Alan Pardew

Dave

It's not even tactical, this goes back to training. Look like total strangers. We have no identity. We don't impose ourselves, our game on the opposition. No patterns of play, nothing.

That's why it's so easy for us to chop and change, we have no "natural" way of playing.

WTF Shola Ameobi is doing defending in the box in open play I don't know. What was Shola's role today? Does it play to his strengths? Does it really benefit the team?

Genuinely quite bored now.

Bored of the same performances. Bored of being bored on a Sunday. Bored of making the same posts on this forum even.

I've always thought Pardew was an average manager. After almost two seasons, I've re-assessed. He's actually below average on the evidence available.

Outplayed at home by Norwich, Aston Villa and West Brom - all teams with vastly inferior personnel resources. A marked intention to eke out victories rather than batter teams where possible.

We correctly take the piss out of Martin O'Neill for playing such dour football, but at least he has an excuse. He has mediocre resources (Cattermole, Bardsley, Colback, McClean and Larsson).

We have Demba Ba, Hatem Ben Arfa, Papiss Cisse, Fabricio Coloccini, Tim Krul, Yohan Cabaye and Cheick Tiote in our spine.

Maybe we as NUFC fans do over-rate the above selection (our star players, I suppose) but even the most saturnine and level-headed Newcastle fan (or neutral for that matter) will tell you our individuals are far better than what Norwich, Villa etc can currently offer.

I was watching the Everton vs Liverpool match earlier, and was dreading 3pm because I was enjoying watching a football match and I knew that would soon end once I turned over.

I enjoy watching pretty much every team in this league play apart from Sunderland and Stoke - even West Ham somehow entertain me (they don't sit on 1-0 leads when they're in a dominant position for a start). Swansea, Fulham, WBA and Everton put us to shame especially.

Pardew remains, despite his manager of the year award and our fifth place finish, a bit of a joke as a manager. A glorified PR-man and very much part of the Ashley regime. Such a waste of our squad talents, and though some luck has returned today with the three points, would not blame any of our star players to be itching for January.

That's a little strong like, but this season has been boring because of the poor football we have displayed and some poor decisions/tactics from Pardew.

We managed to have that great run at the end of last season where we really looked good and played fluid, unless we go a whole season playing like we are now then I believe we will get it back again. Jury is out on whether we can maintain it or improve it though.

Genuinely quite bored now.

Bored of the same performances. Bored of being bored on a Sunday. Bored of making the same posts on this forum even.

I've always thought Pardew was an average manager. After almost two seasons, I've re-assessed. He's actually below average on the evidence available.

Outplayed at home by Norwich, Aston Villa and West Brom - all teams with vastly inferior personnel resources. A marked intention to eke out victories rather than batter teams where possible.

We correctly take the p*ss out of Martin O'Neill for playing such dour football, but at least he has an excuse. He has mediocre resources (Cattermole, Bardsley, Colback, McClean and Larsson).

We have Demba Ba, Hatem Ben Arfa, Papiss Cisse, Fabricio Coloccini, Tim Krul, Yohan Cabaye and Cheick Tiote in our spine.

Maybe we as NUFC fans do over-rate the above selection (our star players, I suppose) but even the most saturnine and level-headed Newcastle fan (or neutral for that matter) will tell you our individuals are far better than what Norwich, Villa etc can currently offer.

I was watching the Everton vs Liverpool match earlier, and was dreading 3pm because I was enjoying watching a football match and I knew that would soon end once I turned over.

I enjoy watching pretty much every team in this league play apart from Sunderland and Stoke - even West Ham somehow entertain me (they don't sit on 1-0 leads when they're in a dominant position for a start). Swansea, Fulham, WBA and Everton put us to shame especially.

Pardew remains, despite his manager of the year award and our fifth place finish, a bit of a joke as a manager. A glorified PR-man and very much part of the Ashley regime. Such a waste of our squad talents, and though some luck has returned today with the three points, would not blame any of our star players to be itching for January.

Stuff like this is so ridiculously OTT. You wonder why we get through managers, put all our previous positives down to fluke & focus on negatives. We didnt do great today & we dont look fluid, 4-3-3 looked better first half etc but give him time regardless before making statements like that man. Everton wouldnt have Moyes if everyone reacted like that to periods of poor performances.

It's not even tactical, this goes back to training. Look like total strangers. We have no identity. We don't impose ourselves, our game on the opposition. No patterns of play, nothing.

That's why it's so easy for us to chop and change, we have no "natural" way of playing.

WTF Shola Ameobi is doing defending in the box in open play I don't know. What was Shola's role today? Does it play to his strengths? Does it really benefit the team?

I agree that it's not tactical. These are mostly the same tactics as last year.

For some reason people look unfit and uncoordinated. It feels like pre-season. It's inexplicable and frustrating.

Well he isn't a 'joke' of a manger, so i'd agree with Jayson there.

He's getting shit wrong on a weekly basis at the moment though. It's absolutely tragic because we've seen him make big decisions that have paid off. I don't know what the fuck's going on with him. That second half was an absolute embarrassment.

Holy f***, Jayson disagreeing with the vast, vast majority.

You honestly agree with a statement saying Pardews now a joke? Im bloody sad if thats now our fans viewpoint after a poor start. And people were amazed hes our 3rd longest serving manager in recent times  :lol: Whats amazing about it?

