Alan Pardew

Dave

Like in any walk of life a real man takes action when the situation requires and the same applies in football management. Changes had to be made to capitalize on our relative dominance and add that little spark that we needed.

Oh we're a goal down and now you make the changes? You must want to score a goal now :rolleyes:

That sums it up really well. At 0-0 he wasn't desperate to get a goal and that is totally unacceptable given the circumstances.

The only change he could've realistically made would've been Marveaux/Obertan for Jonas and even that would've been churlish considering how well Jonas and Debuchy linked up in the second half. We had no other game changers on the bench.

Yet Luke Moore has changed the game for them by shuffling the pack and sending Michu back to run midfield. Last season against Man City, Mancini took a striker off for De Jong to release Toure, who scored within five minutes.

You don't always need a "game-changer" if you think about it enough. Pardew is embarrassingly poor at doing this because he's a tactical dud.

Sometimes as a manager you have to do stuff to change the game that goes beyond hoying Shola on. That is all he knows.

You talk an obscene amount of shite Wullie :lol:

Luke Moore did absolutely nothing when he came on other than stand prone and swing a leg at the ball while our defense disintegrated around him. I like Laudrup, but it was not a tactical masterstroke by any stretch of the imagination. Michu did little when either up front or in midfield today.

It's pretty clear there are a small number of people on here that will not accept that we can get dealt a bad hand and Pardew can't be held accountable for it. He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Like in any walk of life a real man takes action when the situation requires and the same applies in football management. Changes had to be made to capitalize on our relative dominance and add that little spark that we needed.

Oh we're a goal down and now you make the changes? You must want to score a goal now :rolleyes:

That sums it up really well. At 0-0 he wasn't desperate to get a goal and that is totally unacceptable given the circumstances.

The only change he could've realistically made would've been Marveaux/Obertan for Jonas and even that would've been churlish considering how well Jonas and Debuchy linked up in the second half. We had no other game changers on the bench.

Yet Luke Moore has changed the game for them by shuffling the pack and sending Michu back to run midfield. Last season against Man City, Mancini took a striker off for De Jong to release Toure, who scored within five minutes.

You don't always need a "game-changer" if you think about it enough. Pardew is embarrassingly poor at doing this because he's a tactical dud.

Sometimes as a manager you have to do stuff to change the game that goes beyond hoying Shola on. That is all he knows.

Luke Moore did absolutely nothing when he came on other than stand prone and swing a leg at the ball while our defense disintegrated around him. I like Laudrup, but it was not a tactical masterstroke by any stretch of the imagination. Michu did little when either up front or in midfield today.

It's pretty clear there are a small number of people on here that will not accept that we can get dealt a bad hand and Pardew can't be held accountable for it. He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

I never said Luke Moore did anything (other than score the winning goal), I said Laudrup shuffled the pack by bringing him on. You obviously think a manager can only change the game by bringing on some sort of super-sub.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. :lol: We're 15th ffs. Most teams in the league would have beaten Swansea today, they were appalling, very much "after the Lord Mayor's show" and yet they still won.

While i understand the want for change while your on top.... i.e. fresh legs etc etc as rightly pointed out the defeat is not on him.

Could have easily gone the other way and if he did would he be getting as much praise as there is negativity?

While i understand the want for change while your on top.... i.e. fresh legs etc etc as rightly pointed out the defeat is not on him.

Could have easily gone the other way and if he did would he be getting as much praise as there is negativity?

It didn't though and hasn't all season. We've won less away games than QPR and yet some people will still swear blind that he's doing a grand old job.

All this "he did nothing wrong today" completely ignores that he coaches the defence, coaches the set pieces and is nowhere near good enough to manage this set of players.

I never said Luke Moore did anything (other than score the winning goal), I said Laudrup shuffled the pack by bringing him on. You obviously think a manager can only change the game by bringing on some sort of super-sub.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. :lol: We're 15th ffs. Most teams in the league would have beaten Swansea today, they were appalling, very much "after the Lord Mayor's show" and yet they still won.

We didn't need to change the game though, they did. We were creating chances and were pretty unlucky not to be ahead, what could he have done to change things?

Well,you know,not everyone judge him by match-to-match performance. I stand firmly by my statements that he should be sacked. Blaming injuries,hard/difficult fixtures or whatever just ain't an excuse that should be accepted. These things can happen any manager. What makes a difference is how you manage with what you got. And he really should not be flirting with the drop zone with the squad he's got.

Giving this man an 8-year contract is a sign of stupid gambling, not a sign of 'trying' to be consistent.

We didn't need to change the game though, they did. We were creating chances and were pretty unlucky not to be ahead, what could he have done to change things?

Well he plays one of his forward players purely for his defending, maybe he should have taken him off for a start.

Well he plays one of his forward players purely for his defending, maybe he should have taken him off for a start.

And replace him with who? Obertan?

