Alan Pardew

Dave

Not sure how current/probable France internationals can be classed as panic buys like. The timing is obviously that of a team that desperately needs players, but we just don't waste money like that. For better or worse.

Guest bimpy474

Panic buys don't come about through proper scouting, we've got a great scouting team.

Aye, trying to buy N'Zog and Richardson like we've tried to do in previous windows, in the last hour is panic buying.

Yeah, Michael Johnson, Bryan Ruiz....

Oh yeah them too/two.

Panic buy suggests poorly researched buys. These may be brought out of desperation and past failures, but I very much doubt they're poorly researched.

A more succinct version of my post. :thup:

Clearly a reaction to the situation, a realisation that the cheap methods of last summer was/is alarmingly likely to relegate us.

Debuchy and Mbiwa would have seen us have a very different season, bringing in Haidara, Gouffran and possibly Sissoko could be Ashley spending the best part of the budget for the forthcoming years in order to save our Premier League status.

Still think we need to sack Pardew to stay up. The negative tactics will continue.

Guest neesy111

They aren't panic buys in the context of QPR but we have clearly panicked in getting them in sooner than we usually do deals.

Guest neesy111

All these signings are making me forget how angry I was at Pardew on Sat. I wonder if it was cheaper for Ashley to splash out on players than sack Pards...

Not a chance.

Guest neesy111

I should fucking hope they're panicking, we're going down. :lol:

They'll not waste money on shite though, they're tight as fuck.  Doesn't sound like we've overpaid either.  Hopefully these signings are the boost we so desperately need.

Shame they don't do any research into getting our managers.......

All these signings are making me forget how angry I was at Pardew on Sat. I wonder if it was cheaper for Ashley to splash out on players than sack Pards...

Only has to pay him 1 years salary if they sack him if I am correct.  No excuse 115 million + quids worth of investment in January is more than any manager could dream of, if he cant sort it he needs to go, I'd be ashamed if I was him and 3 games down the line we haven't won.

Guest chicken little

aye mag at the bus stop told me the clause in his contract meant that ashley had to pay him about fifteen million if he wanted to fire him

aye mag at the bus stop told me the clause in his contract meant that ashley had to pay him about fifteen million if he wanted to fire him

:lol:

I should fucking hope they're panicking, we're going down. :lol:

They'll not waste money on shite though, they're tight as fuck.  Doesn't sound like we've overpaid either.  Hopefully these signings are the boost we so desperately need.

WE need Graham Carr pikcing our managers tbf, he's got an eye for talent and with that an eye for how a side is set up.

With it looking increasingly likely that we'll have 3 new players in before Villa, does anyone think AP is going to change his negative style/tactics?

Reckon he's still in the job only because we want to lure the new players in. I think we'll have a new manager / Carver as caretaker from February.

Not likely. He'll be given the rest of the season with the improved squad he's been asking for,, then if we are still not getting results he'll be replaced in the summer I reckon.

There's a huge difference between getting results and playing the style of football that is going to suit the type of player we already have, and seem to be getting.

We all know Pardew is way out of his depth from a coaching and tactical perspective, and that's not going to change before the end of this season. We need to be looking for his replacement now.

My ideal scenario would be to sack him at the end of the window, but certainly at the end of the season whether he keeps us up or not. There's no place for Hoofball Pardew with this sqaud, and he's not going to be able to change or adapt his philosophy as some have suggested.

Hopefully Carr is whispering this in Fat Mike's shell like, and I see no reason why Carr can't recommend decent Continental coaches as well as decent footballers. There'd be plenty creaming their pants at the prospect of working with half the French National squad.

It's a bit like putting Avram Grant in charge of a Chelsea title winning squad. Squad talent will get you so far, but it still needs to be managed and organised effectively. Pardew's flaws will be exposed again sooner rather than later. The signings have bought him time until the end of the season, but it wouldn't surprise me if we aren't already putting in place plans for his replacement in the summer.