You honestly agree with a statement saying Pardews now a joke? Im bloody sad if thats now our fans viewpoint after a poor start. And people were amazed hes our 3rd longest serving manager in recent times  :lol: Whats amazing about it?

I'm not arguing with someone who doesn't appear to have eyes.

Eh? How is that reply relevant to writing off a manager due to a run of poor performances after a season of results? Class reply.

Guest Dontooner

I agree that it's not tactical. These are mostly the same tactics as last year.

For some reason people look unfit and uncoordinated. It feels like pre-season. It's inexplicable and frustrating.

Its exactly the same old, just that we held on to wins when we score last season. We are just leaking more this season, most of our goals still come from individual brilliance and crosses. Its not like we opened up teams every now and then..no evidence of that last season as well apart from Ben Arfa Solo runs

He's bang-on tbh. Pardew's a loss away from 'Pardew Out' threads at the moment, which would be ridiculous and over-the-top.

Not denying that he really needs to re-evaluate his management this year, because there's been numerous occasions this season where he's done something wrong.

Hope he owns up to his shit tactics.

He'll say WBA are a good side who worked hard that we're tired from Euro and no preperation and our 'spirit' got us through. There will be absolutely no mention of tactics.

Well he isn't a 'joke' of a manger, so i'd agree with Jayson there.

He's getting shit wrong on a weekly basis at the moment though. It's absolutely tragic because we've seen him make big decisions that have paid off. I don't know what the fuck's going on with him. That second half was an absolute embarrassment.

He's a joke in the sense that he talks a completely different game to what happens on the pitch, as if he has something to hide.

It does seem a bit harsh calling him that but at the same time the football being served up is - on the whole - absolutely crap, and I'm bored of watching it.

Eh? How is that reply relevant to writing off a manager due to a run of poor performances after a season of results? Class reply.

You have a track record of completely disregarding what every fucker is seeing on the pitch, that's what I'm getting at.  What did you think of today's performance?

Remember, there were times when Sir Alex Ferguson was on the brink of getting sacked at Man Utd. Keep Pardew, keep stability. We'll get on our run this season, at least it was 4-3-3 at times today.

No, it was 4-5-1 because to be effective in a 4-3-3 you need players on the opposite flanks to their strongest foot.

To play 4-4-2, you need players on the same flank as their strongest foot.

Until Pardew realises this, we're going to continue to look utterly shit, fail to build coherent attacks, fail to worry the opposition, stall our own progress by being unable to get the ball into the box early in a 4-4-2 or fail to be able to threaten to cut inside and shoot in a 4-3-3.

I don't mind whether we play 4-4-2 or 4-3-3, that's for Pardew as manager to decide, but he simply has to have the right players on the right sides of the pitch. I'm as bored of saying it as you all are of reading it, but I'll not stop until everyone's so sick of me saying it that the next one of you to bump into Pardew in a car park or supermarket will grab him by the collar and beg him to sort this shit out.

And at fullback, Santon must play on the right if we're going 4-4-2 so he can overlap with the winger. I don't care who plays on the left, until we can buy a leftie put Simpson there for now. He's solid defensively but all he does going forward is get the ball, shit himself with terror, turn 120 degrees inside and pass it back to Williamson or Coloccini. I'm sure he's equally as capable of doing this from the left flank, so we'll lose nothing there but gain massively in a 4-4-2 from having a competent, attacking winger who can bomb forward and get crosses in as well.

Remember, there were times when Sir Alex Ferguson was on the brink of getting sacked at Man Utd. Keep Pardew, keep stability. We'll get on our run this season, at least it was 4-3-3 at times today.

No, it was 4-5-1 because to be effective in a 4-3-3 you need players on the opposite flanks to their strongest foot.

To play 4-4-2, you need players on the same flank as their strongest foot.

Until Pardew realises this, we're going to continue to look utterly shit, fail to build coherent attacks, fail to worry the opposition, stall our own progress by being unable to get the ball into the box early in a 4-4-2 or fail to be able to threaten to cut inside and shoot in a 4-3-3.

I don't mind whether we play 4-4-2 or 4-3-3, that's for Pardew as manager to decide, but he simply has to have the right players on the right sides of the pitch. I'm as bored of saying it as you all are of reading it, but I'll not stop until everyone's so sick of me saying it that the next one of you to bump into Pardew in a car park or supermarket will grab him by the collar and beg him to sort this shit out.

And at fullback, Santon must play on the right if we're going 4-4-2 so he can overlap with the winger. I don't care who plays on the left, until we can buy a leftie put Simpson there for now. He's solid defensively but all he does going forward is get the ball, shit himself with terror, turn 120 degrees inside and pass it back to Williamson or Coloccini. I'm sure he's equally as capable of doing this from the left flank, so we'll lose nothing there but gain massively in a 4-4-2 from having a competent, attacking winger who can bomb forward and get crosses in as well.

:lol: Smashing again.

I don't want to criticize Pardew because of the job he's done for us up until August. We proved last season we're a decent side but this dull as dishwater 442 and the negativity that comes with it is entirely Pardews fault.

I've set sky+ to record MOTD2 tonight just so i can hear what he has to say for himself.