Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest neesy111

Reading aside I'm still not seeing or hearing much discent from the crowd. Maybe it's because we've been winning at home recently.

Not this again.

What?

Because if there's no discent that you hear of near you at the match, then it's the same for the other 45k of regulars around the ground.  This myth got debunked at the Reading match itself actually.

Guest bimpy474

For him to pick Jonas for nearly every game this season, despite his clear lack of ability now. Shows him to be quite mental tbh.

Or not having any other real option.

I felt he did but i would now have to try to justify that with names, games and factual content.

Canny be arsed :lol:

Reading aside I'm still not seeing or hearing much discent from the crowd. Maybe it's because we've been winning at home recently.

Not this again.

What?

Because if there's no discent that you hear of near you at the match, then it's the same for the other 45k of regulars around the ground.

I'm unsure as to what your point is. Are you agreeing with me?

Our squad, sorted by appearances, just for the sake of the debate:

Player Apps Goals

Papiss Cissé 38 10

Davide Santon 36 1

etc

http://i49.tinypic.com/2zdyxrs.jpg

Not counting Ba for some reason.

Simpson and Williamson negate the quality in rest of the whole side. It really is that simple apparently.

(apart from when they were integral parts of the side that finished 5th)

Guest neesy111

Not this again.

What?

Because if there's no discent that you hear of near you at the match, then it's the same for the other 45k of regulars around the ground.

Nope.  No where near.

Just because people are not booing doesn't mean they are happy with Pardew etc.

Not this again.

What?

Nope.  No where near.

I genuinely have no idea what you mean then.

Are you hearing a crowd that's upset with pards in the way they were with fat Sam and souness?

For him to pick Jonas for nearly every game this season, despite his clear lack of ability now. Shows him to be quite mental tbh.

I felt he did but i would now have to try to justify that with names, games and factual content.

If Ben Arfa stayed fit I am confident Jonas would have gone the same way as Simpson and Williamson. He has been dropped for Ben Arfa before.

Marveaux just isn't a wide player. After that we are left with Obertan or Sammy (now on loan) or Ferguson (now on loan).

We really have fuck all options and it's why we need to sign a forward and winger in the summer as a priority (then a Colo replacement if he goes as expected).

I just think it's harsh to blame him for things he doesn't have much choice over.

I just think it's harsh to blame him for things he doesn't have much choice over.

We had Ba, Cisse, Ben Arfa and Cabaye starting for plenty of games at the start of the season and we still looked abhorrent.

Pardew had a lot of choice about shoehorning Ba and Cisse into a 442 for half of the season, if he'd stuck with the same front 3 as the back end of last year then there wouldn't have been much need to play Jonas most of the time.  And even if you did he'd be playing central, where he's clearly better.  Jonas is just as hopeless on the wing as Marveaux's been, he's just played 10 times as many times there and their strenths/weaknesses are in stark contrast, i.e. one is perveived to put a shift in when the other isn't.  Still don't see the sense of having him sat on the bench in favour of a far poorer player.

We had Ba, Cisse, Ben Arfa and Cabaye starting for plenty of games at the start of the season and we still looked abhorrent.

Ba was waited out wide and Cisse just wasn't scoring centrally but that's another argument that's been gone over plenty.

Guest bimpy474

If Ben Arfa stayed fit I am confident Jonas would have gone the same way as Simpson and Williamson. He has been dropped for Ben Arfa before.

Marveaux just isn't a wide player. After that we are left with Obertan or Sammy (now on loan) or Ferguson (now on loan).

We really have fuck all options and it's why we need to sign a forward and winger in the summer as a priority (then a Colo replacement if he goes as expected).

While correct i definitely feel using him on the left wing and creating absolutely nothing has been a real nutty decision.

I would have liked to have seen Fergie given a run of games there, not just in and out, it's not like he could have done worse than Jonas who creates nothing. Or played Marv but changed the system. Now this was beyond him i know. Instead of being so defensive and rigid. Play with a front 4 and let them play with freedom, to move and change positions.

Gone too far with those ridiculous thoughts haven't i.

Guest hobshobs

We really have f*** all options and it's why we need to sign a forward and winger in the summer as a priority (then a Colo replacement if he goes as expected).

Who chose to play Shola through the middle and push Cisse out to the wing on occasion this season?

Should we give Pardew times seems to be the question? How long does it take to work out that Shola Ameobi and Gabriel Obertan should be out of this club immediately. Shane Fergsuon is a better player than many at the club yet is out on loan to cover the manager's incompetence in Europe this season. Tiote should not be looked upon as the guy to pick the ball up off the back four and be the playmaker. Danny Simpson is garbage. When Hatem Ben Arfa has been out with a hamstring injury it isn't advisable to throw him back in as a centre forward on an astro pitch in freezing cold temperatures. I could go on and on but really can't be bothered. Pardew is an amateur. If Ashley had one of his managers at Sports Direct managing like Pardew or had staff performing to the level of Ameobi or Obertan they'd have been long gone.

Are you the guy who said we should appoint gazza?

Didn't say we should appoint Gazza. I said I would take Gazza ahead of Pardew and believe me I'd take anyone ahead of Pardew. You'd have to be a complete baffoon not to be able to do better than Pardew with this squad of players.

Do you work for the press by any chance? You seem quite good at twisting quotes to suit yourself.

You said you would 'quite happily appoint gazza'. Which makes it difficult to take anything you ever say again seriously.

Twisting quotes again. You've missed out the word 'if'. Must be The Sun or Mirror you're with.

How does the word 'if' make what you are saying ant less mental?

ant less mental??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Typo. So, gazza. You would happily appoint him 'if' pards was sacked. Is this what you're saying?

I think he's generalising anyone decent would be better, using Gazza to make his point was rather erm......daft.

I just wanted him to confirm it for the whole board to see.

Him? Why do you assume me to be a male Mr. ElliottMAN.

Shut the f*** up

You wouldn't say that to me if my husband was standing next to you my friend.

:lol:

If there's dissent at the match, people say others are cunts and disrupting the team. If not, people say others are clueless because the manager has majority support. Can't win basically.

Pardew's main weakness being away form helps him a lot. If the reverse was true, he'd have been gone long ago. Plenty clueless wankers justified Hughton's dismissal by saying he wasn't good enough at home (despite pasting the mackems and Villa and having just gone unbeaten all season)

We really have f*** all options and it's why we need to sign a forward and winger in the summer as a priority (then a Colo replacement if he goes as expected).

Who chose to play Shola through the middle and push Cisse out to the wing on occasion this season?

How many times did that happen?

Guest bimpy474

Once would be far too many tbh.

Guest hobshobs

I've spent the last hour arguing with you and now you're telling me you don't even go to the games?

I've spent the last hour arguing with you and now you're telling me you don't even go to the games?

Woah. I've clicked RTG by mistake.

Guest hobshobs

What?  ???

How many times did he play Shola through the middle with Cisse on the right?

Shola is the larger well built one. Cisse is the slighter of the two. I give up.

Guest bimpy474

Woah. I've clicked RTG by mistake.

Fuck off mag kernt.

Guest neesy111

What?  ???

How many times did he play Shola through the middle with Cisse on the right?

Once v Reading.  Well they did Swap around that game.