Alan Pardew

Dave

We're 20 points behind this stage last season, 6 points behind the year before (when we changed managers halfway through) and only 4 points ahead of the relegation season. After 31 games; 80% of the way through.

Even accounting for all of the things that have been against Pardew this season, that's not nearly good enough.

It's not. At all. But, I don't think you'll find many who'd disagree.

It is what it is, and today hasn't changed that. My position is well known, but he still gets next year for me. One season of supposed massive over performance, one of massive under performance. I'd like to see what the mean is before a decision is made.

Depends if you think last season was over-performance I suppose. For me, with our players, it was about par.

Nee wonder you're never happy then if you think 5th is par.

Maybe that is the reason but I'd say bang in the middle of Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs and Everton is around about where we should be - some of those clubs have decent money, some have fuck all but they're all a similar level to us and none have mega money.

Where would you say our par is? What was below Liverpool? Swansea maybe, or Norwich, or Fulham? Of course 5th/6th is where we should be.

He did it for Blackburn and even won them a trophy.

Don't get me wrong Souness was f***ing dire but we play worse football under Pardew and look more clueless than we ever did under Souness. IMO of course!

I'm only looking at what they did here.

Watching this Pardew side is as painful as any NUFC sides I've seen and that includes the relegation season. He better take this survival lark seriously as I don't think I can survive another relegation.

Wise up Pards man and learn from your mistakes ffs!

Needs to jog on after full-time in the Arsenal game.

Guest neesy111

I wouldn't bother Mick, Inochi is the most pathetic person on here.

He's just got a different opinion and it doesn't make any difference what any of us think anyway, whatever is going to happen, will happen.

Well he said some fucking derogatory stuff about myself about words and fresh air which shows imo how pathetic he is.

Guest hobshobs

Worse manager than Souness.

Nee way like :lol:

Souness didn't have the quality of player that's been scouted for Pardew. It really is unbelievable that this squad isn't allowed to express itself. Stay up or not a lot of this talented skillful squad (I'm not including Ameobi or Obertan in this obviously) arn't going to want to play for a manager like this. They have built reputations that are fast being eroded.

We're 20 points behind this stage last season, 6 points behind the year before (when we changed managers halfway through) and only 4 points ahead of the relegation season. After 31 games; 80% of the way through.

Even accounting for all of the things that have been against Pardew this season, that's not nearly good enough.

It is what it is, and today hasn't changed that. My position is well known, but he still gets next year for me. One season of supposed massive over performance, one of massive under performance. I'd like to see what the mean is before a decision is made.

Depends if you think last season was over-performance I suppose. For me, with our players, it was about par.

I'd say it was slightly above par, on the face of it finishing above the likes of Liverpool and Chelsea was quite impressive and I'd say we did very well most of the season to get results when it mattered.  However, that is ignoring the fact that both Chelsea and Liverpool had shocking seasons in the league by their standards, that we definitely did have good luck with injuries on the whole considering our threadbare squad, and also that we didn't exactly play good football along the way.  I think we got quite lucky last year tbh, but fair play - I was proud of the results and league position if not most of the performances.

Guest icemanblue

Same here. I can see why people are losing their rag though, especially when they were convinced this was on the cards despite last season's results and laughed off the forum.

Next season needs to be miles better from everyone concerned, and by that I mean more than just the results. Pardew's got a long, secure contract and he's been here long enough now that we should be seeing some sort of vision for the club. We still go into games scared shitless of at least half the league IMO.

Besides not really understanding why people would place so much stock in what people on the Internet think of their opinions, I don't disagree with any of that.

He's just got a different opinion and it doesn't make any difference what any of us think anyway, whatever is going to happen, will happen.

Well he said some fucking derogatory stuff about myself about words and fresh air which shows imo how pathetic he is.

Give it a rest man, everyone knows.

Maybe that is the reason but I'd say bang in the middle of Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs and Everton is around about where we should be - some of those clubs have decent money, some have fuck all but they're all a similar level to us and none have mega money.

Where would you say our par is? What was below Liverpool? Swansea maybe, or Norwich, or Fulham? Of course 5th/6th is where we should be.

In and around Everton would be what I was hoping for at the season start and think is where we should be aiming for. We (and them) are miles behind Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool as clubs in terms of spend/draw/recent history. Albeit Everton are making a good fist of things this season and batting a little above average.

EDIT: also see IPs post.

I don't care about his CV, mate. I'll make my own judgement.

:lol:

?

Depends if you think last season was over-performance I suppose. For me, with our players, it was about par, maybe a little better than par but not a great deal.

Then I think you have very unrealistic expectations.

There was only Liverpool and Chelsea who unquestionably had a better squad than us and finished below us. Both massively under performing.

It was still a very good achievement like.

