Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest Dontooner

The Players will probably play better uninstructed by Pardew.

We have a group of attacking players, that need to protect the back four constantly.

Just have a case of the mismatched set of players under the wrong manager.

Pardew tactics is suited to more direct and powerful players

And our players are more suited to passing and movement football, which breaks teams down through finding space.

Still hopes the board sacks him and get someone in that focus on the attributes of our key players.

I think it's a bit daft to expect football from this team at the moment. We need to survive first and foremost, then maybe next year we can look at coaching the side to play flowing football. Best to go with what we know for the moment, and that's sit deep and hope we get a break at the other end.

But this type of football is not what the players know. It's completely antithetical to everything the likes of Cisse, Cabaye, Marveaux and Anita have ever been taught.

If one of them could actually make the runs we need we might look at little bit better. The 3 of them are far too similar, and all have the same weakness.

I think it's a bit daft to expect football from this team at the moment. We need to survive first and foremost, then maybe next year we can look at coaching the side to play flowing football. Best to go with what we know for the moment, and that's sit deep and hope we get a break at the other end.

But this type of football is not what the players know. It's completely antithetical to everything the likes of Cisse, Cabaye, Marveaux and Anita have ever been taught.

It's what they've got used to here.

Can only assume it was deliberate not to commit too many midfielders forward. And we ended up with a draw, so it wasn't an awful idea.

FWIW we didn't hoof the ball to Cisse that much at all. But sometimes the ball is at Mike Williamson's feet and the inevitable will happen.

Completely disagree.

Same, anita whacked it at him, cabaye did it too.

Yup. Buckets of hoof today.

And I'm nearly certain that Anita has been instructed to stop playing so many short passes :lol: he hit it long to Cisse numerous times today and we all know that's not his nature

Look at the f***ing table man, jesus.

We can move forward, at least we've stopped losing and have something to work with.  I think we'll win our next 2 games as long as we can keep Coloccini.

Look at the f***ing table man, jesus.

We can move forward, at least we've stopped losing and have something to work with.  I think we'll win our next 2 games as long as we can keep Coloccini.

Hmm, I'm not sure we'll win them. The table looks awful though, we're definitively in the bottom group now, it's not even lingering mid/bottom half anymore.

Guest Dontooner

If one of them could actually make the runs we need we might look at little bit better. The 3 of them are far too similar, and all have the same weakness.

There is a difference between players that can keep the ball well and have a attacking intent

to players that can dribble the ball and create space.

Think  Marveaux,Obertan, Santon and Ben Arfa are more similar players. ( They can do what they need without instructions since by instinct they can penetrate)

However those that need more instructions and routines like Cabaye,Anita, Tiote will probably look quite average in our Team than in their National teams.

We just got no tactics and setup going forward, our set pieces are proof. 

Hmm, I'm not sure we'll win them. The table looks awful though, we're definitively in the bottom group now, it's not even lingering mid/bottom half anymore.

I know the table looks rotten but we've reversed a massive slide today and I'm over the moon with that.  We're not going to go from being utterly shite to even average from one game to the next without replacing the manager so we need to be patient.

Guest Dontooner

I know the table looks rotten but we've reversed a massive slide today and I'm over the moon with that.  We're not going to go from being utterly s**** to even average from one game to the next without replacing the manager so we need to be patient.

Wonder where the optimism is coming from, personally i dont see any improvement on Pardew's Part. The lack of ideas going forward was always his weakness, the lack of cohesion in team play was his weakness...making the team hard to beat was his only merit (in terms of tactics). We are just reverting, would we play better and start climbing the table? Honestly i see no signs of that in the last 17 matches..

I know the table looks rotten but we've reversed a massive slide today and I'm over the moon with that.  We're not going to go from being utterly s**** to even average from one game to the next without replacing the manager so we need to be patient.

Wonder where the optimism is coming from, personally i dont see any improvement on Pardew's Part. The lack of ideas going forward was always his weakness, the lack of cohesion in team play was his weakness...making the team hard to beat was his only merit (in terms of tactics). We are just reverting, would be play better and start climbing the table? Honestly i see no signs of that in the last 17 matches..

Well, at least we're back to being somewhat resilient defensively now, thanks to Jonas being in the team again. Everything depends on next week now - have we really bottomed out or are we going to be relegated this season?

Pardew on SSN:

Couldn't fault application

Showed spirit in no uncertain terms

We have momentum now

Goalie was terrific

tough place to come

performed well

Debuchy rocky first 10 minutes

Where isn't when you're Alan Pardew?

Guest Dontooner

Wonder where the optimism is coming from, personally i dont see any improvement on Pardew's Part. The lack of ideas going forward was always his weakness, the lack of cohesion in team play was his weakness...making the team hard to beat was his only merit (in terms of tactics). We are just reverting, would be play better and start climbing the table? Honestly i see no signs of that in the last 17 matches..

Well, at least we're back to being somewhat resilient defensively now, thanks to Jonas being in the team again. Everything depends on next week now - have we really bottomed out or are we going to be relegated this season?

The problems with relegation form teams are not they cannot scrap draws...The Problem is they can't seem to get a win.

We look like a team that cant get a win(without Ben Arfa), the fact is also we have less matches and less weak oppositions so as long as our bad form keeps running.

With out a proper style of play, we are direly relying on the form of players...

With out a proper style of play we can win 1 and loose 5 easily as well. Since we are relying on form , its going to be dangerous tbh. IMo A fit Ben Arfa will save our season.

Guest bimpy474

God i hate him.

:lol: dunno why this stood out to me but just simple and to the point.

I might add, not as a person but just a football manager. Its not even the waffle and his ego that get to me that much.

Its simply the awful football and my own hatred of long ball.