Alan Pardew

Dave

I think we'll lose a significant number of our best players in the summer as a result of his atrocious management.

After signing the new players, we needed to see a surge into the top eight to hold onto the likes of Cabaye. Even Stu thought we should have been looking to win every single game other than Man City. Now he's backpedalling at an incredible speed.

I think we'll lose a significant number of our best players in the summer as a result of his atrocious management.

After signing the new players, we needed to see a surge into the top eight to hold onto the likes of Cabaye. Even Stu thought we should have been looking to win every single game other than Man City. Now he's backpedalling at an incredible speed.

I don't see how you can think it will be a significant number. They're all still under contract, our recruitment in the last window didn't suggest we needed to sell anyone, our financial position is pretty good.

No doubt some players will be unhappy, but it's also their fault that we're doing so badly.

I don't see how you can think it will be a significant number. They're all still under contract, our recruitment in the last window didn't suggest we needed to sell anyone, our financial position is pretty good.

No doubt some players will be unhappy, but it's also their fault that we're doing so badly.

:lol:

Err. No it isn't Ian.

I still think most will look at it and give it another year to see which way it falls.

I think Cabaye and Ben Arfa will both go. They've both figured out that our football holds them both back and neither want to play negatively or with long balls.

The only thing that might hold Ben Arfa here is fitness concerns.

Guest icemanblue

I still think most will look at it and give it another year to see which way it falls.

I think Cabaye and Ben Arfa will both go. They've both figured out that our football holds them both back and neither want to play negatively or with long balls.

Where on earth is this information coming from, like?

and your basing this on just a dislike for Pardew?

and your basing this on just a dislike for Pardew?

Eh? What the hell are you talking about?

Why would players like that want to stay and play a negative game for a team that will be competing to stay up again?

This all assumes we'll stay up like, which I don't think is the case.

It's not the fault of the players that we're playing badly?

Attacking players being asked to play an incredibly negative game? Of course it's not.

What about giving the ball away far too easily? Unable to play three/four yard passes at times.

Could it be they arent as good as we think they are? Just playing devils advocate.

Guest neesy111

Attacking players being asked to play an incredibly negative game? Of course it's not.

What about giving the ball away far too easily? Unable to play three/four yard passes at times.

Could it be they arent as good as we think they are? Just playing devils advocate.

So what is being done to rectify that apart from a 22M bailout to buy new players in January?

What's the point in a manager then? Presumably it's confidence that Alex Ferguson has won, what, ten titles?

He just happens to have had the best players every time and anyone could have done it?

The manager is by far and away the most important person at a football club. His job is to get the players to perform. I can't believe I'm having to explain this.

ah so its based on relentless negativity

theres been zero proof that any of the players are in any way looking to get out (colo aside which is a different matter altogether) and besides Ashley isn't exactly just going to let them go

I'm sure players on long term contracts will pack up and leave because they are pissed with Pardew  :rolleyes:

wullie has a point like, the key factor being that they'll be in demand...plenty of clubs with more money than us will want cabaye and HBA (if he can stay fit) and as they're already as rich as fuck when you're a footballer what else does it come down to?  enjoying your football

if you're a creative player like those two who've had the shackles on them for so long and an offer comes to move to a team that actually play football they may want to take it

i'm not saying they'll go in the summer, just that there's logic to what wullie says

ah so its based on relentless negativity

theres been zero proof that any of the players are in any way looking to get out (colo aside which is a different matter altogether) and besides Ashley isn't exactly just going to let them go

It's based on that they'll want to play for teams that aren't battling relegation. Or do you think that's their level?