Alan Pardew

Dave

Out of interest, for those that are saying we should stick with him for now, what would be your cut off point? Our next four games are

Aston Villa (a)

Chelsea (h)

Spurs (a)

Southampton (h)

Personally I'd sack him now, but if we don't get a win in any of them he absolutely has to go.

Love how he simply cannot be capable of anything remotely positive now. Last season is completely forgotten. :lol:

It's not that, but honestly I had concerns even then. I felt it was our players carrying us a lot of the time. I respect what he did last season but in no way should that excuse the mess of this season. Would you stick by him and see us go down?

Some see this season as a continuation of a pattern that ran all the way through our performances last season (with the exception of the winning streak using the abandoned front 3). Some think it's just a manager down on his luck.

Then there are those who see it somewhere in between.

That's not really saying much for him though imo, in between bad team performances and luck.

Guest icemanblue

It doesn't matter what anyone's cut off point is, because he won't be sacked. It's simply not going to happen. For what it's worth, I do agree that our form this season is enough to get any manager of a semi-aspirational club the sack. However, I think there have been enough extenuating circumstances contributing to that form to allow him a period of grace, until the end of the season. I don't think we'll go down, and next season will be a real acid test of where we are with Pardew. If he continues to be shite, then it's time to go. It's not as if the players we are buying are 'his' players either, so it should be a less complicated transition.

Out of interest, for those that are saying we should stick with him for now, what would be your cut off point? Our next four games are

Aston Villa (a)

Chelsea (h)

Spurs (a)

Southampton (h)

Personally I'd sack him now, but if we don't get a win in any of them he absolutely has to go.

Don't understand the obsession with sacking a manager if he's not producing immediately (particularly when he has recent evidence of being semi-capable of producing results) - too many people on here desperate for immediate change and immediate results.

Thought a few people on here (and general NUFC supporters) would have learnt their lesson after Colo about writing people off too quickly...

It doesn't matter what anyone's cut off point is, because he won't be sacked. It's simply not going to happen. For what it's worth, I do agree that our form this season is enough to get any manager of a semi-aspirational club the sack. However, I think there have been enough extenuating circumstances contributing to that form to allow him a period of grace, until the end of the season. I don't think we'll go down, and next season will be a real acid test of where we are with Pardew. If he continues to be shite, then it's time to go. It's not as if the players we are buying are 'his' players either, so it should be a less complicated transition.

Broadly agree, although I'm still terrified of going down. Slightly less so now we have Mbiwa and Gourcuff in, but it's still a challenge.

But as you say, he won't be sacked so we may as well buckle up.

Guest Dontooner

How would Pardew be good as a DOF?

Graham Carr is almost our DOF as he is choosing who plays for us.

Thats quite true actually but let Pardew be the Face of Newcastle, we just need some tactics and organized football.

The way we play currently is for certain in the bottom three teams, not even the players individual brilliance can easily dig us out of this.

Pardew history in bad forms and not turning them around , plus the stats of losing a goal and not coming back in however many games...

Should be some proof he needs help.

Most of this :thup: and fwiw, without European competition next season, we'll most likely see a pick up in PL results.

We absolutely won't sack him now, not after these signings. Whether or not you think he's right for us, any boost to the players and the mood would be erased by the confusion over finding a new manager.

I'm kind of just hoping the players ignore his instructions until we are safe :lol:

At least he can't possibly find a way for Williamson or Simpson into the team assuming Colo stays until summer. Because thats often been the difference between us winning/draw and losing is them two fucking idiots.

Also this gouffran and Ben Arfa coming back will hopefully see us push through

He's not been backed at all :lol: the club have just identified some value players and brought them over the line. He's hardly done a Redknapp or a Keegan!

Sorry I mean he is being given new signings to work with over getting the boot for his terrible performance so far thia season. I see that as being backed and Pardew must deliver better results.

From what new players seem to say, I think he's either unwilling or unable to coach the principles of good football into the less talented players, of which there have been too many thanks to the purple rule. He simply doesn't trust them with it, and when the good players are missing it shows hugely, unlike at some other clubs where the general philosophies of the manager can be recognised whoever plays.

Whether you think that's acceptable for a top flight manager or not is up for debate, but IMO that's why the season has been such a disaster.

I understand this point of view, it's going to be pretty difficult to sympathise with if we drop into the bottom three and stay there for a bit though. I really hope we pick up some wins and all talk of relegation is gone but I ran out of faith in Pardew a little while ago.

From what new players seem to say, I think he's either unwilling or unable to coach the principles of good football into the less talented players, of which there have been too many thanks to the purple rule. He simply doesn't trust them with it, and when the good players are missing it shows hugely, unlike at some other clubs where the general philosophies of the manager can be recognised whoever plays.

