Alan Pardew

Dave

He should be on the dole by next weekend unless we pick up 3 points against QPR.

Yes. He'll get away with it though.

If we lose every game till jan I think the board will panic and might do something stupid like sign some players.

Draw is the worst result IMO.

Have no confidence what so ever in him anymore. The Tiote sub was correct today, he was horrendous and we needed Marveaux's creativity. However, Marveaux should have been starting in Jonas' place. We're not even a tiny threat from set pieces anymore and he point blank lies when he says he's trying other things. Also felt he could have finally dropped Williamson today for Perch and if he insists on Jonas playing put him into the midfield. Was baffled as to why he subbed Simpson for Ferguson which made Santon move onto what I believe is his weaker side right footed or not. Lose next week and he should lose his job no doubt about it.

Time to start giving Mr Ashley the pokey bumwanks again Alan, it's nearly January and we need to spend.

whats the fucking point, we all know fuck all will happen until the last week of Jan.  All that so called brinkmanship and bollocks ,  and then it will be too late and we end with one signing if lucky.

Guest malandro

He can't count either. The halfway point of the season is not the end of January.

When he talks about having a rough patch I wonder if he has forgot that the huge slices of good luck we had against Everton, Reading and West Brom are all that have stopped us being second bottom.

I think like many supporters I have been reduced to accepting mediocrity over the past 5/6 seasons.

We would be foolish to dismiss relegation fears but I believe we will finish mid table and hopefully we can extend our cup run. We have given Pardew an 8 year deal, I am happy to follow Evertons lead with Moyes and let Pardew stay. It is the first bump on a pretty smooth road which has got people hysterical.

He does, however, make some horrendous decisions and we have been woeful mainly attacking but also defending this season. We all knew Pardew wasn't the greatest choice as manager but we also know Ashley could give two fucks about what we think. I think I am just resigned to keeping a manager in the hopes of slowly building over the next 4/5 years.

Regardless of people's views on him in the Internet world, it's clear from the match today that the fans still have faith in him.

Lots of chants of "Alan Pardew's black and white army", even at 3-1 down.

A lot of people around me were blaming our current form on Ashley aswell.

There is definitely an interesting difference between an active user of Facebook, Twitter, forums etc than your average 30+ match goer.

Not saying either person is right in particular...

I heard him mentioned once and even then it was a lot quieter than what it's been like before.

I sit just next to the strawberry corner in the eat stand. There were a good 9 or 10 occasions where that chant was being sung, as well as "when we get to Europe...".

Granted it might not have been as loud as before, but still sizeable. Plenty of people are still behind him.

I'm at the other end of the ground so that might explain why I only heard it once if it was 9 or 10 times.  Still, I've heard it a lot more and louder before today.

Like today I can accept loosing to city when we play atleast some sort of exciting football that is neat to watch. If we carry on like this instead of that slump we were going earlier in the season I can see us pick up alot more points and get above midtable. Ambitions are certainly lowered, but top10 should be reachable.

Guest Wally_McFool

I think like many supporters I have been reduced to accepting mediocrity over the past 5/6 50 or 60 seasons.

:snod:

Guest bimpy474

I would be all for getting rid of him if I wasn't convinced the alternative would be someone like Joe Royle.

Jim Royle probably wouldn't be that bad at this point.

"My Arse"