Alan Pardew

Dave

No, people just need to take the comments with a pinch of salt and see them for what they are :lol:

and what are they then?

A confidence boost to our only other striker.

Shola looks much better in games against Sunderland, that's because he has a good record there and everyone wanks over him. He had one of his best spells under Roeder when we needed to give him a run of games and he knew he wouldn't instantly be hoyed out of the side.

He has spent his whole career knowing he is second choice and as soon as someone gets fit again he is straight back on the bench. If Cisse gets crocked before (if) we sign a replacement then we are relying solely on Shola :lol:

Is it any shock the manager is bigging him up in public?

Shola didn't actually play half as badly as people on here make out.

He was a solitary number 9 who offered no threat towards the Everton goal all game. His only use is bringing down long balls and shielding it from defenders high up the pitch, a trait that is completely useless when our other striker is on the wing.

Shola didn't actually play half as badly as people on here make out.

He was a solitary number 9 who offered no threat towards the Everton goal all game. His only use is bringing down long balls and shielding it from defenders high up the pitch, a trait that is completely useless when our other striker is on the wing.

Not quite sure what you were expecting from him to be honest.. I am not Shola's biggest fan and I certainly think that Pardew made a huge error in starting him, but I thought he played ok.  He held the ball up well and brought other players into the game.  He created that chance for himself when he brought the ball down and flicked the ball just wide of the post.  Our goal was created directly as a result of his physical presence and he defended well from Everton's set plays.  Yeah, he wasn't brilliant (he never is), but his performance was nowhere near as bad as people are making out.

Not quite sure what you were expecting from him to be honest.. I am not Shola's biggest fan and I certainly think that Pardew made a huge error in starting him, but I thought he played ok.  He held the ball up well and brought other players into the game.  He created that chance for himself when he brought the ball down and flicked the ball just wide of the post.  Our goal was created directly as a result of his physical presence and he defended well from Everton's set plays.  Yeah, he wasn't brilliant (he never is), but his performance was nowhere near as bad as people are making out.

He was garbage and I would have said the same if he played like that for a pub team, never mind a Premiership team.

I agree with the majority of this article, maybe not the bit about Debuchy be solution to all our problems, but a good read overall :thup:

I don't think he was answering the question about the long balls this season when he was talking about Debuchy, that's probably just some creative editing. Shame we don't have any real quotes about why we have played long ball so much, that would have given some actual insight.

Guest Dontooner

outplayed well again, got no shape no tactics just hope the players do him a favour....the team needs help. Santon has been overplayed the lad looks tired give him a rest..

Guest Dontooner

Can we seriously consider sacking this fraud...it is painted in the skies how his teams do in his second season

Time to go. It's not just the results, it's the fact that we don't even look capable of winning a game.

We've had bad luck with injuries this season, granted, but even before the players got injured we looked a fucking shambles.

Enough is enough!

What is he writing on that bloody notepad? Bullshit to praise Shola on post-match?

"Well he provided an aerial threat, he's a triffic player that Shola. Core to the team"

What were people honestly expecting with this side out?

I'm judging him after the next 3 league games when he's got a proper side out. If it's the same old shit after those games and we're still in the mire then yes I'll probably be in the ""he's lost it completely" camp

What a fucking coward this man is as a manager. To watch a club that finished 5th, being completely outplayed by a midtable championship side, is a fucking disgrace. Hes been at the club over two years now and we still have no style or no movement. Its fucking dire!

What is he writing on that bloody notepad? Bullshit to praise Shola on post-match?

"Well he provided an aerial threat, he's a triffic player that Shola. Core to the team"

perch should never have gone over for that ball.... and Williamson... nuff said.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Row - Seat Number of every lass he spots in the crowd.

Guest neesy111

What were people honestly expecting with this side out?

I'm judging him after the next 3 league games when he's got a proper side out. If it's the same old shit after those games and we're still in the mire then yes I'll probably be in the ""he's lost it completely" camp

Look at the setup 4-5-1 not to get beat rubbish as usual, no urgency nothing.  The manger is paid to motivate the players etc and its shambles all over.