Alan Pardew

Dave

Sammy didn't score. :lol:  That's not an argument. All in all he contributed zilch whilst Cisse was controlling the ball and retaining possession all game; exactly what we needed in that last 15 minutes where our defense was incrementally falling to pieces.

It wasn't a 'pants' decision at all. Sammy's shot trickles about four inches the other side and there's nee way you'd have said that. Fine margins.

I probably would have left Cisse on after his goal FWIW but Sammy did fine.

It didn't! :lol:

Shola was the dafter decision, we just went back to booting it long and gifting back possession when we'd spent the previous seventy minutes passing it exceptionally well. Why is that our stock tactic of trying to hold onto a lead?

Has to be given credit for our approach to the game though, crazy that it took so long for us to be going out with a central three regularly.

Guest bimpy474

Shola was the dafter decision, we just went back to booting it long and gifting back possession when we'd spent the previous seventy minutes passing it exceptionally well. Why is that our stock tactic of trying to hold onto a lead?

Has to be given credit for our approach to the game though, crazy that it took so long for us to be going out with a central three regularly.

Absofuckinlutely on toast.

That too, was very annoying.

To say he cocked it up in the last twenty minutes makes it sound like i'm getting on his back for the sake of it. But that is what i think. You can't blame him for having to play the likes of Williamson, but his later decisions only added pressure imo.

Is that all you've got to say, then? No credit for Pardew, let's just focus on the negatives. :lol: EDIT: backed up by the posts above me

Shame nee f***er bought you Prozac for Christmas.

He did well today by having a go at them and I think taking our best forwards off was a mistake.

We've had the performances to be about 6-7 points better off since Stoke away imo. The signs are there since then that things will improve.

For sure.

What got us results last year was a sound defense.  Things are not going to improve till we get a decent CB - game after game we're letting in sloppy goals.

We've had the performances to be about 6-7 points better off since Stoke away imo. The signs are there since then that things will improve.

For sure.

What got us results last year was a sound defense.  Things are not going to improve till we get a decent CB - game after game we're letting in sloppy goals.

What got us results last year was taking pressure off a barely sound defense. We did that for 70 minutes today.

Spot on today except for the Shola/Ba sub. Ba was causing trouble despite not nabbing a goal, and Shola just reverted to his customary hangover from a great performance last time out.

Wish we'd set up with the same preparedness and urgency against smaller teams. We always give the big guns a go but do not profit from them, while we look clueless against teams like QPR.

I've wanted him gone for ages, maybe the Jonas injury forced his hand today, but i can't have any complaints about Pardew today, well done i say. Now keep having the same fucking positive approach to our games, if there's a chance for Pardew to turn it around the positive approach is the way to go, if not it'll just be a damn waste of time. Got it right today imo.

Seriously needs to show some fucking backbone and tell the despicable cunts in charge that we need a quality centre half and full back ready to make their debuts against Everton.

We knowingly gave up on half a season to save a few quid, honestly, what utter scum they are.

Wish we'd set up with the same preparedness and urgency against smaller teams. We always give the big guns a go but do not profit from them, while we look clueless against teams like QPR.

Pretty much sums us up to be  honest, which is why most of the so-called 'winnable' matches in the past two months have turned into minus figures in the goal-difference column rather that points on the board.  Still expecting a raping at Arsenal on Saturday though.

Think we've been fairly good since Southampton away. At least as good as in the equivalent games last season, if not better:

Stoke (a)

Last season was one of our best performances, won 3-1. This year we didn't play as well but Stoke hadn't had a shot on target until the last 10 mins. Should have got 3 points, instead got none.

Better performance last season.

Wigan (h)

Took until the last 10 mins for Cabaye to curl it into the corner from outside the box for a 1-0 win. I remember thinking that if Rodallega had been able to hit a barn door we probably wouldn't have got all the points. This year we carved them open inside 10 mins - red card and penalty making the rest of the game very straightforward.

Better performance this season

Fulham (a)

Total capitulation last year. At times it wasn't great this year either, but still an improvement. Although the side we faced probably wasn't as good either.

Better performance this season

Man City (h)

Same margin of defeat. We probably threatened them more this year, however I thought City were imperious last year. I'd say we were better last season.

Better performance last season.

QPR (h)

I'd say both sides actually gave a better account of themselves this year. I remember thinking that you would never know the aim of the game was to score a goal by watching the last half hour last year. Shola got the winner this year with a strike very similar to Best's winner in January.

Slightly better this season.

Man United (a)

3 goals and hitting the woodwork twice is some effort at Old Trafford. Didn't get a point though, and unlike last year we had 11 men for the duration. You could point to our failure to defend properly this year as well. Hernandez put the ball in the net in stoppage time last year and was ruled offside, this year he did the same and was onside.

Could argue it either way but I'd say we were better this year.

Bearing in mind we sold Best and Guthrie and only brought in Anita for the 1st team, and we haven't had Cabaye or Taylor available for any of the last 6 games, and have only had HBA for one of them, I'd say I'm happy with what Pardew is getting from the players in terms of performances at the moment.

People on here go on as if there is a great deal more to come from the players currently available, but aside from improving at set pieces I just don't see it, and have never seen it. There's very little between what he is producing now and what he produced to win Manager of the season.

If he gets 3 points v Everton (which will be tougher game than last season) then I will be satisfied that he has turned it around from the performances v Southampton and West Ham, which obviously weren't acceptable.