Alan Pardew

Dave

I've defended him, but his quotes today have really got my back up.

The criticism was "heavy handed"? We just got thumped 3-0 off our local rivals who were staring relegation in the face. A team with one of the weakest midfield's in the league played through ours time and time again. We were absolutely fucking wank. The last time I witnessed a performance that gutless we were relegated when the full time whistle went.

And those comments about the Mackems. Really? How small time. He's beginning to sound like Steve Bruce.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd376/deathshead75/nailonhead_zps7419717d.jpg

Heavy handed. :lol:

We got fucking battered and there was a remarkably low amount of negative reaction at the ground IMO.

Was he definitely talking about the fans? Mental if so, as you say he should have expected an absolute beasting.

Well he can't be talking about the press, surely. Who else is there?

Do we have the full quotes yet?

And he reminded Newcastle supporters that Sunderland could `only dream’ of playing in European competition.

Pardew said: 'Some of the reaction has been a bit heavy handed, we think, I still maintain what I said after the game was correct. We have had a good week’s rest and worked on things.

'The Europa League game definitely had an effect and a lot of clubs would have given right arm to be in the quarter-final of the Europa League and it was consequence of "going for it".

'We have five games and time to do work with the team and time for them to be refreshed. They know they carry a responsibility of this club to get results.

`It was a great day for Sunderland and for us a tough day. I would rather play and give it a good go in the quarter finals of the Europa League and they can only dream of that. Next year there is always another game.

`In these games and in your managerial career there are these setbacks, they are not nice and you have to carry them.

`Man Utd got beat 6-1 once by Man City and they got beat the other day but they have still won the league. For us it is done, it is history and we have to always carry it.  We have to carry it like they have to with all the defeats we have inflicted on them.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2311660/Alan-Pardew-Derby-day-criticism-top.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

And he reminded Newcastle supporters that Sunderland could `only dream’ of playing in European competition.

Pardew said: 'Some of the reaction has been a bit heavy handed, we think, I still maintain what I said after the game was correct. We have had a good week’s rest and worked on things.

'The Europa League game definitely had an effect and a lot of clubs would have given right arm to be in the quarter-final of the Europa League and it was consequence of "going for it".

'We have five games and time to do work with the team and time for them to be refreshed. They know they carry a responsibility of this club to get results.

`It was a great day for Sunderland and for us a tough day. I would rather play and give it a good go in the quarter finals of the Europa League and they can only dream of that. Next year there is always another game.

`In these games and in your managerial career there are these setbacks, they are not nice and you have to carry them.

`Man Utd got beat 6-1 once by Man City and they got beat the other day but they have still won the league. For us it is done, it is history and we have to always carry it.  We have to carry it like they have to with all the defeats we have inflicted on them.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2311660/Alan-Pardew-Derby-day-criticism-top.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

The last paragraph saves it a little bit, and there is a nice dig at sunderland. Doesnt seem massively controversial to me, just not ideal. His tactics are abysmal but these comments dont bother me too much. Would you prefer an insincere Di Canio-esque chest beating about pride? He has been honest, lets move on....

We got fucking battered and there was a remarkably low amount of negative reaction at the ground IMO.

Was he definitely talking about the fans? Mental if so, as you say he should have expected an absolute beasting.

Well he can't be talking about the press, surely. Who else is there?

I thought he could be talking about press/pundits.

The last paragraph saves it a little bit, and there is a nice dig at sunderland. Doesnt seem massively controversial to me, just not ideal. His tactics are abysmal but these comments dont bother me too much. Would you prefer an insincere Di Canio-esque chest beating about pride? He has been honest, lets move on....

last paragragh saves it?

Pardew salesman bullshit at full throttle thats what the last paragraph was.

How many defeats have you inflicted on them, Alan?

The stadium, the riots, the horse punching, the week of despair and he still doesn't get it.

I happen to think he's spot on.

Thursday was a much bigger game than sunday and he's saying we're bigger than that and should have more ambition than to just win derbies which appears to be their only ambition.

If we go down this season will you still claim the same?

Thursday was a much bigger game than sunday and he's saying we're bigger than that and should have more ambition than to just win derbies which appears to be their only ambition.

If he is saying fan reaction was over the top I think he's wrong. But I don't know that he is, he might just be trying to downplay the situation in general, or be referring to pundits etc.

In context that whole interview doesn't read too badly. At least when he talks about Sunderland he also admits we'll have to carry our own burden of defeat.

Reads better than each line in isolation.

So following on from his Bruce like comments, he's provided the media with yet more cringeworthy sound bites.  Unbelievably small time and embarrassing.

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse.  He tries a bit of point scoring and has a petty sly dig and then has the cheek to say the reaction is a bit heavy handed  :lol:  Maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events, but we just got our asses kicked Pards.  3-0 as well..

:facepalm:

Dead man walking. 

Those quotes are ridicules! Simply embarrassing. :lol:

We didn't fucking "go for it", you cunt. :lol: And that dig at SMB was just needless and a sign of a very, very desperate man. :facepalm:

Get out of our club...

Get out of our club...

You clueless cockney bastard, get out of our cluuuuuuuuub!

Definitely an extreme lack of negative reaction. The leeway he has built up with fans is astonishing, he must be pretty good at the smooth talking PR bullshit.

If he is saying fan reaction was over the top I think he's wrong. But I don't know that he is, he might just be trying to downplay the situation in general, or be referring to pundits etc.

In context that whole interview doesn't read too badly. At least when he talks about Sunderland he also admits we'll have to carry our own burden of defeat.

That is just as bad.

So following on from his Bruce like comments, he's provided the media with yet more cringeworthy sound bites.  Unbelievably small time and embarrassing.

TBH I think the media find him a pleasure to work with. It's mainly us who dissect every detail.

That is just as bad.

I see what you're saying, yes and no IMO. Obviously he should be impressing on the players how dire the situation is, but in public he needs to make it sound like everything is calm.

At the end of the day the performance against WBA will be the telling thing.

That is just as bad.

I see what you're saying, yes and no IMO. Obviously he should be impressing on the players how dire the situation is, but in public he needs to make it sound like everything is calm.

At the end of the day the performance against WBA will be the telling thing.

If we lose then it'll be because Marveaux and Tiote are out, you know it. :laugh: