Alan Pardew

Dave

"34 crosses and 7 shots on target away from home should get you close to a victory."

Now I like stats myself, sort of rely on them in a way, but I cannot f***ing stand comments like that :lol:

The one from King Shola says "33 crosses away from home and 7 shots on target usually equates to 2 or 3 goals", yours says "34 crosses and 7 shots on target away from home should get you close to a victory."?

Are these quotes from the same sentence but being reported differently, or is he repeating himself and getting his stats wrong?

either way they're both bullshit!  You can put in as many  wank crosses as you like, to players who can't head the ball, and you'll still score fuck all.  You can also dolly shots at the keeper all day long and you'll get the same result.

"34 crosses and 7 shots on target away from home should get you close to a victory."

Now I like stats myself, sort of rely on them in a way, but I cannot fucking stand comments like that :lol:

The one from King Shola says "33 crosses away from home and 7 shots on target usually equates to 2 or 3 goals", yours says "34 crosses and 7 shots on target away from home should get you close to a victory."?

Are these quotes from the same sentence but being reported differently, or is he repeating himself and getting his stats wrong?

I dunno, I wrote it exactly as he said it in his press conference. I must confess to dropping the repetition of "should".

Praise is a strong word even if we played really well second half. But let´s see what happens against QPR. That´s when he really should be shining. You would hope that we would continue to play like we did today, but I will wait until I sees it.

Giving Pardew credit for having this team try for one half in the last 14-16 halfs or so. If anything our 2nd half reaction is something WE SHOULD EXPECT from whatever manager when you're down 2-0.

Don't forget we started well early on.

Deserves credit for one decent 10 minute spell in one first half this season. ;)

Have to hand it to Jon, he has a hell of a positive outlook on life. :lol:

Can just picture him on the sinking Titanic, being dragged down to his certain death, telling everybody in earshot that the first part of the journey was actually quite nice.

Don't forget we started well early on.

Deserves credit for one decent 10 minute spell in one first half this season. ;)

Have to hand it to Jon, he has a hell of a positive outlook on life. :lol:

Can just picture him on the sinking Titanic, being dragged down to his certain death, telling everybody in earshot that the first part of the journey was actually quite nice.

:lol:

Life's to short, you may as well enjoy the fact a bird touched your balls and forget it was a kick in the nuts.

Giving Pardew credit for having this team try for one half in the last 14-16 halfs or so. If anything our 2nd half reaction is something WE SHOULD EXPECT from whatever manager when you're down 2-0.

get back to the pele thread man :lol:

Are you kidding me? I guess you are one of those who have this view on football that being in a relegation battle is fine as long as you play well for like 20 minutes after being down 2-0. I'm not saying we haven't played well today, I just think Pardew has got nothing right in terms of tactics and line-ups for the last 7 games. Anyone praising him for 20 mionutes should have a look at the table and the minutes Jonas has been playing of late.

I like how it's taken Pardew abandoning his entire footballing philosophy for us to produce a good attacking display.

Every morning he should write down his thoughts and then do the opposite in training. Player should listen to what he says and do the exact opposite.

I like how it's taken Pardew abandoning his entire footballing philosophy for us to produce a good attacking display.

Every morning he should write down his thoughts and then do the opposite in training. Player should listen to what he says and do the exact opposite.

Wouldn't those two things cancel each other out?

Wouldn't those two things cancel each other out?

Fuck I got confused. :lol: