty product currently. Cheap and nasty just lik Sports Direct.

Down to stunned disbelief I think that. No one could quite fathom out how shite we'd been.

Down to stunned disbelief I think that. No one could quite fathom out how shite we'd been.

I don't know why like, I wasn't and don't understand people who were. We've had so many performances identical to that (with varying results) that it really shouldn't have come as too much of a surprise.