Alan Pardew

Dave

Our team and formation when all fit should be. Until we can add more bodies in Jan.

Krul

Anita  Taylor  Colo  Santon

Tiote      Jonas

Cabaye                  Marveux

Ben Arfa

Ba\Cisse

Are you on smack?

Our team and formation when all fit should be. Until we can add more bodies in Jan.

Krul

Tiote      Jonas

Ben Arfa

Ba\Cisse

Are you on smack?

Better than anything you could come up with

All players are comfortable on the ball, Jonas can mop up for Marveux as he doesn't tend to track back to much. Think we'd see better football than the god awful excuse Pardew's been serving up

Krul

Tiote      Jonas

Ben Arfa

Ba\Cisse

Are you on smack?

:lol:

I say this could maybe could be our best team

---------------Krul

Sant-----Tayl-----Colo-----Anita

------Cab-----Tiote------Jonas

--------------Benny

-----Cisse-------------Ba-------

Cabaye on the wing. :lol:

It's a right footed player on the right side Wullie, it's what you wanted you miserable old gimp!!

Who said he was on the wing?  Right  of midfield  with Ben Arfa and Marveux free license to make runs into those positions.

I'm giving him a bit of leeway because having Williamson at the back isn't going to help when starting attacks. Colo and Taylor at the back means we can keep it on the deck more imo and hopefully start to control games a bit better, like Pardew keeps saying how important that is to do. If we're still like this in a month or two, then I think we've got a big problem. For now it's just a concern, to me.

Williamson isn't to blame for how our midfield and forwards play.

Well, you say that but it can't help our midfield having the ball sail over their heads all the time. Similarly the two up front aren't great at hold up play, so playing to their weaknesses isn't going to help.

I'm singling Williamson out here and that's harsh, because I think goal kicks should be taken short as well.

Bottom line for me, is that as soon as you get the ball in the air you're needlessly increasing the chance of losing possession.

Krul

Tiote      Jonas

Ben Arfa

Ba\Cisse

Swap Cabaye and Ben Arfa and i'm with you 100%

"We are struggling for rhythm this year, and are not playing with the same exuberance as last year and today was a sign of that. We can't rely on spirit all the time. No mistake, [Demba Ba's second goal] hit his hand. Shane Ferguson put the ball in a great area, and it hit Demba's head and hit his hand but it's about the delivery of the ball. Reading gave us a going over today, I have no worries about them staying in this division."

Nah man having Anita and Jonas there once again means no width to provide the strikers with any service. Pardew would be happy with it but I'm certainly not.

And as none of our wingers can cross, what's the point in having out and out wingers?

Fergie is the only one that can deliver a decent ball from out wide but he wouldn't be considered a starter by Pardew

I'm giving him a bit of leeway because having Williamson at the back isn't going to help when starting attacks. Colo and Taylor at the back means we can keep it on the deck more imo and hopefully start to control games a bit better, like Pardew keeps saying how important that is to do. If we're still like this in a month or two, then I think we've got a big problem. For now it's just a concern, to me.

Well, you say that but it can't help our midfield having the ball sail over their heads all the time. Similarly the two up front aren't great at hold up play, so playing to their weaknesses isn't going to help.

I'm singling Williamson out here and that's harsh, because I think goal kicks should be taken short as well.

Bottom line for me, is that as soon as you get the ball in the air you're needlessly increasing the chance of losing possession.

Williamson doesn't hit it long any more than anyone else does tbh. Cabaye, Tiote, Bigirimana, always try to hit it long and early. I can't accept that they've not been instructed to do that.

"We are struggling for rhythm this year, and are not playing with the same exuberance as last year and today was a sign of that. We can't rely on spirit all the time. No mistake, [Demba Ba's second goal] hit his hand. Shane Ferguson put the ball in a great area, and it hit Demba's head and hit his hand but it's about the delivery of the ball. Reading gave us a going over today, I have no worries about them staying in this division."

Reading are shite and are going down, pile of rubbish. :lol:

I wouldn't have a problem with things not quite clicking for us like he's constantly suggesting is happening, it's that we don't seem to even try to play proper football.  When we're winning games like that then it papers over the cracks.  Bit sick of him treating the fans like idiots.

Harper was throwing the ball out when he first came in to the team and it looks like it's been coached out of him, the team are playing the way they play for a reason and I don't think it's down to the players.

:lol: :lol: words fail me

Williamson doesn't hit it long any more than anyone else does tbh. Cabaye, Tiote, Bigirimana, always try to hit it long and early. I can't accept that they've not been instructed to do that.

I don't think those 3 always try and go for it tbh, if it's on then sure because sometimes it may well be on. I still think we'll see a marked improvement once we get Colo back and possibly Krul as well

Guest Dontooner

Unless the team starts improving its performances considerably so in the next few games, based on what we've seen this season and even throughout last season, we will really struggle to finish in the top 10 never mind top 5.

Pardew doesn't seem to know his best team, his best system, what tactics to use and basically what to do with some of the players and that is why we are so disjointed and out of shape.

It can't continue because we will regress badly.

I actually disagree with you, I think Pardew's Knows his weakness and buy fare players to hide his void.

When Colo and cabaye is back in the team, we will look much better and people will stop whining  but the truth is Pardew's has no offensive tactics and relies on the raw attributes of player to win him games. Not a sign of a trophy winning Manager.

He's simply not learning from mistakes in other games, he happily rolls out the same formation and tactics that were shit in last game, it worries me that we have not progressed to keeping the ball. Yes we have players out but we still have players that should be able to string a few passes together