Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest Slippery Sam

What about the De Jong chap he wanted to sign? What type of forward is he? Is he a quick silver who would make runs for a Ben Arfa or Cab pass, or a hoof the ball up to type?

tbh this is starting to look like the Roeder era. Superb first season that leaved us with an exiting summer and start of the new season. But instead of improving a already good playing side it got worse and worse. And it wasn´t even the tactics. The players looked unfit and got individually worse and worse.

I´m not only questioning the tactics. I´m also starting to questioning the fitness and individually coaching. The players just don´t look up for it like last year. A lot of the seems unfit and a lot of them is individually playing poorly, the same syndrome as under Roeder.

Maybe this is completely wrong. But this is what I feel and tbh I´m starting to think this is true. I just can´t understand how hard it is to get a good coach that will get you play some good football. If we won´t win the league anyway. Way can´t we just do it with good football like the last 10 games last season?

I will never get over the fact that Pardew has gone from the 4-3-3 we played for this. He has definitely shown what kind of coach he is.

The long-ball tactic is being mentioned all over now, even by opposition players.

It's dreadful to watch and an insult to many of our very gifted players. Today however was a special match and it might have helped us to contain them. But the penny really has to drop for him. Cabaye and Ben Arfa are wasted and when Shola is the better option to Cissé, he has to take a look at the bigger picture here.

I wouldn't have a problem with it if it actually suited the players we have but fact is it doesn't.

tbh this is starting to look like the Roeder era. Superb first season that leaved us with an exiting summer and start of the new season. But instead of improving a already good playing side it got worse and worse. And it wasn´t even the tactics. The players looked unfit and got individually worse and worse.

I´m not only questioning the tactics. I´m also starting to questioning the fitness and individually coaching. The players just don´t look up for it like last year. A lot of the seems unfit and a lot of them is individually playing poorly, the same syndrome as under Roeder.

Maybe this is completely wrong. But this is what I feel and tbh I´m starting to think this is true. I just can´t understand how hard it is to get a good coach that will get you play some good football. If we won´t win the league anyway. Way can´t we just do it with good football like the last 10 games last season?

I will never get over the fact that Pardew has gone from the 4-3-3 we played for this. He has definitely shown what kind of coach he is.

Roeder? :lol: Shut up man.

tbh this is starting to look like the Roeder era. Superb first season that leaved us with an exiting summer and start of the new season. But instead of improving a already good playing side it got worse and worse.

Ignoring the obvious, it should be pointed out that Pardew has done a good job for almost 2 years. Roeder only had a good 3 months at the end of 05-06 to speak.

Basically a redundant comparison whichever way you look at it.

Guest Chubby Jason

tbh this is starting to look like the Roeder era. Superb first season that leaved us with an exiting summer and start of the new season. But instead of improving a already good playing side it got worse and worse.

Ignoring the obvious, it should be pointed out that Pardew has done a good job for almost 2 years. Roeder only had a good 3 months at the end of 05-06 to speak.

Basically a redundant comparison whichever way you look at it.

Plus Roeder had Lee Bowyer at his disposal so he really should have been finishing top 4 at least with that maestro in his midfield. Is that what inspired your Bowyer4Eva user name? :lol:

http://ncsustudyabroad.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/11-21picture-5.jpg?w=540&h=405

Guest Chubby Jason

Actually, he didn't. Bowyer left in the summer of 2006 before Roeder started his first season as permanent manager.

He was there when we finished 7th though.

Guest Chubby Jason

Seriously though, why did you name yourself "Bowyer4Eva1986"? It's quite a jump in class of player to go from Lee Bowyer to Ronaldo isn't it?

People like you are a fucking embarrassment to this forum.

You're a f***ing embarrassment to this forum.

:clap: knee-jerker with no analytic capacity or balanced judgement

People like you are a fucking embarrassment to this forum.

He's on here for a wind up (along with a few others). No way is he a Newcastle fan.

I don't think you can really draw any conclusions on him from that game.  A local derby, down to ten men for the majority of the game, it's too much of an anomalous situation.  I did think bringing Obertan on for HBA was a mistake, I would have preferred to see Anita but ho hum.

I am still a little concerned about the football we're playing so far this season.  When we're playing 442 the midfield is sitting very deep and leaving the attack isolated.  That huge gap between our lines means that we don't have many options to play the ball around in the middle and resort to lumping it forward.  Whether this is deliberate and from the manager's instructions or a natural result of Cabaye and Tiote (or whoever is playing CM) often being outnumbered in the centre I don't know.

I don't think we get the best out of Jonas having him play wide, he just doesn't offer enough out there.  Ben Arfa also plays better when he's pushed further up the pitch and has more license to come central and look for the ball.  Having Benny free to roam around in the attack gives our midfield another option and a natural out ball along the floor to a player who has the skill and talent to keep it until support arrives. 

Cabaye is a great passer of the ball and has excellent vision but when he plays so deep he lacks options and is unable to use his range of passing to open up the opposition defence.  If he's in our own half when he receives the ball then it's too much to ask for him to thread a decent ball into the forwards or out wide from there, you end up trying to play hollywood balls.

That's all my opinion anyway, i'm sure others will see it differently but that's the beauty of the game. :)

Your taking a narrow perspective to make a point. We've had a hectic schedule and key players out. We're doing OK as things stand and should kick on from here.

I'm taking a narrow perspective?  You mentioned the teams and I told you how we've compared this season to last.  Why do you think we’ll all of a sudden improve over what we’ve been doing so far.  Teams always have injuries and we're no exception to that, we also had injuries last season and still managed to get results.

Absolutely right Mick we'll have plenty more injuries and suspensions to cope with, as will all teams. 

I thought your perpective was narrow primarily because you compared results last season to this season on just a small handfull of games (8 pts last season vs 5 points this). Those few games you were comparing included last season's wins away at Chelsea and home to Man U. Nice as they were there is no way we going to do that regularly.

I think we'll start kicking on and may even have a nice European adventure along the way. You don't seem to think so. Time will tell.