Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest icemanblue

We definitely started well and looked good before Debuchy went off. But by the same token you've got to question why an injury to our right back after less than 15mins can devastate the whole team's performance.

Cos his ability to get up and down the flank like the flash was pushing their left side back. That stopped after he went off and they started getting further up the pitch.

Is it not a bit worrying that our whole gameplan is seemingly so brittle though? What about the rest of our team?

That's a pretty simplistic view, like. As he said, that change down our right hand side was exploited. We were under a spell of pressure and conceded a goal from poor individual defensive play. The injury to Haidara further compounded this, as the team collectively lost their heads. What followed was a pretty drastic reshuffle, which I defy any fucking team in the league to look comfortable with.

However, after a period, we did regain our composure and looked to threaten. I agree that, today, that threat wasn't potent enough. The second half was in our favour and we were finishing the stronger of the two sides.

The argument about results vs performances is an interesting one. Ideally you want both, after that results obviously come first. Last season I'd say our results were better than the performances. This season clearly neither have been good enough. It seems though that for some people results are pretty much all that matter, which puzzles me. I watch and go to the matches to see enterprising, entertaining football and hopefully for us to win. Stoke are above us in the table and yet surely nobody would want Tony Pulis in charge, or Sam Allardyce again.

We were robbed of a point today, but that doesn't mean the performance was good enough.

The argument about results vs performances is an interesting one. Ideally you want both, after that results obviously come first. Last season I'd say our results were better than the performances. This season clearly neither have been good enough. It seems though that for some people results are pretty much all that matter, which puzzles me. I watch and go to the matches to see enterprising, entertaining football and hopefully for us to win. Stoke are above us in the table and yet surely nobody would want Tony Pulis in charge, or Sam Allardyce again.

We were robbed of a point today, but that doesn't mean the performance was good enough.

I don't think any one has said that though.

Guest strongbow69

worse injuries YES , I realise he,s been shit too . sitting back on one nils fucked me off but to blame pardew every match for everything is lazy tbh. first half with debuchy was good second half was ok

Guest icemanblue

I don't see anybody arguing that he performance today was in any way 'good'. It was what it was, a tired, disjointed performance, owing to a physically demanding game three days previously and a freakish succession of injuries.

Guest Howaythetoon

We definitely started well and looked good before Debuchy went off. But by the same token you've got to question why an injury to our right back after less than 15mins can devastate the whole team's performance.

Because we rely solely on the individual. Debuchy was having a very good game and was our driving force. Take that away and that individual performance is lost meaning someone else has to step up and that's hard to do. There is no team play emphasis whatsoever other than the defensive side to our game, i.e. track runners, get tight, mark up, press etc. and even then we are no fucking good at it. On the ball facing the opposition goal and asked to attack though and we don't have anything in our locker.

We rely not on movement or passing or understanding. We rely on luck, a flukey cross, an outrageous Cisse goal or a Cabaye free kick or whatever. We rarely get the ball from defence, move the opposition around, get forward, get bodies into the box and put the opposition under pressure. Not consistently or with any regularity anyway.

Furthermore the players lack attacking confidence. Cisse will stop making runs because he knows all will be in vain. The knock on effect will see that the wide man will stop putting crosses in or Cabaye will stop looking for a through ball/ball over the top. That's when you become static and very flat and that's us right now and that's been us for the majority this season. God awful on the eye and frustrating as hell.

Why else are there such defensive reactions to criticism of Pardew in here then? People saying he is blameless today, and that they're embarrassed of this chat etc. It's as though they only care about the result.

I'm far from Pardew's biggest critic, but I'm getting tired of seeing so little progression. Will next season be any better? Probably won't have such bad injuries, but will the play be any better in general?

Guest icemanblue

Why else are there such defensive reactions to criticism of Pardew in here then? People saying he is blameless today, and that they're embarrassed of this chat etc. It's as though they only care about the result.

Why wouldn't some defend him, as much as those criticising him? Does everyone need to have the same opinion. One person has said they're embarrassed. Today, considering the circumstances, the result was the most important thing.

Because we rely solely on the individual. Debuchy was having a very good game and was our driving force. Take that away and that individual performance is lost meaning someone else has to step up and that's hard to do. There is no team play emphasis whatsoever other than the defensive side to our game, i.e. track runners, get tight, mark up, press etc. and even then we are no fucking good at it. On the ball facing the opposition goal and asked to attack though and we don't have anything in our locker.

