Alan Pardew

Dave

I wish transfers were as easy to complete as some people on here think they are.

more transparent aswell. some seem to be of the attitude that we should have got debuchy in the summer and not to was pure penny pinching while not having a clue (myself included) of the figures involved.

Guest malandro

Expectations continue to be lowered I see.

the main expectation i had was to continue playing to our strengths, that went by the by.

And what are our strengths?

the main exapectation i had was to continue playing to our strengths, that went by the by.

We have the most Sports Direct tapaulin than anyone else?

Guest malandro

the main expectation i had was to continue playing to our strengths, that went by the by.

4-3-3, defending as a unit, movement.

433 is a formation not a strength.

Only three teams have conceded more goals than NUFC this season.

Hoof.

4-3-3, defending as a unit, movement.

433 is a formation not a strength.

Only three teams have conceded more goals than NUFC this season.

Hoof.

oh i agree, see point 2, defending as a unit instead of two static, rigid banks of 4 and the lack of movement which gives little choice but to 'hoof'. as i've said we haven't played to our strengths.

Well then, if we haven't brought anybody in at the end of the window, I'll have a very heavy whinge.

I'm not that far behind the optimists like Ian W on here over some things but if this scenario develops do you think you'd come to the conclusion that the people running the club haven't got a clue what they're doing chancing it like this?

For me to conclude they really haven't got a clue I'd have to see evidence that they really had totally screwed up due to recklessness. If they work hard to get their targets, there's evidence of bids going in / being accepted but things just don't work out, I'd have some sympathy because that can always happen if you have any kind of transfer policy / wage structure whatsoever. If they really do drop a bollock I'll be the first to point it out, I just don't think they've dropped a big one yet and we're at a point where speculation is a bit futile. I'm certainly not determined to let them off the hook but why complain about investment in the midst of all these transfer bids? It's just daft

that was not strengthening the first team over the summer

Guest tollemache

Disagree. Anyone with limited wealth and a remotely sensible approach can have a bad transfer window. To have two in a row would raise my eyebrow but the fact we brought in Debuchy so quickly in this window suggests the board were quite aware of that and moved to make sure it wouldn't happen

More like 10 days to look for a Manager. I would officially give up on this board if we still keep this monkey in place when we lose.

The monkey is only there because he plays the piper's tune. I know he's a good friend of Mike and Dekka's but you'd think they could find a cheap and cheerful alternative who could use the available ingredients better.

I wish transfers were as easy to complete as some people on here think they are.

On deadline day they appear to be. Why is any other day any different?

QPR managed to start and finish the Remy deal in the space of about 24 hours didn't they?

QPR managed to start and finish the Remy deal in the space of about 24 hours didn't they?

He'd spoken to Redknapp when he was Spurs manager so already knew what he was about.

We'd had an offer accepted so they knew what fee to offer to have theirs accepted also, no haggling over price.

They offered him a contract far greater than he could have imagined.

I'm surprised it took 24 hours tbh. :lol:

that intent was there last summer if we are to believe they moved the goalposts for debuchy, douglas's demands spiralled and put off more than just us and de jong chose to play nearer home and van der weil chose PSG over us.

Debuchy has said in an interview that a fee couldn't be agreed between the clubs in the summer, he didn't say anything about goal posts being moved.

QPR didn't do the deal in 24 hours...

that intent was there last summer if we are to believe they moved the goalposts for debuchy, douglas's demands spiralled and put off more than just us and de jong chose to play nearer home and van der weil chose PSG over us.

Debuchy has said in an interview that a fee couldn't be agreed between the clubs in the summer, he didn't say anything about goal posts being moved.

"One day I can't leave because the club has not found a replacement, the next day it is because the Newcastle offer is not enough. One day it is the coach who blocked me, the next day it is the chairman."

"One day I can't leave because the club has not found a replacement, the next day it is because the Newcastle offer is not enough. One day it is the coach who blocked me, the next day it is the chairman."

I took moving the goal posts to mean that they accepted a fee and then asked for more which doesn't seem to be the case, that was an excuse used by some in the summer when we didn't get him.

QPR didn't do the deal in 24 hours...

It doesn't matter -  WUllie's point is correct.

They got the player and relatively quickly too after he heard their terms.....we used to do deals quickly when SJH and KK were running the club and quietly too in most cases.

The current board are all talk and no action...as for Pardew, he's just a puppet in transfer dealings.

That intent was a transfer window too late so I have had to watch Mr X Factors Xsing for the last 6 months. We also made bids before but this line we have to cross seems 10 foot high and made of brick.

Moan in the summer when we are in the championship.

How many points are given out for intent at the end of the season?

Some fans are too easily pleased that we even exist as a club - just threaten us with going out of business and see the serious buyers emerge then...the road to hell is paved with 'good intentions'...