Alan Pardew

Dave

He was given Tevez and Mascherano, look what happened then. No reason whatsoever to field the likes of Shola or Jonas. They're finished.

that's a stick i'm not willing to beat him with, and i'm one of his biggest critics

that whole thing was a fucking circus

Agreed. Like Xisco & that player on loan who got injured with Keegan.

Tbf, i do think we'd have played a lot better if Marveaux had played today. Think he'd have got an assist or possibly even a goal.

Yup Marveux for Guti and it would have been 3/4 goals in the first half.

Yeah, i think so too. Having Marveaux and HBA in the team/squad will make us quite a different proposition. They'll combine so well with Sissoko.

I try and support Pardew as much as I can, but Cissé on the wing? I mean, honestly? Almost a sackable offence in itself.

He was out wide first half too...when we dominated the game, took a 2 goal lead and Cisse himself was one of the scorers.

Must have been watching a different game to me, mate.

Did we not dominate the first half?

We did.

Cisse played as the central striker first half though.

Aye. Went out wide when Shola came on.

Evidence (if ever it were needed and frankly, if you think it was, you need to give your head a shake) that our disgusting performances this season are nothing to do with lack of investment and everything to do with the coward in the dugout.

Just cannot get my head around this argument.

What about the first-half then? Would have been interesting viewing without Gouffran and Sissoko on the field.

For the record, I agree that Pardew is pants.

Games don't last for one half though, that's Pardew's problem. His problem isn't necessarily getting the team playing, it's getting them playing for 90 minutes, it's getting them playing when we're behind and getting them playing when we're in front. :lol:

When something actually happens on the pitch, them scoring, us scoring, a substitution, them making a pass, he absolutely shits himself. We are a million miles from being the worst team in the league but we're by far the least effective in terms of actually getting results relative to the squad. We'd actually be better with a load of cloggers because that's what he knows - that's why he picks Perch and Shola so consistently.

This is two games in a row against, imo, the two worst teams in the league that we've lost one and deserved to lose the other having been winning without breaking sweat at half time. He's by far the worst manager in the league this season at actually getting points given what he has to work with.

:thup:

Fair enough, but I think the more good players we have the better - regardless of who the manager is. The difference it's made having Debuchy in there and Cabaye back has been pretty large already and now we've got the added influx of Gouffran, Sissoko and Yanga-Mbiwa. I can't see it doing anything other than helping us.

We're at a low, low ebb but we've somehow managed to come away with 3 points there - largely thanks to the club going out and spending money on some quality players. Without that we'd have seen Shola starting again and we probably wouldn't have taken anything from this game.

I'm not going to disagree about anything regarding Pardew's ability - or lack thereof - as a manager, but I will not ever be swayed into thinking I need to "give my head a shake" for believing that the lack of purchases made in the summer hasn't affected us negatively too. There's a lot more goes into the outcome of a match than just what the manager brings to the table.

Good post.  O0

I can't beleive some of the utter crap spouted on here, so all of a sudden Cabaye, Colo, Taylor, Santon, Anita, Jonas, Cisse all became incapable of playing a pass and were suddenly masters of the converted try attempt.... Jeez!

Villa were playing well and with momentum in the second half, our confidence is shot and we couldn't answer with a passing game (which is what we should have done)... Don't blame it all on Pardiue... there are others responsible aswell!

Very rarely is anyone 100% responsible for anything.  But when you're manager consistently causes your team as many problems as possible it certainly doesn't fucking help!

Reminds me of the manager I had for our college team, who knew practically nothing about football and rarely attended trainings. Probably would have done something similar if he was in charge of NUFC instead of Pards.

He was given Tevez and Mascherano, look what happened then. No reason whatsoever to field the likes of Shola or Jonas. They're finished.

that's a stick i'm not willing to beat him with, and i'm one of his biggest critics

was thinking about him the other day, nacho right? :lol:

wonder what became of him!!

Tbf, i do think we'd have played a lot better if Marveaux had played today. Think he'd have got an assist or possibly even a goal.

We haven't scored four in the league since April 2011.

You're right. They're exactly like those two players. Hence why they've vanished into obscurity since.

We haven't scored four in the league since April 2011.

Just 3 then :lol:

was thinking about him the other day, nacho right? :lol:

wonder what became of him!!

Aye that's him. What a player he was.  :lol:

I try and support Pardew as much as I can, but Cissé on the wing? I mean, honestly? Almost a sackable offence in itself.

He was out wide first half too...when we dominated the game, took a 2 goal lead and Cisse himself was one of the scorers.

We did.

So he played wide for 20 minutes.....20 minutes where we had one man in their half most the time anyway.

Tactical blunder to be sacked for...after a win.

Right.

Makes me really upset thinking about how good this team could be if this guy wasn't such a f***ing coward. Like, really makes me sad :lol:

Came in to say exactly this.  Almost cost us the game IMO.  The team that went in the first half compared to the team that came back out was fucking ridiculous.

You're right. They're exactly like those two players. Hence why they've vanished into obscurity since.

Its forcing players on a manager, then he was told to play them.

look to your left, the point is in the other direction

We did.

So he played wide for 20 minutes.....20 minutes where we had one man in their half most the time anyway.

Tactical blunder to be sacked for...after a win.

Right.

If that was the only blunder he made it may have been forgivable.

Does he understand the concept of counter-attacking? Villa were going all out and we had 11 players in our own half launching the ball into orbit at every opportunity. I'd chalk this down to nervousness on the part of the players (especially after the crowd piped up) if this sort of collapse was uncommon for a Pardew-managed Newcastle team, but its not. It seems to happen time and time again and its definitely a massive cause for concern, despite the somewhat fortunate (and valuable) 3 points we gained today.

Brining shola on was scandalous. Other than that, I have no problems.

Villa were a desperate, desperate side and threw the kitchen sink.

Had that pen not happened we would have seen the game out comfortably.

Think Villa are gone with Reading and one other - probs qpr. Norwich and Fulham are dropping like stones.

I invariably think that that you can pick fault with any Manager tbh. Take Villa and Norwich both have good "managers" who have experience and then take Jol a guy with bag loads of the stuff. Then I look at Atkins at Southampton and think are we actually worse off? I mean we have Carver who has a 100% record as a "good" manager albeit in one matech :lol:.

My biggest problem is with the current set-up. Pards clearly gets players who he (in his mind) doesn't have some form of mental thought process over and he has to incorporate them in to some form of system.

Why was he hugging Jonas after the game, and not slapping his face instead?

After that game it was Jonas he deemed worthy of his affections?

The guy has serious problems.

The twat loves his "tackler"

That's if he could manage it before being taken off for Shola..