Alan Pardew

Dave

Well, Wiki wasn't exactly helpful with Mr Montanier. Can anyone enlighten me to why he's so highly rated? My assumption at the moment is 'plays nice football', and 'is French'.

Because apart from those things he has Sociedad on the verge of Champions League qualification on a shoe string budget.

Would also have knowledge of the budget league that is La Liga too.

Guest icemanblue

Well, Wiki wasn't exactly helpful with Mr Montanier. Can anyone enlighten me to why he's so highly rated? My assumption at the moment is 'plays nice football', and 'is French'.

Because apart from those things he has Sociedad on the verge of Champions League qualification on a shoe string budget.

Similar to Pardew last season then......

:lol: I was setting up for that, man. You stole in like a cheeky quisling.

Would also have knowledge of the budget league that is La Liga too.

Sad that we don't tap into this market...at all.

Guest neesy111

Similar to Pardew last season then......

:lol: I was setting up for that, man. You stole in like a cheeky quisling.

:lol:

Ketsbaia now!

Nutjob poker:

I will see your PDC and raise it with a Ketsbaia.

Would have been an interesting derby to be fair. Might end in a punch up :lol:

Sounds good to me. Better than "sit back... sit back... now turn back... no don't run up there.... aim for Shola's head... no don't run up there, are you mad, that's their box..."

"Woah!! What you attacking for you muppets. Faaaaackin' hell. I'm off to be a dick"

I'm reading a lot of people on here wanting rid of AP ASAP... Not reading many alternatives suggested at the same time when really it should be a prerequisite...

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,93490.0.html

The first few names mentioned were Alex Ferguson Arsene Wenger and Lee Ryder... Thanks for proving my point for me...

Well if you don't want to read the 33 pages or look at the poll that's up to you :lol: Just don't complain people aren't putting realistic names forward when they are.

Checked the pole out... So its between keeping AP... David Moyes... Roberto Martinez... :lol: Just shows there doesn't seem to be a lot out there...

Out of interest who do you want and why?...

You must have missed Montanier who's got a lot of votes there too. There's plenty out there.

My choices personally: Martinez, Montanier, Jol and I've even warmed to the idea of Poyet over time. Simple reason they'll all bring attacking football with an emphasis on width and possession and all have a positive approach which rubs off on their teams.

If we had any ambition or if our board valued the importance of having a good manager we'd throw money at Swansea to get Laudrup.

Well the plus points with Montanier is obviously his playing style and his contract is up in the summer and he would come with no PL baggage... Not sure of his achievements otherwise?

Jol I personally wanted before we decided to go with AP so i think that ship has sailed...

Martinez turned down Villa and Liverpool... So not sure what club he is looking for next...

I just feel (like i guess most things in life) they (1&3) are gambles which i'm not sure we need to take right now... I just feel if you make your managers position look weak then players pick up on this and that leads to anarchy and trouble... 3 years seems to be a good length of time to judge a manager IMO...

It's a lot easier to get away with excuses when you lose once in a blue moon. Fergie loses, what, five times a season? Pardew is well into the twenties now and he's had some excuse every time.

every manager has an excuse at the ready, criticize him for many things for having excuses and attempting to shift blame isn't one of them because anybody we get in (if pardew does leave) will do the exact same

Ketsbaia now!

Nutjob poker:

I will see your PDC and raise it with a Ketsbaia.

Would have been an interesting derby to be fair. Might end in a punch up :lol:

Sounds good to me. Better than "sit back... sit back... now turn back... no don't run up there.... aim for Shola's head... no don't run up there, are you mad, that's their box..."

"Woah!! What you attacking for you muppets. Faaaaackin' hell. I'm off to be a dick"

'Why are you attacking? You're too tired to do that...TOO TIRED TO DO THAT'

I wouldn't say Pardew has had a shoe string budget like. We do well financially but he's had very good resources to work with and was effectively given a whole new quad.

Some thing that is often over looked too. He assembled this team and they don't seem to be able to play to his tactics effectively. The transfer policy may be set above his head but it's not going to change either.

It's a lot easier to get away with excuses when you lose once in a blue moon. Fergie loses, what, five times a season? Pardew is well into the twenties now and he's had some excuse every time.

every manager has an excuse at the ready, criticize him for many things for having excuses and attempting to shift blame isn't one of them because anybody we get in (if pardew does leave) will do the exact same

No :lol:

I wouldn't say Pardew has had a shoe string budget like. We do well financially but he's had very good resources to work with and was effectively given a whole new quad.

He started the season with a smaller squad with less quality than the previous season but with an added competition... I personally don't think it takes a genius to see where some of the problems lie...

That's already two things he's got going for him over Pardew.

He started the season with a smaller squad with less quality than the previous season but with an added competition... I personally don't think it takes a genius to see where some of the problems lie...

I was talking about last season Ba, Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Santon, Cisse & Marveaux were all bought for him. Regardless of how much was spent he had a very strong squad assembled for him.

As for the last sentence, if the manager not being up to task is one of those problems then I agree.

That's already two things he's got going for him over Pardew.

"Plays shit football" "Is a cunt"

Btw, this idea that we can't replace Pardew because there's no one available at Ashley pay levels is getting stale. Swansea and Southampton appear to have done it. After Sunday when some lower division fascist lunatic turned up and wiped the floor with Pardew I'm surprised anyone's still got the gall to go there.

Guest bimpy474

I said Phil Montanier months ago, he's French and his teams play good football. But the main reason for me was, when he first took over at Soceidad, they struggled but he didn't panic and he stuck to playing the good football that has got them to where they are now.

Like any fairly unknown manager there are risks, but with us on the verge of relegation under Pardew, i'm not sure it's such a bad risk anymore. A manager who likes to see his team play good football, can tough it out when struggling. The French players should like him. Worth a go.

I was talking about last season Ba, Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Santon, Cisse & Marveaux were all bought for him. Regardless of how much was spent he had a very strong squad assembled for him.

As for the last sentence, if the manager not being up to task is one of those problems then I agree.

Ben Arfa was already there... And you don't mention all the players we lost... Ba has gone... So that leaves Cabaye who's had as many poor games as good... Same can be said for Santon and Marveaux... Cisse has done well but he has had to replace Carroll+Best in reality...

I think some on here massively over-hype our players to compensate the criticism of a manager ... The truth normally lies much closer down the middle...