I don't think Jonas was that bad today anywho.

Laudrup looks a far better manager than Pardew like, I fully agree with that, but SUPER MASTERMIND MICHAEL needed a last grasp flukey winner at home to take 3 points, up until that his side were 2nd best.

They were but he's still way ahead of us with a significantly worse squad.

It's not about Laudrup anyway, it's purely about Pardew's performance this season being utterly shameful.

It didn't though and hasn't all season. We've won less away games than QPR and yet some people will still swear blind that he's doing a grand old job.

All this "he did nothing wrong today" completely ignores that he coaches the defence, coaches the set pieces and is nowhere near good enough to manage this set of players.

I agree with that, i wouldn't say he's doing a grand old job but i do think he's improving and im willing to see where it can take us with these players till the end of the season.

What the fuck is actually expected here anyway? That we go to Swansea and absolutely flatten them, creating a mountain of chances banging goals in left right and centre? :lol:

We played well and were unlucky to lose, that's the end of it for me. Pardew didn't exactly "play a blinder" but he didn't do anything worth criticising.

What the f*** is actually expected here anyway? That we go to Swansea and absolutely flatten them, creating a mountain of chances banging goals in left right and centre? :lol:

We played well and were unlucky to lose, that's the end of it for me. Pardew didn't exactly "play a blinder" but he didn't do anything worth criticising.

:thup:

You talk an obscene amount of s**** Wullie :lol:

Anyone would have scored that goal against that comical defending. That's why he was laughing his arse of for scoring his 2nd goal after more than a year.

Laudrup looks a far better manager than Pardew like, I fully agree with that, but SUPER MASTERMIND MICHAEL needed a last grasp flukey winner at home to take 3 points, up until that his side were 2nd best.

They were but he's still way ahead of us with a significantly worse squad.

It's not about Laudrup anyway, it's purely about Pardew's performance this season being utterly shameful.

Well yeah, I completely agree with that.

Not at all, however when you're playing the best football of the game and are looking good value for a goal I don't believe that you really need to "shuffle the pack". You talk about Pardew being a reactive manager however I struggle to think of any managers who'd have made the changes you were so clearly crying out for in the same position. The old adage if it ain't broke don't fix it comes to mind here.

Laudrup's changes were reactive because we'd taken the game by the scruff of the neck, however by your logic he should've played his hand on the 17th minute when they were all over us.

I also think it's pretty apparent what I meant by damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Had he made s substitution and the result been the same you'd have been on here tearing strips off him for making changes when we were in the ascendancy. I've gave the man jip this season when he has got it wrong, I was on here practically calling for him to be hung drawn and quartered after the Reading game, but he did everything right today and he's still seen as public enemy number one by some of our support. It's absolutely mental stuff.

You talk an obscene amount of s**** Wullie :lol:

Anyone would have scored that goal against that comical defending. That's why he was laughing his arse of for scoring his 2nd goal after more than a year.

Taylor's tackle was absolutely fucking sublime. Moore must've though all his Christmas' had came at once when he dove in and missed by a good three feet :lol:

Not at all, however when you're playing the best football of the game and are looking good value for a goal I don't believe that you really need to "shuffle the pack". You talk about Pardew being a reactive manager however I struggle to think of any managers who'd have made the changes you were so clearly crying out for in the same position. The old adage if it ain't broke don't fix it comes to mind here.

Laudrup's changes were reactive because we'd taken the game by the scruff of the neck, however by your logic he should've played his hand on the 17th minute when they were all over us.

I also think it's pretty apparent what I meant by damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Had he made s substitution and the result been the same you'd have been on here tearing strips off him for making changes when we were in the ascendancy. I've gave the man jip this season when he has got it wrong, I was on here practically calling for him to be hung drawn and quartered after the Reading game, but he did everything right today and he's still seen as public enemy number one by some of our support. It's absolutely mental stuff.

How can he have done everything right and lost that game? Swansea had clearly been on the piss all week and would have been beaten by most other sides in the league.

Guest neesy111

I'm adamemt that anything positive we do on the pitch is despite this fucker, not because of.

We've got a squad now where anything less than 8th next year is shameful

:thup:

How can he have done everything right and lost that game? Swansea had clearly been on the piss all week and would have been beaten by most other sides in the league.

I don't know how you came to that conclusion considering they took the piss out of us for the first half hour.

I'm adamemt that anything positive we do on the pitch is despite this fucker, not because of.

We've got a squad now where anything less than 8th next year is shameful

Whey that's just daft. He deserves almost all the credit for Sissoko's performances. Granted he didn't come up with the idea of signing a defensive midfielder and using him in an attacking position but he's utilised Mo really, really well.

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't give a damn how well or how poor we played today, under Pardew we are a very poor team in the main and that is down to him and his coaching staff. He has to go, but won't so I expect another season like this one next year. Only with a bigger fall-out as our better players look elsewhere to play.