Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest bimpy474

The Dire Set pieces is a good enough reason for me. With no contribution from them, i wonder how much of a handicap we hand to other teams. 

Well for a start every opposition know that we have zero threat at all from them. For me that hands them 25% of the match right there.

The Dire Set pieces is a good enough reason for me. With no contribution from them, i wonder how much of a handicap we hand to other teams.

I really don't care about this tbh, its the general play that concerns me. If we actually created chances no one would give a shit about corners.

:lol:

He should be in the lab working on an elixr.

Seriously? if the players are unfit then there is clearly a problem with how train and that is down to the manager.

It's not a coincidence we have so many hamstring injuries and other pulls, you don't get those through being unlucky you get that by poor preparation.

There is nothing magic about it, why do you think the big clubs get few injuries that are related to hamstrings and the like?

Because they prepare properly, if these consistent hamstring injuries are anything to go by we obviously don't.

We hardly had a player out all last season.  Do you think Pardew has made a change to the fitness regime that has led to a worsening of the situation?

I tend to think it's more to do with the fact we played our 50th game of the season over the weekend but we only played 43 in the whole of last season.

Put it this way, since the transfer window closed, which losses are we stringing together to say it's sack worthy?

The Mackems - definitely.

Wigan and Swansea otherwise?

Both lost in the dying minutes?

I'm stringing together 34 performances and saying they're sack worthy.

Then you aren't being fair.

The real disgruntlement started before the transfer window opened.  We lost 10 league games out of 13.  If he was going to be sacked, the end of that run would have been a worthy time.

But he hadn't been backed in the market then. 

Since he has been we have only lost 5 games from 11.  We've won just as many.

Real disgruntlement started when?

Robson had belief in his own ability though; being high up in the Premier League didn't faze him in the slightest. I'm not convinced this applies to Pardew. It's as though he's so nervous about mucking up what we've acheived so far that he's trying everything possible to avoid it and it's at risk of backfiring. Our season is on a knife-edge at the moment IMO.

I agree, which is why I've accused him of bottling it a few times this season, Liverpool was the worst. Like I said elsewhere it's only gonna take one or two upgrades to the first team for Pardew to look like the weak link every single week unless he changes his mindset.

I'm being fair, his tactics have been suspect for his entire time here. I just keep seeing you post a bunch of numbers, watch the football man, it's rank and it has been for ages, albeit with different amounts of luck/fantastic finishing.

I was one of them.  And I'm smug about it too *straightens his tie*

I remember the ones that saw though the bullshit and criticised Pardew were shot down by turds on here.

There were specific turds on here claiming we were silly to want to play a more passing type in the mould of Swansea and such.  Seeing they were below us and everything they refused to see it our ways and got brought into the Pardew salesman bullcrap.

You don't think Pardew could have been getting the best out of the players he had at his disposal?

I think in doing that he bought himself the opportunity to see if he can do it with the better players we bought in January.  Once they're up to the pace of the game and understanding starts to build I like to think performances will come.

Get out. Out!! AAAaaghht!! :razz:

I just want to add that one of the reasons there is very little support for the striker is that Pardew tends to pick very defensive midfields. Cabaye is usually deployed deep behind Tiote and Jonas is picked for his defensive attributes only. That's why we end up with a massive gap between the midfield and forwards, and this is due to the way Pardew lines them up.

He has done, but I think there's evidence of him looking to sort that out too.  Cabaye was still very deep against the mackems...but that was to accommodate a very attacking set up otherwise with Marveaux and Gouffran and Sissoko supporting the striker.

The fact half of those players never showed up was disappointing like.

It might help if they practiced that formation more regularly. The lack of off the ball movement suggests very little drill work in this area and when you watch the games it all looks very off the cuff.

I just want to add that one of the reasons there is very little support for the striker is that Pardew tends to pick very defensive midfields. Cabaye is usually deployed deep behind Tiote and Jonas is picked for his defensive attributes only. That's why we end up with a massive gap between the midfield and forwards, and this is due to the way Pardew lines them up.

He has done, but I think there's evidence of him looking to sort that out too.  Cabaye was still very deep against the mackems...but that was to accommodate a very attacking set up otherwise with Marveaux and Gouffran and Sissoko supporting the striker.

The fact half of those players never showed up was disappointing like.

It might help if they practiced that formation more regularly. The lack of off the ball movement suggests very little drill work in this area and when you watch the games it all looks very off the cuff.

Yeah the lack of bowel movement is an issue.

I don't stand a f***ing chance like... is there anyone else who has 18 month-old posts pulled out and laughed at?

FWIW I can't even find that post in the thread you've linked, so I can't begin to put it into context.

Because it doesn't exist mate :lol:

Questions have to be asked of him in the summer that's for sure. How much of our position is down to him? Are the players as a team playing up to their full capabilities? Will we be able to progress on with a few more good signings (which seem to be down to Graham Carr and not Pardew). Could we maximize what we've got with a different, less negative manager? Let's not forget as well that when we lose we lose very heavily as well. To be 6th after 26 games with a 0 goal difference is very strange.

The team can't pass and keep possession to anywhere near an acceptable standard given the level they're playing at. The players look afraid to break from their rigid positioning to create options for passes and to create attacking moves. Some thing is fundamentally not right about the team at the moment.

Same points could very much apply more than a year on.

Guest Dontooner

TBH not trying to second guess what the Newcastle board will do but if we :

Lose : Liverpool

Draw or lose : West Ham

Win or Draw :QPR

Lose or Draw :Arsenal

at about 1200 Pages i think Pardew will be relieve of his duties. That is my prediction , too many underestimate the businessman we have in charge of this club.

The Plans to replace him probably have started behind the scenes.

That would be the most logical thing for the club, then again i might be wrong. Just my opinion

I can't work out what your lose/draworlose/winordraw/loseordraw thing is meant to mean...

Anyway, he won't be relieved of his duties before the season is over.

If we get relegated, he'll probably stay on because it'll be cheaper and he'll be deemed adequate. If we don't, he'll probably get at least another 6 months and this season will be written off as a blip for some reason.

The board’s ‘Roadmap to Survival’ (which is the base level expected from any manger, as relegation costs so much), demonstrated around the replacement of Hughton with Pardew, is to create a team that would guarantee a survival points total by (1) beating teams in the bottom half and (2) winning home games, achieving this by playing attacking football. The Carr signings have to been seen in the context of this plan.

Pardew has backed himself into a corner with his weird ‘broken football’ style because it transforms the games he has to win into these scrappy, 50/50, goal here or there, turgid, tact(ic)less, lotteries. If something happens at the end of the season, it’ll be a based on his failure to win the games he was appointed to win – the distribution of his results this year are no different to Allardyce or Hughton’s before they got the boot.     

None of our players have played over 40 games, only 4 have played more than 30, and one of them is a goalkeeper.

Meanwhile most of Chelsea's first team players are on around 45-50 games.

Aye, and Benitez has been complaining about tiredness for months.

January 3rd

January 27th

Mid Feb

March

April

These foreign players are just lazy. They come over here buy big watches, 4x4's and settle into a life of comfort and training at 11am for a couple of hours then over to the snail farm.