Guest neesy111

He got shit loads of plaudits last season, now he has to take all criticism on the chin if he can't he's not fit to be a football manager.

He does deserve every criticism this season, anyone defending him with the Europa League needs fucking shooting as our league record between december and january was at it's lowest point all season.

Next season is key, and I don't have much hope if I see his managerial record tbh.

Guest icemanblue

What are you on about, man?

?

I don't think you can ignore the past just because it wasn't with us, he has a history and he's repeating it here.  Even our good season was more down to results than performances.  You don't have to make every mistake possible in life, you can see others make them and learn from them.

Guest Dontooner

Same here. I can see why people are losing their rag though, especially when they were convinced this was on the cards despite last season's results and laughed off the forum.

Next season needs to be miles better from everyone concerned, and by that I mean more than just the results. Pardew's got a long, secure contract and he's been here long enough now that we should be seeing some sort of vision for the club. We still go into games scared shitless of at least half the league IMO.

I really can't see where the optimism is coming from, when the tell tale signs are in the performances.

I apologise but i have been on Pardew back even before we won at Manchester last season and was stilling crying fowl even when we won. We had some individual brilliance and battling grit but that was it. Without Ben Arfa we are not as expansive as a team, not saying that all of last season was a result of Arfa putting the strings however its a fact we are leaking goals this season and finding it hard to nick goals. Ben was a key reason to our creative spark and goals at the end of last season.

All in all performances are not improving and there are no signs of them. Its as good as praying for a billion dollars when no clear indications can be analyzed.   

I edited my post to say that maybe it was slightly above par given how poor Chelsea were but then again imo Arsenal and Spurs is the benchmark for where we should be atm - they are both similar sized clubs, as are Everton. Liverpool are too, despite their history. If we are not in amongst those four, then that is below par, and last season we were there. It was not over-achievement, if it was then we're talking one or two places, tops.

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't care who our manager is or who we have playing for us, a top 6 place should always be where we aim to be and not finishing in the top 6 should always be seen as failure. Not a disaster, but a failure all the same and something to be seriously disappointed with . Talking about a disaster... finishing 5th and with 7 games to go or so left of the following season, sitting just a few points off a relegation spot, having played turgid shit for the whole of the season is a fucking disaster.

What are you on about, man?

In and around Everton would be what I was hoping for at the season start and think is where we should be aiming for. We (and them) are miles behind Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool as clubs in terms of spend/draw/recent history. Albeit Everton are making a good fist of things this season and batting a little above average.

EDIT: also see IPs post.

I don't think our squad is significantly poorer than any of those four clubs and I think they'd all take at least half a dozen of our players if offered. Their managers blow ours out of the water however.

Guest icemanblue

?

I don't think you can ignore the past just because it wasn't with us, he has a history and he's repeating it here.  Even our good season was more down to results than performances.  You don't have to make every mistake possible in life, you can see others make them and learn from them.

Right, fair enough, you don't have to ignore it. I'm not pretending to not at least be aware of it, but I obviously don't think it has as much of a bearing on what wi happen here. I've made my judgements on him based on his time here, that won't change.

Guest bimpy474

We have some decent footballers who are playing absolute shite football and that is laid at the managers door.

For me it's not all about results, i can't stand that Fat Sam way of thinking. I want to see a team that plays great football and win at the same time. And it's most definitely possible with the players we have. But it isn't going to happen with this bloke as the manager.

Guest Howaythetoon

How long do we give him next season? First 10 games? 20? The full season? This season, our performances, him picking the likes of fucking Obertan is the real Alan Pardew, a lower league manager out of his depth.

Guest neesy111

How long do we give him next season? First 10 games? 20? The full season? This season, our performances, him picking the likes of fucking Obertan is the real Alan Pardew, a lower league manager out of his depth.

He has 1st 10 games next season for me.  We must be in top half by then imo and still in the league cup under normal circumstances.

Pardew on Radio Newcastle now;

Too many good players missing

No excuses

No pressure on Man Citeh today

Side unbalanced - James Perch on a yellow - Jonas not a left back

Should be stronger for Benfica/Fulham

Big lesson today - not good enough retaining possession and no pressing on the ball.

:spit:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think the football under Pardew's that bad on the whole that it's only vaguely acceptable when you're getting good results, because in a sense you can't really argue with it as everyone wants what's best for NUFC and that ultimately means winning games.  However, bad football and bad results is a horror combination and that's what we've had this year. 

That said, I am generally a big believer in playing well (as in expressively, without fear, with attacking intent and a gameplan to worry the opposition rather than worry about them) will generally yield results if you do it well enough.  The 2 things (performances and results) can and should go hand in hand.  That's been drummed into me as a philosophy since Keegan was manager, and then Robson had a similar outlook too.  I do fear it'll mean I'll rarely be happy as a Newcastle fan, it's fucking annoying. :lol: