Alan Pardew

Dave

I'm with a few on here who say it isn't the formation as such, When Man Utd use different tactics, they still keep the ball even if a certain formation isn't working.

Our problem is lack of movement and utter inability to keep the ball, oh yeah and i see our set penises have got no better, i mean how many more free kicks or corners does Cabaye have to take to see his delivery is shocking.

:lol: bimpy man, what is it with you?

Tbh i'm getting sick of Pardew and his "if you control the midfield, you control the game" stuff. We absolutely dont do that in any way whatsoever.

True. Rarely when we win do we do that.

Aye, also the set penises are really fecking me off. Talk about lack of imagination and thought behind them. I mean at least try a short one or something different.

Even a Sunday League team would come up with something else. Its now got to the point of embarrassment.

:lol: Set penises!

Well i'm consistent :lol:. Set penises just seems so ampt, seeing as they're cocking awful

:lol:

we need littlelunchbox's input on this one

i refuse any input with set penises,  unless Xisco is involved with the team.

Guest bimpy474

....... Tiote........

...Anita......Cabaye....

HBA.................Ba

............ cisse........

Would cure the lack of creativity

But only if they are given freedom to move and not set like rigid statues, which is Pardew's want at the moment, it seems.

It's a mixture of problems that's creating the bad performances which is a worry as I don't think they can all be fixed easily.

Fearing the mid 2005 seasons return this year. Still only good game has been vs Bordeaux - with half of our "good" players missing.

The problems where there in the summer, The Board and Alan has missed with their gamble.

you know the real irony of today is, it looked like we actually tried to pass the ball or keep hold of it more than we looked to play it long especially in the first half, but we failed miserably, mainly due to it looking like the players have been coached out of it for far too long.

I noticed that in the first half, passing it around the back(including Williamson who it has been claimed is incapable of short passes). No point in playing it out from the back if there's no movement in front though.

....... Tiote........

...Anita......Cabaye....

HBA.................Ba

Cabaye has to be a lot further up the pitch than that and I'm not convinced Anita and Tioté will be able to play in the same team. From what Unbelievable! says and from what I've seen, Anita has to be the deepest midfielder who picks the ball up off the centre halves. That would mean Tioté playing higher up the pitch, where I don't think he'd be very effective.

Guest Dontooner

Ba should be playing on the left, Cisse can still score but he is not a one man player , he needs service. Where else Ba can make chances himself by coming in. Pardew is just a coward, not to move Ba for the good of the team.

Always wondered how a team of good footballers will look like Under Sam in the past. Pardew just fed me that long time curiosity,

....... Tiote........

...Anita......Cabaye....

HBA.................Ba

Cabaye has to be a lot further up the pitch than that and I'm not convinced Anita and Tioté will be able to play in the same team. From what Unbelievable! says and from what I've seen, Anita has to be the deepest midfielder who picks the ball up off the centre halves. That would mean Tioté playing higher up the pitch, where I don't think he'd be very effective.

I feel that way as well think Tiote and Anita would be stepping on each other's toes or Tiote higher up the pitch where he wouldn't be very effective.

Which might explain why we have been linked with the likes of Benat and Sissoko, we have DM's and we have Cabaye but where is the link between the two?

It just doesn't exist, of course there are bigger issues than that but it is a problem.

Well, I've just got in.

I feel more petulant about the performance than I had expected to.

I won't bore you with my thoughts on the game, which have probably been covered several times over. [This chap's impressions of the game strike me as applicable though, just in case you're having trouble getting to bed.]

Genuinely quite bored now.

Bored of the same performances. Bored of being bored on a Sunday. Bored of making the same posts on this forum even.

I've always thought Pardew was an average manager. After almost two seasons, I've re-assessed. He's actually below average on the evidence available.

Outplayed at home by Norwich, Aston Villa and West Brom - all teams with vastly inferior personnel resources. A marked intention to eke out victories rather than batter teams where possible.

We correctly take the piss out of Martin O'Neill for playing such dour football, but at least he has an excuse. He has mediocre resources (Cattermole, Bardsley, Colback, McClean and Larsson).

We have Demba Ba, Hatem Ben Arfa, Papiss Cisse, Fabricio Coloccini, Tim Krul, Yohan Cabaye and Cheick Tiote in our spine.

Maybe we as NUFC fans do over-rate the above selection (our star players, I suppose) but even the most saturnine and level-headed Newcastle fan (or neutral for that matter) will tell you our individuals are far better than what Norwich, Villa etc can currently offer.

I was watching the Everton vs Liverpool match earlier, and was dreading 3pm because I was enjoying watching a football match and I knew that would soon end once I turned over.

I enjoy watching pretty much every team in this league play apart from Sunderland and Stoke - even West Ham somehow entertain me (they don't sit on 1-0 leads when they're in a dominant position for a start). Swansea, Fulham, WBA and Everton put us to shame especially.

Pardew remains, despite his manager of the year award and our fifth place finish, a bit of a joke as a manager. A glorified PR-man and very much part of the Ashley regime. Such a waste of our squad talents, and though some luck has returned today with the three points, would not blame any of our star players to be itching for January.

The petulance probably relates to being a bit sick of football in its present state. It's really quite shit if you think about it. The trophy-winning club is all but a closed shop with a buy-in deposit which prices out all but the insanely wealthy. Below that you have a new emerging tier of owners such as our own who will sell the values and traditions of the game down the river to keep financially healthy (rightly or wrongly, I don't care to comment upon at this moment). The players are bigger arseholes than ever before. The fans are a commodity of the enterprise, treated like dollar signs, rather than the driving force and lifeblood of the game.

It's weird - because I laughed my tits off when I read a post on RTG the other day which was essentially: "football is crap anyway, at least I have my family" - which is equivalent to "I'm taking my ball home".

Embarrassingly though (and it is that), I feel similar today. I also remember laughing at Sunderland's seventh place finishes as being the acme of their wildest possible dreams. In the last decade, and for the foreseeable future - are we/will we be significantly different? Probably not as different as we'd like to think IMO.

Looking at it in financial terms, Pardew's (overly) frequent pressers about the football we play ("fast brand of front-foot football" "fans on the edge of their seats" etc) is not altogether too different from misleading the stakeholders (the fans) of a business. It's very intentional on his part too. This is demonstrable be repeated calls to keep the stadium full.

He lied to Yohan Cabaye about what type of football we'd look to play too. His pursuit of Carroll seems to suggest we're looking to exert additional resources towards an aim (Sam Allardyce football) which is not in line with the aims of stakeholders who invest their money, time and considerably more towards at least - at least - a genuine INTENTION to progress the club towards winning trophies with good football.

All the while, Pardew continues to act as Ashley's man on the ground - the buffer - with the responsibilities of being an affable character, unpartisan towards the board and keeping the crowd revenue coming in of course. Pardew's latest discharge of said duties through a post-match interview completely lacking in integrity and honesty. I would find it quite shameful if I thought he cared a jot for the club. I like him less than ever. Would genuinely prefer Harry Redknapp was in charge. They're both cunts to me, who talk about other teams players and generally don't know when to shut the fuck up, but at least one of them can coach a team to play attractive football. And it isn't our man. Won't happen but still, worth mentioning.

Anyway. Quarter of the way through the season, and this result tees us up nicely to finish in a vastly underwhelming 10th or thereabouts as I predicted at the beginning of the season. Smug is me. :sad: Beyond that lies the sale of Hatem Ben Arfa et al, and the fall away from our 2011/12 apex. It'll be a whole new set of players and a good few years before we're back to such heights again. In a way, I envy Aston Villa.. at least they've hit the nadir of their cycle and are now on the way back up again. We've got a lot of downhill left.

* - hope I feel less bitter about it all in the morning, but this is a forum for venting so a big pre-emptive 'go fuck yourself' to the forum assholes :lol: It was a long journey back so this all stewed quite noxiously until I reached my keyboard :laugh:

“I am really disappointed. We had a few problems in the game with injuries which made it more difficult and we lacked a bit of power on the pitch. We miss Tiote.

I wish I could put my finger on it. We have a side who have already played 17 games and it is proving difficult to get some rhythm going. Away from home we have been solid and dogged, but at home we need to perform better than today. We have only lost four games in those 18, but this hurts.”

:undecided:

“I am really disappointed. We had a few problems in the game with injuries which made it more difficult and we lacked a bit of power on the pitch. We miss Tiote.

I wish I could put my finger on it. We have a side who have already played 17 games and it is proving difficult to get some rhythm going. Away from home we have been solid and dogged, but at home we need to perform better than today. We have only lost four games in those 18, but this hurts.”

I don't know what to say to that, it's mind boggling if true and to be fair, actions seem to suggest that it is true.

I know its normal for the fans to disagree with the manager on certain things, but with better managers they always seem to know what they're doing and more often than not they'll prove us wrong in the long run.

... can't see that happening here.

im freaking scared now, and halloween has already passed, some f*** up s*** this really is from Pardew's quotes.  Harrowing.

I wonder if any of our first team players are pissed off that they contributed to us finishing 5th and are not getting a game in Europe?

I sometimes wonder (only half-joking to myself) if pissing off some players is part of the plan. 

That is a scary quote. Almost every one of us can name the problems.

He makes it sound like he's happy with our "solid and dogged" away form there too.

Err still without a win away Alan (even against three very poor Euro sides) and I reckon whoever does get that 4th Champions League place that we're apparently aiming for will have been able to say they've been more than solid and dogged.

Hate shit like that. Our away support doesn't spend so much and travel so far to watch us battle out draws.