Alan Pardew

Dave

I pray to God that Mrs Bimpy is alseep when i go to bed, for if i feel her sweet acid breath upon the back of my neck, her stomach wobbling in the small of my back, and when she reaches over with her Pat Jennings sized hoofs.

Its f***ing terrifying.

Nothing funnier than a complete random Mrs Bimpy tirade. :lol:

McCarthy isn't out of work, he is manager of Ipswich Town.

There you go then, move him to the able to entice category then. See Sven and Strachan just got new gigs too, so there's two more. I forgot Shearer on that list, but hardly likely after his last attempt. Does anyone have a realistic and good replacement in mind ?

Di Matteo. Not a fan, but reckon he would keep us up at least. Whether he is realistic or not with Ashley in charge is highly debatable..

Lying in bed last night, I imagined a world where we had sacked Pards and were looking for a new manager. Dear me that world looked bleak, not saying that's an excuse to keep pardew because if we don't get 6 points from the next 2 games, I think we are as good as down with him in charge. But who's out there looking for a job, who could we entice from a "smaller" club, bloody hell it's bad. Not sure if a 4 month relegation fight is a good environment for someone new to the the Britain to come into so I've restricted this list to purely British experienced managers:

Out of Work:

Mark Hughes, Curbs, Dennis Wise (lol), Graeme Souness (double lol), Mick McMackem (triple lol), Owen Coyle

Able to entice:

Gus Poyet, Steve McLaren, Steve Bruce (everlasting lol), I honestly don't see anyone else

Possibly entice:

Michael Laudrup (half a season only, but could be a good one),  Neil Lennon (bit of a jumpy jack, not popular around these parts, debatable ability and why would he leave Celtic), Martinez (Ashley's mate there would never let him leave for us, not sure enough time for him to implant his way of playing, could get his own team relegated and one of the few teams that look worse than us).

I'm sure I've missed a few, feel free to add your hopes for who will replace him. In the end we may just need anyone, much like Roeder when Souness was working his magic, was able to turn our talented team around but it's pretty bleak out there.

Posted this at the end of November in the Pards out thread. I still can't see anything wrong with it:

Zico just quit as coach of Iraq.

He'd be awesome I reckon, but like previous posts have said, he'd have to be happy working with MA and, more likely than not, the current group of coaching/backroom staff.

From his wiki page (relating to when Keegan walked):

On 8 September 2008, Zico revealed that he would be interested taking over the vacant managers position at Newcastle United following the resignation of Kevin Keegan. He is quoted saying "The Newcastle job is one that I would be very interested in taking. It would be a privilege and an honour, I've always wanted to experience the Premier League as I believe I could enjoy much success coaching in England." He also commented that he isn't bothered about the structure of the board at Newcastle United, "I am used to working alongside technical directors so this isn't an issue for me. It's normal for me to work in those conditions."

Don't think he had a very good time at Olympiacos, getting sacked after threats of violence from fans (just taken from the wiki article). Not sure of the details on that one. The article also suggests that he is sporting director of Flamengo, although I think that might not be true...?

<edit: he quit that role after 4 months - GREEN LIGHT MIKE>

Anyway, I can but dream.

Lying in bed last night, I imagined a world where we had sacked Pards and were looking for a new manager.

Your bird must be rougher than Mrs Bimpy.

LOL, she's pregnant so always fast asleep by the time I get into bed.

A few months ago you were shagging her and thinking of a champs league challenge (you know in that bit when you've finished, she hasn't and it all gets a bit perfunctory).  How things change.  You're now having a crafty tug and contemplating a trip to Tranmere

Lying in bed last night, I imagined a world where we had sacked Pards and were looking for a new manager.

Your bird must be rougher than Mrs Bimpy.

LOL, she's pregnant so always fast asleep by the time I get into bed.

A few months ago you were shagging her and thinking of a champs league challenge (you know in that bit when you've finished, she hasn't and it all gets a bit perfunctory).  How things change.  You're now having a crafty tug and contemplating a trip to Tranmere

LOL so true

Guest Dontooner

We better had someone line up after the Reading game...or we are in deep shit if we were to look to buy players without a Manager at the club.

Watching the Blackpool game according to Twitter. (If he is there) Maybe watching Ince?

Matt Philips maybe?

I was hoping that, really rate him.

Yeah, i like him a lot.  The hype around him seems to have died off since Thomas Ince started ripping it up but he's always looked dangerous whenever i've seen him - goals, assists, pace (basically everything we lack when Hatem isn't playing)