Whether you think that's acceptable for a top flight manager or not is up for debate, but IMO that's why the season has been such a disaster.

That's a good point Dave, we've been useless all season though, no matter who's been on the pitch. Just more bad performances and players like Ba bailing him out again.

Guest icemanblue

I understand this point of view, it's going to be pretty difficult to sympathise with if we drop into the bottom three and stay there for a bit though. I really hope we pick up some wins and all talk of relegation is gone but I ran out of faith in Pardew a little while ago.

That's fair enough, it's your opinion. I can understand the reasons behind people wanting him out, but, as always, it's being taken to ridiculous extremes. The current view of Pardew does not tally up with a manager that lead us to our best league position since SBR.

Agree 100% hopefully we can stay up and go into a next season with a much stronger squad so current mistakes are not repeated.

I for one think he's capable of repeating the success of last season but only if the squad players are a lot closer to the purples than they currently are.

Guest neesy111

Ahh the old Europe excuse where we played our full team once and since the winter break from Europe our results have got actually worse.  Pathetic.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20130123/yanga-mbiwa-impressed-by-managers-vision_2281670_3050170

Yanga-Mbiwa is confident that Newcastle's fortunes will improve in the weeks - and months - ahead.

"The manager wants to build a very strong, solid team and he wants the team to play as well as possible," the French international defender told nufc.co.uk. "I think that's one of the reasons he wants me there: to build a stronger team.

"He also explained he wants to close the gap on the top four, and I think that's one of the reasons why he wanted me to come so I can help him to achieve those objectives."

:lol: :anguish:

That's a good point Dave, we've been useless all season though, no matter who's been on the pitch. Just more bad performances and players like Ba bailing him out again.

Well yeah, there's little excuse for that and some of his decisions. However I still strongly believe that the inactivity of the club in the summer had a far bigger negative impact than anyone at the club and some on here anticipated. The momentum was brought to a massive halt, the ambition of the club was brought into question (including by some of the players evidently) and Pardew ended up doing daft things like playing Ba up front no matter what because he didn't trust the club to replace him. Same reason why Ameobi was pulled from the ACoN.

I'm far from happy with Pardew at the moment, but as I've posted before this season could end up being worthwhile if it teaches the club a thing or two. Resting on our laurels like that was one gamble too far.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20130123/yanga-mbiwa-impressed-by-managers-vision_2281670_3050170

Yanga-Mbiwa is confident that Newcastle's fortunes will improve in the weeks - and months - ahead.

"The manager wants to build a very strong, solid team and he wants the team to play as well as possible," the French international defender told nufc.co.uk. "I think that's one of the reasons he wants me there: to build a stronger team.

"He also explained he wants to close the gap on the top four, and I think that's one of the reasons why he wanted me to come so I can help him to achieve those objectives."

Strange reaction. What's up fella?

Strange reaction. What's up fella?

Well do you think Pardew got what is take to make us a top 4 club, or close to that? And if so, how can we be were we are right now after the last season success? A top manager should be able to pick up results even without the "best eleven", because I think it´s a fact that you in football always will get injuries.

Most of this :thup: and fwiw, without European competition next season, we'll most likely see a pick up in PL results.

Without it we can get back to that goal of qualifying Europe.

Well yeah, there's little excuse for that and some of his decisions. However I still strongly believe that the inactivity of the club in the summer had a far bigger negative impact than anyone at the club and some on here anticipated. The momentum was brought to a massive halt, the ambition of the club was brought into question (including by some of the players evidently) and Pardew ended up doing daft things like playing Ba up front no matter what because he didn't trust the club to replace him. Same reason why Ameobi was pulled from the ACoN.

I'm far from happy with Pardew at the moment, but as I've posted before this season could end up being worthwhile if it teaches the club a thing or two. Resting on our laurels like that was one gamble too far.

:thup: to Dave and Inochi too.

Guest hydeous

It doesn't matter what anyone's cut off point is, because he won't be sacked. It's simply not going to happen. For what it's worth, I do agree that our form this season is enough to get any manager of a semi-aspirational club the sack. However, I think there have been enough extenuating circumstances contributing to that form to allow him a period of grace, until the end of the season. I don't think we'll go down, and next season will be a real acid test of where we are with Pardew. If he continues to be s****, then it's time to go. It's not as if the players we are buying are 'his' players either, so it should be a less complicated transition.

Without it we can get back to that goal of qualifying Europe.

:thup: to Dave and Inochi too.

But then we're going to qualify for the CL! And win the league!  :cheesy: