Alan Pardew

Dave

On the Spurs comparison, it's fairly easy to have a clear attacking game plan when you have two absolutely lightening wide players. They still struggled to create chances in the final third.

'cause they started the game without an orthodox striker didn't they? :lol:

anyway i just meant they had a plan that was clearly worked on in training, played to their strengths and everyone was well drilled in it and knew what they should have been doing....granted we had that last year but it's easier to have a defined plan when that plan is defensively grounded as ours was

Spurs plan is basically give it to Bale, and he was able to produce a couple of moments to beat us. The difference between us and Spurs that day was him and him only.

Disagree with this - they were sharper and more mobile ALL over the field. They had done their homework on both Sissoko(doubly marked for much of the time)and Santon(kept back-pedalling by their quick breaks using Lennon and Walker.

They deserved to win - they had slightly more possession than us and they were more dangerous up front with it. Our possession was largely in sideways and backwards passing across the back 4 and Krul and we lost it up front when it was humped up to Cisse.

You can say this, but ultimately only one player caused us problems, just look at the shots he had compared with the rest of his team. I'm sure Lyon feel similar to how we felt after their result last night.

You have your view - I have mine...abd I'm sticking to it.

It doesn't matter WHO had the most shots at our goal - the overall effort and constructive play by the whole team gave Bale the chances he had...how many times did he waltz through our entire defence from his own half to have a shot..??

Watching Wigan now. They're 3-1 up away from home and they've still got 5/6 players ahead of the ball when in possession. Such a difference to the way we play.

I should add to that they've been under considerable pressure for the second half as well.

Watching Wigan now. They're 3-1 up away from home and they've still got 5/6 players ahead of the ball when in possession. Such a difference to the way we play.

I should add to that they've been under considerable pressure for the second half as well.

They do nearly get relegated every season mind.

:lol: Yeah there's a definite balance to be struck. I'm all for easy on the eye football as from my posts you can obviously tell but there needs to be a balance between great attacking football and solid base defensively.

Laudrup for example for most of this season has found a nice balance, that's the sort of stuff i imagine with the players we have plus 2 or 3 additions could play on a regular basis and get results.

They also get crowds of about 20k and have a wage bill that's probably a fraction of ours.

Yeah, I know. It probably goes without saying that they do that with a worse group of players than us though. They made quite a few changes away from home yesterday against lower league opposition and still played good positive football and it paid off, that's pretty good evidence of a way of playing that's implemented across the club imo. I don't even need to speculate on what our football would be like in those circumstances under Pardew.

I'm just sick of watching teams like Wigan and Swansea and being envious of their manager/coaching team, aren't you?

And playing a championship side who are on a horrific run of form.

Much in the same way our team outgrew the likes of Nolan and Simpson, or even to a lesser extent Gosling and the style of players we had when he signed compared to now our squad has definitely outgrew Pardew.

"We are going to need all the tapes you have of Mentalist for preperation.."

http://images.hitfix.com/photos/377209/thementalist_042210_gallery_primary.jpg

Glad i'm not the only one who thought of that show when we were first drawn against them :lol:

Much in the same way our team outgrew the likes of Nolan and Simpson, or even to a lesser extent Gosling and the style of players we had when he signed compared to now our squad has definitely outgrew Pardew.

:thup:

Think this is his last season here, the board will surely either see what we're seeing or will eventually. I think they just don't want to upset the squad halfway through the season when were struggling to stay in the league.

Unless he goes on a massively impressive run, he's got to go.