Alan Pardew

Dave

I'm sure Redknapp turned us down at some point in the past, or am I remembering incorrectly?

I wouldn't want him for that reason alone, as if he came now it would be for him, not for us. It would be the managerial equivalent of signing Nicky Butt or Michael Owen. No thanks.

Plus he's an abhorrent shitstain of a cunt.

Think the players just weren't fired up for this, so it's no fault of Pardew in my opinion.

What? :lol:

We weren't clinical  in front of goal and they were. What tactics would you have employed chris?

I watched Barcelona in the CL semis, wanting to see how a good team sets itself up. Now I know we don't have the players Barca do, but Sunderland are not exactly PSG either and the aim is the same either way, or should be: Try to score goals.

So anyway, EVERY time Barcelona attacked, they had six men ahead of or trying to get ahead of the ball. Normally at least 2 or 3 in the box increasing as they get close to the opposition goal. Contrast that to us. We attack with Cisse, Sissoko and Goufran. Everyone else sits back for the majority of the time. We don't need 2 holding midfielders ffs. That's crazy. We need 1. Cabaye is completely hamstrung by playing there, he should be further up.

We play to deep. We defend the edge of the box, sometimes inside of it. That invites pressure on us. We should be pushing the back 4 higher up which in turn pushes the midfielders closer to the attackers and gives the opposition less space to play in. Yes, that means teams can play in behind us but we're over-cautious to the point of stupidity.

We need to spend less time worrying about the opposition and more time making them worry about us. Perversely, that will almost certainly mean we concede FEWER goals as we'll not be on the back foot all the time.

We never attack with more than 3 players unless a full back has overlapped. It's my main bugbear. Defending sides just find it too easy to nullify that kind of static - safety first approach.

Looking at some of his reactions on the touchline, he is so emotional at times, just like a supporter.

The 'real' managers, like Mourinho, Fergie and co, they are so much calmer and seem as like they know what they're doing.

Argument invalid because their manager was no different, if not moreso.

Yeah, but in a different way. He tried to 'guide' his team all 90 minutes. He celebrated the goal very emotional but he didn't react like a clueless child when they missed a chance or so.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Who could we get? Blanc would be up there and available now. If we got an interim/limped over the line with Pardew now, Garcia from Lille in the summer? Think we'd be a sideways step for someone like Moyes. Not sure who over here I'd want....pains to say it but if QPR go down, would Harry come?

My gut feeling says Harry would be a massive disappointment if he did. Someone fresh (if not proven) would be my preference.    Rednapp would think  he would fall off the end off the world coming this far north.  He's too much of a southerner for us.

Looking at some of his reactions on the touchline, he is so emotional at times, just like a supporter.

The 'real' managers, like Mourinho, Fergie and co, they are so much calmer and seem as like they know what they're doing.

Yeah, but in a different way. He tried to 'guide' his team all 90 minutes. He celebrated the goal very emotional but he didn't react like a clueless child when they missed a chance or so.

I really don't think I'd use the words "Mourinho" and "calm" in the same sentence.

Think the players just weren't fired up for this, so it's no fault of Pardew in my opinion.

We weren't clinical  in front of goal and they were. What tactics would you have employed chris?

I watched Barcelona in the CL semis, wanting to see how a good team sets itself up. Now I know we don't have the players Barca do, but Sunderland are not exactly PSG either and the aim is the same either way, or should be: Try to score goals.

So anyway, EVERY time Barcelona attacked, they had six men ahead of or trying to get ahead of the ball. Normally at least 2 or 3 in the box increasing as they get close to the opposition goal. Contrast that to us. We attack with Cisse, Sissoko and Goufran. Everyone else sits back for the majority of the time. We don't need 2 holding midfielders ffs. That's crazy. We need 1. Cabaye is completely hamstrung by playing there, he should be further up.

We play to deep. We defend the edge of the box, sometimes inside of it. That invites pressure on us. We should be pushing the back 4 higher up which in turn pushes the midfielders closer to the attackers and gives the opposition less space to play in. Yes, that means teams can play in behind us but we're over-cautious to the point of stupidity.

We need to spend less time worrying about the opposition and more time making them worry about us. Perversely, that will almost certainly mean we concede FEWER goals as we'll not be on the back foot all the time.

We never attack with more than 3 players unless a full back has overlapped. It's my main bugbear. Defending sides just find it too easy to nullify that kind of static - safety first approach.

And Cisse is usally by himself with two or 3 players around him.

