Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest icemanblue

In which case, this season must be down to bad luck.

I suggest you read the article before applying you terrible child-like logic to the situation.

:lol: Get you, eh.

If Pardrew gets the bullet, what makes people think that any of these managers would come here.

A Manager would be picked that could play hoofball, and work with the current squad with little to no money to invest in the team.

If Pardrew gets the bullet, what makes people think that any of these managers would come here.

A Manager would be picked that could play hoofball, and work with the current squad with little to no money to invest in the team.

Why would we pick a long ball manager when all our signings have been proper ball players? I thought that exact thing was what Pardew was most often criticised for.

Guest tollemache

Interesting article about last season. In a way I wish we'd finished 9th or something, to give the impression of a hiccup amid progress this year instead of the illusion of a collapse from dizzy heights. I don't think there's much of a gap between the two in reality

Guest Wally_McFool

Interesting article about last season. In a way I wish we'd finished 9th or something, to give the impression of a hiccup amid progress this year instead of the illusion of a collapse from dizzy heights. I don't think there's much of a gap between the two in reality

Football doesn't neccessarily work like that, Derek.

AP has been strangely quiet this week. Bliss.

Thursday's they do the pre match press conferences for the weekend game I think, so I'm sure we'll get some interesting stuff out of him tomorrow.

Guest tollemache

Football doesn't neccessarily work like that, Derek.

Not sure what your point is, or what you mean by Derek. Football doesn't work like what?

Guest tollemache

All I've done so far is agreed with the idea that our 5th-placed finish last season was arguably a bit of an illusion in terms of where we were. We rode our luck on a very regular basis and could easily have ended up further down the table, as anyone seeking to argue that Pardew has never known what he is doing, for example, will be happy to point out.

Guest tollemache

mid-transfer window when we've signed one and come close to spending £8m or so on another, is probably the wrong time to moan about investment. Moan in February

I for one won't be waiting for an elenth hour signing at the end of the transfer window if we have signed no one from now. The only way to get players who will make the difference now is to pay over the odds either in fees, agents or salary.

We have such an unbalanced squad at this moment in time.

Guest tollemache

Moan in February. :lol:

Are we not playing on Saturday like?

everyone knows most of the business happens at the end of the window and there's nothing we can do about that, so it's daft to complain there's been no 'serious investment' halfway through the window. Especially when we've already landed one target and narrowly missed out on another. It's not like there are no signs of intent