Alan Pardew

Dave

Some fans on here are so fickle!  A season is a marathon, not a sprint and you make improvements over several seasons.  Look at Moyes at Everton, he's had some shit periods and some great.  Pardew didn't get the backing he needed in the summer window.  We have a paper thin squad playing in UEFA cup.

Positives from today:

- clean sheet (very important)

- QPR didn't create anything

- Marv, Shola and Ober gave us what we needed, fresh legs with energy.

Negatives:

- just read this board, plenty of shit to go around

You were scraping the barrel after one positive :lol:

I think Marveaux's got a bit of Martinsitis on this board. He's being heralded as the missing link simply because he's always out of the team. However, today you're absolutely right - he should definitely be in the team for games like that.

:thup:

He's done enough to deserve a fair crack, but agree, there are no guarantees he will be able to deliver week-in, week-out against opposition that aren't QPR or 10-man Wigan. In terms of style though, he is the closest we have to a HBA/Cabaye back-up. Makes no sense not to play him in games we're trying to win.

Guest malandro

Goal difference aside we're a win away from the top half. Just shows how tight the league still is.

Currently five points.

Points are only a reflection of form and to move into the top half our form has to be significantly better than the teams above us to make up five points - and there's no signs that is going to happen anytime soon. 

Lee Shyster saying on twitter that he looked incredibly relieved on the pitch after the final whistle. If he lost this (along with the inevitable of the next 3 games) then I think he knows he'd probably be out.

It sounds ridiculous, but I don't know what it will take for the majority of our support to recognise how bad we are and that it is all down to him. Saying that, fair play to the crowd for sticking with the team- it's not easy when you have to watch that dross.

Goal difference aside we're a win away from the top half. Just shows how tight the league still is.

Currently five points.

Points are only a reflection of form and to move into the top half our form has to be significantly better than the teams above us to make up five points - and there's no signs that is going to happen anytime soon. 

We're three points behind 10th place Swansea.

I think Marveaux's got a bit of Martinsitis on this board. He's being heralded as the missing link simply because he's always out of the team. However, today you're absolutely right - he should definitely be in the team for games like that.

He's done enough to deserve a fair crack, but agree, there are no guarantees he will be able to deliver week-in, week-out against opposition that aren't QPR or 10-man Wigan. In terms of style though, he is the closest we have to a HBA/Cabaye back-up. Makes no sense not to play him in games we're trying to win.

How do you know he won't be able to consistently deliver? :lol: He's barely been given a chance, like. He seemed to look the part last week against Man City. He cant be any less consistent or laboured than Tiote!

It was like this last year, and the year before too. Not sure if it's always been the trend, but I remember thinking in our first year back all we needed was a few results in a row and we would've been battling for Europe.

Guest bimpy474

Currently five points.

And if you look at the league, if only we had won the other easier home games......:(

Currently five points.

And if you look at the league, if only we had won the other easier home games......:(

Consecutive batterings by Man U and Arsenal should fix this.

Guest malandro

Currently five points.

If Liverpool win (which they currently are) Swansea drop to 11th and Norwich will be tenth with 25 points.

How do you know he won't be able to consistently deliver? :lol: He's barely been given a chance, like. He seemed to look the part last week against Man City. He cant be any less consistent or laboured than Tiote!

I don't?

Think you may have misread my post. I want him to start and he's shown good potential, but I don't think his inclusion will be a panacea for us. He remains largely unproven, and I don't mean that as an insult, I mean it in a very matter-of-fact way! :) Hoping for the best though.

Also, Tiote has been really good the last couple of games IMO.

Guest bimpy474

Currently five points.

Consecutive batterings by Man U and Arsenal should fix this.

I'm trying not to think about it :(

Honestly that's a fucking disgraceful and worrying comment. If he actually believes that (which i reckon he does), we will not improve and it'll be a relegation battle all season long. The guy has lost the plot.

Currently five points.

If Liverpool win (which they currently are) Swansea drop to 11th and Norwich will be tenth with 25 points.

I'm on about right now, not looking into the future. Not sure what your point is.