Alan Pardew

Dave

This "Pardew finished 5th" malarky needs to stop.

Carr assembled us an excellent team, and we finished 5th despite Pardew, not because of him. His part in putting that team together was next to none, and although he's a good spokesman and says all the right things and comes over as very articulate, he hasn't got the faintest idea on how to put together an attacking side that has any flair or can play lesser teams off the park.

We defend doggedly, but once we get the ball we're just not set up to exploit teams or create chances.

What a berk.

I think anyone managing in any business would struggle if they had thier workload increased by 33%  and not given the man power to deal with it.

At the beginning of this season he thought that we were good enough to challenge for the CL with what we had.  On the manpower, he admitted he was partly to blame.

I think anyone managing in any business would struggle if they had thier workload increased by 33%  and not given the man power to deal with it.

At the beginning of this season he thought that we were good enough to challenge for the CL with what we had.  On the manpower, he admitted he was partly to blame.

What was he meant to say ?

One of his latest excuses is "The squad was probably too small. We broke the team up in those Europa League games, which probably took some momentum away."

Its fair enough, he could not play his first choice 11 i every game, the squad is to small we all knew it but that is not down to Pards he will take the blame as its his job but I am sure he wanted more players was just not given them.

Its fair enough, he could not play his first choice 11 i every game, the squad is to small we all knew it but that is not down to Pards he will take the blame as its his job but I am sure he wanted more players was just not given them.

It's not fair enough, he's complained that Europe has the players tired because they play twice a week and he's also claiming that he's broken the team up.  He can't have it both ways.  The players are either playing, which few of them are as we make so many changes for Europe, or they aren't playing and therefore not tired.

It's not fair enough, he's complained that Europe has the players tired because they play twice a week and he's also claiming that he's broken the team up.  He can't have it both ways.  The players are either playing, which few of them are as we make so many changes for Europe, or they aren't playing and therefore not tired.

thats a pretty simplistic way to look at it, and dismiss all the other factors like travel, disruption to training etc.

thats a pretty simplistic way to look at it, and dismiss all the other factors like travel, disruption to training etc.

Travel, we played at home as often as we played away and two of the away trips resulted in flights of 2 hours or less.  The disruption to training should be minimal if he re-schedules days off.

Before Pardew arrived we played in Europe and didn't use it as an excuse, we managed the situations instead of looking to use it as a way of deflecting the attention away from poor performance.

We’ve rarely had a massive squad of quality and we’ve had seasons with as many games as this in the past without looking for excuses.  We’ve been hearing since September or October that the players are tired and it’s more of the same bullshit.

I think people have decided they are not happy with Pardew for his tactical decisions and style of play, which they are entitled to, maybe justifiably. 

They are disregarding genuine difficulties he has because of this.

I believe the bad form this season, has a lot to do with the extra burdon of the Europa, and the side show of Demba Ba calling the shots.added to that injuries to many of the better plasyers, I think Pardew is stuck in a difficult position by the clubs ownership and is trying to make the best of it.

I think people have decided they are not happy with Pardew for his tactical decisions and style of play, which they are entitled to, maybe justifiably. 

I believe the bad form this season, has a lot to do with the extra burdon of the Europa, and the side show of Demba Ba calling the shots.added to that injuries to many of the better plasyers, I think Pardew is stuck in a difficult position by the clubs ownership and is trying to make the best of it.

That's a fair enough assessment. There are plenty of things that aren't right and the management is just one of then.

I find it annoying that some of the same people that defended the lack of investment are now defending Pardew though. Can't have it both ways.

The problem for me is the two sets of issues are not connected. Tactical decisions and style of play shouldn't be changed because of Europe, Ba and injuries. We don't have a team to play long ball with everyone fit let alone with some missing. And I don't get why we have ended up playing more long balls than any other side because of Europe, Ba and injuries.

That's a fair enough assessment. There are plenty of things that aren't right and the management is just one of then.

I find it annoying that some of the same people that defended the lack of investment are now defending Pardew though. Can't have it both ways.

Were people defending a lack of investment or stating that there may have been good enough reasons for not spending the money and retaining what we have?  AS it happens, we seemed to have fucked about and gambled in the summer.

Yeah we're only 3 points off West Ham who have been having a "good" season. Things can turn around very quickly the way the league is

West Ham won the playoffs last season, of course they're having a 'good season'. Their ambition this season was to stay up not 'finish in the top 4' like ours. Absolutely incomparable.

Totally agree with Sewelly and others that we need some fresh ideas on the training field, a new coach isn't going to anything other than add to the club - it seems a no brainer to me. Not sure who'd be available but didn't Pardew used to work with that twat Wally Downes who's just left someone?

Guest bimpy474

The problem for me is the two sets of issues are not connected. Tactical decisions and style of play shouldn't be changed because of Europe, Ba and injuries. We don't have a team to play long ball with everyone fit let alone with some missing. And I don't get why we have ended up playing more long balls than any other side because of Europe, Ba and injuries.

Absolutely spot on, plus lack of signings also has nothing to do with Pardew deciding to play hoofball. He plays it because he is an average manager without an ounce of imagination as our pathetic corners and free kicks testify to.

Guest neesy111

He'd probably want paying though.

This is exactly what's wrong with football these days.

Exactly.  Who wants paying for their expertise these days....