Alan Pardew

Dave

FFS. I know it's not going to happen. Yet I'll still be waiting all of tomorrow. Honestly don't know what good it'd do with 5 games left, but at least we'd know he's not here next season I guess.

FFS. I know it's not going to happen. Yet I'll still be waiting all of tomorrow. Honestly don't know what good it'd do with 5 games left, but at least we'd know he's not here next season I guess.

Ste man, winds up stifler who then gets everyone excited. Wumming at its very best, this fucker has his own Padawan  :lol:

I very much doubt there's anything about Guthrie that would have meant he bucked the trend that everyone who was good last season has been shit in this one.

He's a much better 'footballer' than Tiote and is (this bit is funny) better physically than Anita. We could've done with him.

My biggest issue with Guthrie was his stamina like Cabaye's isn't up to scratch for a top flight PL footballer.

I'm sad to see this Cabaye stamina thing becoming a bit of an accepted reality on here.

Distance covered data is difficult to get a hold of for whatever reason, but there were loads of articles last season (and one from earlier in this one) showing just how much work he puts in:

October 2011: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newcastle-Yohan-Cabaye-is-hardest-working-player-in-Premier-League-stats-reveal-article812018.html

December 2011: http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/yohan-cabaye-clocks-up-miles-1408521

March 2012: The Mag = "Any idea which player covered most distance for Newcastle against the Gunners? That would be Yohan Cabaye with 5.27 miles."

November 2012: Footy Place = "For the seventh time this season, Yohan Cabaye topped the distance run charts for Newcastle with 6.55 miles against West Ham."

:dontknow:

It happens all the time :lol:

Someone declares some random nonsense with authority and it spreads like wildfire. Before we know it Coloccini has "lost a yard of pace", Cisse has missed proper loads of sitters, and Yohan Cabaye is physically unfit.

I think it shows your ignorance to the contribution they both made in us finishing 5th...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ner, I just think you're coming up with some absolutely f***ing preposterous excuses for why we are currently in a relegation battle. You said something about a middle ground in your other post, maybe you should heed your own advice a little?

He isn't as bad a manager as this season has made him out to be, as I've said I don't think he's ever really had it perfect whilst he was here, however the cracks were apparent last season and this season has further highlighted them. He isn't a great manager and we'd do well to get rid.

So you agreeing with me :lol: That is what i'm saying... He isn't as bad as he's being made to look this season... The players i've mentioned all have performed better than the players mentioned as their supposed superior replacements... (Guthrie+Best vs Anita+No one) ...No manager will have it perfect under how we operate... I've never said he is a great manager... All I've argued (from the very start) is when we get rid who do we get and why... So i ask you... Who would you suggest and why?

I've probably gotten the wrong end of the stick so apologies if so. But although we haven't directly replaced Best we haven't actually really needed too. He was only involved last season because of the African Cup of Nations and injury but this season we've been fairly lucky up front, Cisse and/or Ba have been able to play pretty much every game. Anita doesn't really fit into Pardew's formation/style* so I would say Guthrie looking better than him is partly down to that, and why I think another manager would get more out of him.

*I realise that he probably wasn't Pardew's choice, but imo him and Marveaux are the types of players we should be getting the best out of.

Sacked, announced tomorrow.

Not from me but from Ste (not that I believe him).

You both deserved to be hanged by your cock if it turns out to be BS which it almost certainly is :lol:

Tbf Ste is probably on the wind up :lol:

50/1  :hmm:

Fuck me, 50/1!?

I can just about see the point of view of those wanting him to stay however. I think our fanbase is scared of sacking a manager. For years under Shepherd we clambered for stability, for years we've wanted a manager who will stay for years. Last season, it did look like we might have ourselves some much craved stability. A good side, organised and playing well. Not playing great football but getting results as well as what looked on the face of it, a good manager. This season it has gone tits up and we have been woeful, but I can still see why some people want to keep him on.

For me, and plenty of others though, I just cant see it getting any better. Thats the whole top and bottom of it. He's got a good set of players there, prior to January I gave him the benefit of the doubt because of squad was bare thin, now however, he's got reinforcements yet he cant seem to fit them in and get us playing. It wont improve like, I'm sure of it.  Dont agree with the revisionists saying we were playing crap football last season either. Granted, we weren't playing free flowing stuff but we were organised, disciplined and had a threat going forward whilst being solid at the back, everything we're not this season. Too play the way we were last season takes time, it takes work and if it's not happening now, it wont happen any time soon. The tides been slowly turning against Pardew now for a while, the faith in Pardew has evaporated now for sure and it's only a matter of time before he's gone in my book like.