Alan Pardew

Dave

Even if in the last 6 defeats we'd won one and drawn one...it'd have been lousy still but we'd only be 6 points off 4th. :lol:

In the real world we didn't get those points and we're 10 points (50% of our points total) off fourth, you really do live up to your forum username.  :lol:

This "Pardew finished 5th" malarky needs to stop.

Carr assembled us an excellent team, and we finished 5th despite Pardew, not because of him. His part in putting that team together was next to none, and although he's a good spokesman and says all the right things and comes over as very articulate, he hasn't got the faintest idea on how to put together an attacking side that has any flair or can play lesser teams off the park.

We defend doggedly, but once we get the ball we're just not set up to exploit teams or create chances.

Carr assembled us an excellent team, and we finished 5th despite Pardew, not because of him. His part in putting that team together was next to none, and although he's a good spokesman and says all the right things and comes over as very articulate, he hasn't got the faintest idea on how to put together an attacking side that has any flair or can play lesser teams off the park.

We defend doggedly, but once we get the ball we're just not set up to exploit teams or create chances.

I'm far from his biggest fan right now, but that's just silly. :lol:

This 'a manager has no influence on the team (until we start losing)' malarky needs to stop.

I've said it before and I said it again, removing any credit for last season from Pardew is completely ridiculous, maybe he fluked on the right decisions, maybe he should have made some much earlier than he did, but he was still our manager for a season we overachieved based on both expectations and investment and he can't be totally removed from that. His flaws are much more evident this season when he can't deal with injuries to crucial players, more games to play and his conservatism has got the better of him, but I don't like this revisionism about last season.