We rely not on movement or passing or understanding. We rely on luck, a flukey cross, an outrageous Cisse goal or a Cabaye free kick or whatever. We rarely get the ball from defence, move the opposition around, get forward, get bodies into the box and put the opposition under pressure. Not consistently or with any regularity anyway.

Furthermore the players lack attacking confidence. Cisse will stop making runs because he knows all will be in vain. The knock on effect will see that the wide man will stop putting crosses in or Cabaye will stop looking for a through ball/ball over the top. That's when you become static and very flat and that's us right now and that's been us for the majority this season. God awful on the eye and frustrating as hell.

What is Pards getting out of his strategy then?

Because we don't know how things would have panned out had Debuchy not gone off injured. We were the better team until then at which point we had to reshuffle the team twice in the first half. To me it looked like he had set us up right to start with. He's a poor manager but it's not like it's all his fault today by any stretch of the imagination. I don't think you can prepare to lose two full backs within the first half an hour.

Guest Dontooner

We have been shit all season and Pardew is lucky to still have his job tbh. Most clubs would have had his gone in a blink. The performances this whole season till this point is unacceptable.

Honestly some fans only want results doubt they appreciate the game of football, as they probably ever only watch Newcastle games and have no bloody idea of where the standards are.

Guest Howaythetoon

worse injuries YES , I realise he,s been s*** too . sitting back on one nils f***ed me off but to blame pardew every match for everything is lazy tbh. first half with debuchy was good second half was ok

I personally blame Pardew mainly for our performances as a team and not so much the results, although that plays a huge part in determine the results. In short I can see we were very unlucky today and should have came away with a point but that performance as a team is still not good enough and a huge ongoing factor as to why we are losing games and down where we are. And that's Pardew's fault mainly as he is the one that sets the tone in terms of how he wants us to play, who he wants in the team and he is also the man who decides what happens during the game in regards to tactics, subs, decisions etc.

If Pardew was one of our players, he'd be Gabriel Obertan easily. Simply not good enough.

If Debuchy's our only hope of beating teams of the standard of Wigan Athletic, we might as well pull out of the Europa League now.

Without putting a downer on it, it will be a small miracle if we get past Benfica. On the upside the league will get full attention.

If Debuchy's our only hope of beating teams of the standard of Wigan Athletic, we might as well pull out of the Europa League now.

We have been doing fine without Debuchy in the Europa League daft lad.

I know but apparently we couldn't possibly have beaten the worst home team in England without him. ???

Don't think we'll have to wait to long judging by the dross being served up.

Guest icemanblue

Shit like this sums you up, like. You're a knowledgeable lad, why be such an over dramatic little girl? No one has said this.

Because we don't know how things would have panned out had Debuchy not gone off injured. We were the better team until then at which point we had to reshuffle the team twice in the first half. To me it looked like he had set us up right to start with. He's a poor manager but it's not like it's all his fault today by any stretch of the imagination. I don't think you can prepare to lose two full backs within the first half an hour.

Debuchy was playing well, not that we looked capable of taking any advantage from that.  We played some dangerous balls into the box like we have quite a bit since we brought our new signings in without getting anything from them.  We don't know how to attack as a team and that's unacceptable at this level and costly for us.

Shit like this sums you up, like. You're a knowledgeable lad, why be such an over dramatic little girl? No one has said this.

You said losing Debuchy was the reason we lost the foothold in the game.

Next season will be interesting, that's for sure.

Debate their significance as little or as much as you like; there surely can't possibly be as many excuses as there have been this.

Debuchy was playing well, not that we looked capable of taking any advantage from that.  We played some dangerous balls into the box like we have quite a bit since we brought our new signings in without getting anything from them.  We don't know how to attack as a team and that's unacceptable at this level and costly for us.

I am not defending Pardew and I agree with your last sentence. I just don't subscribe to this 'it was all Pardew's fault today as it always is' thing.

Guest Howaythetoon

I keep saying it but Pardew has won the lottery here with all these players he's been given. Next season there can be no excuses surely?!

s*** like this sums you up, like. You're a knowledgeable lad, why be such an over dramatic little girl? No one has said this.

What the hell are you complaining about, that was a perfectly logical post.

Debuchy going off injured today has nothing to do with the whole entire s*** season we have had.  Absolutely none, people need to understand that.

Debuchy being injured today has f*** all to do with the other ten outfield professional footballers we had out there who couldn't f***ing make 2-3 passes without ballsing it up.  None whatsoever.