One thing DiCanio said about 10 days ago and the first fix was their habit of sitting deep (MON). When we did push them back he was jumping and fuming on the touchline getting them to step up the park.

From Caulkin via twitter

Pardew: "We’re under no illusions about our responsibility to our fans and we’ve let them down today, 100 per cent." #Nufc

Time to resign then.

Can't we all just have a good cry together without going through the whole "I wanted him sacked before you did, hah!" routine?

This to be honest. Last thing we all need after a result like that is the 'I told you so's' joyously dancing on their keyboards.

Aye it's bollocks it's as if some people are pleased to be proven right. Has to go now.

f*** off with this s***, people have been saying get rid for months and had loads of abuse and snide comments, now those pricks are saying get rid I've had enough, well f*** me some were at this stage ages ago, not their fault people are too f***ing thick to realise where we are going under this fraud.

If anything these mugs should be apologising.

Fuck off man. There was nowt the matter with people being prepared to give him a chance to turn things around after what happened last season. That was the final straw though, no coming back from that.

And Cisse is usally by himself with two or 3 players around him.

He's normall ahead of those three players tbf. ;) :lol:

From Caulkin via twitter

Pardew: "We’re under no illusions about our responsibility to our fans and we’ve let them down today, 100 per cent." #Nufc

Tantamount to "I didn't mean to sleep with her, promise I won't do it again though, I know I was in the wrong :(".

Guest Howaythetoon

Can't we all just have a good cry together without going through the whole "I wanted him sacked before you did, hah!" routine?

This to be honest. Last thing we all need after a result like that is the 'I told you so's' joyously dancing on their keyboards.

Aye it's bollocks it's as if some people are pleased to be proven right. Has to go now.

f*** off with this s***, people have been saying get rid for months and had loads of abuse and snide comments, now those pricks are saying get rid I've had enough, well f*** me some were at this stage ages ago, not their fault people are too f***ing thick to realise where we are going under this fraud.

If anything these mugs should be apologising.

Agreed. He was good enough after the final whistle went on Thursday but now he isn't? :lol: Talk about f***ing fickle.

Myself and many others have taken s*** for our comments. f***ing stick with your man til the bitter end you greasy f***ing turncoats.

As for Pardew...

We play long ball in the first half so after the break he brings Shola on and we stop playing long ball?! Pardew logic :lol:

Cabaye was playing alongside Taylor for most of the game too.

He is taking us down, honestly we are going to be relegated!

Bollocks.

Complete bollocks, considering some of the holier than thou sneering we've been putting up with for over a YEAR now.

If you thought this guy was good at his job you were fooled, drink your fucking medicine.

Are we actually using the emotion he displays on the touchline as a negative now?  If so use a better example than Ferguson and Mourinho. 

On that note, I don't know any top managers called Alan.  Get rid.

I really don't think I'd use the words "Mourinho" and "calm" in the same sentence.

Mourinho also guides his players through matches, especially the difficult (CL) matches.

He just gets very emotional when the situation demands it. (Like vs. Barca with Inter back in 2010, or this season against BVB).

Are we actually using the emotion he displays on the touchline as a negative now?  If so use a better example than Ferguson and Mourinho. 

On that note, I don't know any top managers called Alan.  Get rid.

No, but I was just thinking that he looks like he does not know at all how to change and affect the game while standing there.

Wonder what are the odds of Moyes leaving Everton and ending-up here for the start of next season?

I'm not the biggest fan of the kind of football that Everton play, but still.... can't argue with the job that he's done there.

Very, very low? :lol:

Eh? Why not? He might not be signing a new contract at Everton and MA could easily do to Pardew what he did to Hughton; especially if the stories of MA's "ruthless streak" is all true.

I mean obviously he'd be a fantastic appointment but surely he'd have better offers and might be put off by Ashley's reputation (which is probably a bit unfairly negative at this point.)

We're a club that constantly look for value for money in cheaper markets abroad... and he's a manger that has proven to produce results by operating on lower budgets. (Except for 2-4 signings, e,i - Fellaini)

I don't see Moyes being a bad fit, from transfers perspective anyway.

If he isn't gone by July we're in trouble, like. Like some of the cheap and cheerful crap on the pitch he's moreso a symptom than a curse but he needs cutting out.

I assume you meant cause but curse is just as good  :lol:. Agree with the sentiment either way. We will stay up by the skin of our teeth, in spite of him, not because of.