Alan Pardew

Dave

Remember we have quite a few muslims in the team.  So I don't think it would have been a go out and get lashed xmas party.

serIously some neanderthals here.

who says they got to get lashed at a xmas party? 

???

I think he was saying exactly that they wouldn't.

Since we're allowed to post fixtures these days, these are ours until the end of February:

December 2012

Newcastle v QPR Sat 22 Dec 15:00

Man Utd v Newcastle Wed 26 Dec 15:00

Arsenal v Newcastle Sat 29 Dec 17:30

January 2013

Newcastle v Everton Wed 2 Jan 20:00

Norwich v Newcastle Sat 12 Jan 15:00

Newcastle v Reading Sat 19 Jan 15:00

Aston Villa v Newcastle Tue 29 Jan 19:45

February 2013

Newcastle v Chelsea Sat 2 Feb 15:00

Tottenham v Newcastle Sat 9 Feb 12:45

Newcastle v Southampton Sat 23 Feb 15:00

I think if I'm being optimistic then perhaps 12 points is achievable given the way things have been going.  If that happens and we have 26 points after 27 games then we'll probably still be in trouble.

I think we've seen an upturn in performances and style of play but it needs to turn into good results sharpish.  I'll start getting really worried if Pardew gets frustrated and reverts back to the 442 hoofball stuff because then I'll think we're really in trouble.  Persevere with this long enough and we should be OK, particularly when we get the likes of Cabaye and Ben Arfa back in the side.

So much will depend upon the availability of Ben Arfa and/or Cabaye. Not so much for the games against the big boys, but the awkward ones like Southampton at home, where they're well-organized and will probably set out to frustrate you a bit. Ben Arfa and Cabaye will be able to break them down, but it's a totally different kettle of fish without them.

Weirdly, I think you will get something out of Arsenal - maybe even a win. QPR is a fascinating game - and frankly I think it's a terrible time to play them. Fellaini will be a massive bonus if he misses your game. I have you beating Arsenal, Reading, Norwich, and drawing with QPR and Everton. Beating Southampton would then make that a relatively decent return, but not great.

Since we're allowed to post fixtures these days, these are ours until the end of February:

December 2012

Newcastle v QPR Sat 22 Dec 15:00

Man Utd v Newcastle Wed 26 Dec 15:00

Arsenal v Newcastle Sat 29 Dec 17:30

January 2013

Newcastle v Everton Wed 2 Jan 20:00

Norwich v Newcastle Sat 12 Jan 15:00

Newcastle v Reading Sat 19 Jan 15:00

Aston Villa v Newcastle Tue 29 Jan 19:45

February 2013

Newcastle v Chelsea Sat 2 Feb 15:00

Tottenham v Newcastle Sat 9 Feb 12:45

Newcastle v Southampton Sat 23 Feb 15:00

I think if I'm being optimistic then perhaps 12 points is achievable given the way things have been going.  If that happens and we have 26 points after 27 games then we'll probably still be in trouble.

I think we've seen an upturn in performances and style of play but it needs to turn into good results sharpish.  I'll start getting really worried if Pardew gets frustrated and reverts back to the 442 hoofball stuff because then I'll think we're really in trouble.  Persevere with this long enough and we should be OK, particularly when we get the likes of Cabaye and Ben Arfa back in the side.

So much will depend upon the availability of Ben Arfa and/or Cabaye. Not so much for the games against the big boys, but the awkward ones like Southampton at home, where they're well-organized and will probably set out to frustrate you a bit. Ben Arfa and Cabaye will be able to break them down, but it's a totally different kettle of fish without them.

Weirdly, I think you will get something out of Arsenal - maybe even a win. QPR is a fascinating game - and frankly I think it's a terrible time to play them. Fellaini will be a massive bonus if he misses your game. I have you beating Arsenal, Reading, Norwich, and drawing with QPR and Everton. Beating Southampton would then make that a relatively decent return, but not great.

beating arsenal, yeh you wish.

I've just read about the Christmas party, some of his comments.  :lol:

“Trust me, there have been horrible things said about our group and our staff, but we’re together.  And we’re fighting and trying to put it right. The fans have to realise this isn’t just a game to us – it’s our livelihoods and our profession. It pays our bills."

“Not only that, we have to have a certain pressure of entertaining our fans who pay good money to come and watch.”

...we have to have a certain pressure of entertaining our fans' date=' who pay good money to come and watch.[/quote']

Here's an idea, Alan, keep the ball on the deck. That'd be a start.

Guest neesy111

I've just read about the Christmas party, some of his comments.  :lol:

“Trust me, there have been horrible things said about our group and our staff, but we’re together.  And we’re fighting and trying to put it right. The fans have to realise this isn’t just a game to us – it’s our livelihoods and our profession. It pays our bills."

“Not only that, we have to have a certain pressure of entertaining our fans who pay good money to come and watch.”

Least it isn't the Souness my family is more important quote.

Oh aye. Justifying himself stealing money from the club in contrast to truly honourable bloke like Gullit.

He didn't have to justify anything, we were daft enough to give him a contract which we had to pay up.

Oh aye. Justifying himself stealing money from the club in contrast to truly honourable bloke like Gullit.

Shexy Football, still haunts me now.  :blush:

Can remember my best mate being too cheap to buy a Gullit wig so bought a mop end and dyed it black, only it came out blue and ran all over his top.  :lol:

He didn't have to justify anything, we were daft enough to give him a contract which we had to pay up.

He was trying to defend the ludicrous image he has of himself as a proper man in an improper time. Utter bullshit - and he proved it by not walking away.

Shexy Football, still haunts me now.  :blush:

Can remember my best mate being too cheap to buy a Gullit wig so bought a mop end and dyed it black, only it came out blue and ran all over his top.  :lol:

:lol:

He was trying to defend the ludicrous image he has of himself as a proper man in an improper time. Utter bullshit - and he proved it by not walking away.

I hate defending Souness but he had every right to do what most people would do in his position.  Gullit was almost a one off, I can't remember too many people in his position doing what he did.

Guest neesy111

Gullit is one of the few previous managers that wasn't interested in the money when the time had come to leave, which means I have more time for him than others.