Alan Pardew

Dave

I've seen none of that this season. The players have seen through him and they know he's a bullshitter. He's lost them. 

If that's the case, I wonder when it happened.

How early was it that he came out with the comment about one or two having their heads turned during the summer ? Was it pre-season ?

Think these days players have to believe in the 'whole project', especially good players who can easily move to other clubs. The window was a very negative signal to the players imo as well as them probably beginning to see through what Pards has been selling them to this point. No doubt in my mind one or two were dissapointed they didn't get a move in the summer.

Two things largely out of the managers control that though. If the players are playing this badly because they didn't move away in the summer then that's f***ing pathetic.

However I can go with the fact they may feel aggrieved by our (or lack off) ambition in the transfer window. Sent out all the wrong signals.

Losing the dressing room is one of Pardews calling cards. Happened at 3 out of 4 clubs and the only time it didn't (reportedly) happen is because he resigned.

Pretty rare that it doesn't happen before any manager is sacked tbh, at any club.

They looked the worst I've ever seen them in that spell between the 2nd goal and FT like.

Couldn't string a pass, every player had his head down. They looked dejected, a far cry from that united side that we saw last season. If he hasn't lost them, it's very very close.

You usually see signs of dissent or players ignoring instructions when a manager loses the dressing room, I haven't seen any of it yet. 

Losing the dressing room is one of Pardews calling cards. Happened at 3 out of 4 clubs and the only time it didn't (reportedly) happen is because he resigned.

Pretty rare that it doesn't happen before any manager is sacked tbh, at any club.

That's true. Looking through some of his previous club's forums makes for grim reading though. That bald nutter who owned West Ham called him "a cancer" for example.

That's true. Looking through some of his previous club's forums makes for grim reading though. That bald nutter who owned West Ham called him "a cancer" for example.

:lol:

Bit ott.

Wouldn't exactly trust the opinion of that fella tbh, he was an awful owner

It seems strange though, last season we seemed to have such good team spirit, how did he lose it? Think he prolly p*ssed off Cabaye and HBA with not reinforcing the squad tbh, but still seems odd. The big dressing room figures all seem too sensible (Colo, Saylor, Shola I imagine) to create a poisonous atmosphere...

It seems strange though, last season we seemed to have such good team spirit, how did he lose it? Think he prolly p*ssed off Cabaye and HBA with not reinforcing the squad tbh, but still seems odd. The big dressing room figures all seem too sensible (Colo, Saylor, Shola I imagine) to create a poisonous atmosphere...

He also promised them proper football. ;)

Pardew's made me wish we never qualified for Europe.  If the football wasn't hopeless, tedious and negative enough, he's completely turned what should be a real positive into a massive negative.  This whole season is just shite, football was fairly fun again for 3 seasons and now I'm back to my default "ah well, I'll watch it if I must" attitude.  I haven't even been to a game this season actually, going to Fulham which I'm looking forward to because I enjoy away games and it's been too long, however I doubt that the match will give me a great deal to be proud of.

Philippe Auclair ‏@PhilippeAuclair

Europa League mentioned as reason for NUFC's loss of form. Look at Pardew's European squads, please. Injuries, yes, Europe, no.

Slowly starting to happen...

I'm really starting to doubt that Pardew actually know's what the issues are with the team.

I think that ship sailed a while back mate, he had his chance to progress the football over the summer and did fuck all, it was clear to see within four matches that he wasn't addressing the issues. Funnily enough I fancy him to have a go with the 4-3-3 with Ba wide over the next few weeks, if it doesn't work though I think he'll hide further in his shell and we'll get more and more defensive if we fall into a relegation fight.

I'm really starting to doubt that Pardew actually know's what the issues are with the team.

I think that ship sailed a while back mate, he had his chance to progress the football over the summer and did f*** all, it was clear to see within four matches that he wasn't addressing the issues. Funnily enough I fancy him to have a go with the 4-3-3 with Ba wide over the next few weeks, if it doesn't work though I think he'll hide further in his shell and we'll get more and more defensive if we fall into a relegation fight.

We are already in a relegation fight, especially looking at the fixtures up until the new year

Guest NobbyOhNobby

I think that ship sailed a while back mate, he had his chance to progress the football over the summer and did f*** all, it was clear to see within four matches that he wasn't addressing the issues. Funnily enough I fancy him to have a go with the 4-3-3 with Ba wide over the next few weeks, if it doesn't work though I think he'll hide further in his shell and we'll get more and more defensive if we fall into a relegation fight.

We are already in a relegation fight, especially looking at the fixtures up until the new year

Aye, hard to get optimistic after looking at our fixtures until the new year. I think 6 points from those games is optimistic