Alan Pardew

Dave

The man's done very well it his near two years with the club.

It's unlikely he'll see out this contract but I'm content we've got a good manager who has done impressive things with a small squad and got top performances from some average players.

I don't like the discontent murmurs. It's that kind of nonsense that got Bobby sacked. Not that I reckon we're anywhere near that state, but sometimes it's worth being patient and looking back on where we were 2-3 years ago.

Though I admit, I basically live in fear of self-fulfilling negative comments regarding NUFC managers, so I'm a little protective over mr pardleton, and sensitive to negative comments.

DL will sack him tomorrow, paying him 8 years wages in full. Immediately into administration. Relegated. All because of your negativity. :'(

Broadly pleased  - I think its a sensible move (depending on what he is on and any termination agreement)and Pardew has done really well but while its true that success is associated with stability the causality isn't one way - its easier to be succesful if you have stability but its also easier to be stable when you have good managers bringing success

Guest optimistic nit

Sniff the air, people...

An 8 year contract? :azn:

Now that's either a fishy smell or someone's shat themselves. Not yet sure which. Time will tell.

same length that we gave carr, and he'll be in his 70's till then.

brilliant news, we need stability in this club, and the backroom setup we have now is one we can build a club with, some of the garbage i've read in this thread makes me wounder whether the mackems are right about a thing or two.

Sniff the air, people...

An 8 year contract? :azn:

Now that's either a fishy smell or someone's shat themselves. Not yet sure which. Time will tell.

same length that we gave carr, and he'll be in his 70's till then.

brilliant news, we need stability in this club, and the backroom setup we have now is one we can build a club with.