Alan Pardew

Dave

Yep, that much is obvious. I hope he knows what a fucking mare he had in that second half.

The line-up was disappointing, but he can feel vindicated by the Shola assist. Cisse's out of form and maybe the bench treatment can give him a kick up the arse in the same way it did for Ba. You can't really lay into Pardew for starting Shola because the decision came off, whether you like it or not.

But that second half was just a complete and utter mess, and the lack of attacking cohesion was visible throughout the entirety of the game (and the season). If we sort out our movement and teamwork moving forward, we can be a good team again. That means addressing the imbalance in the side. It means putting faith in his defenders and letting our better players move forward. It means returning Ba, HBA and Cisse to their most dangerous positions.

We're not a lost cause by any stretch of the imagination, but we're as high in the table as we are because of certain players - not the manager. He is holding us back as a unit at the moment. But he's earnt some patience.

The Shola assist could have been made by anybody playing in that position, it wasn't dependant on Shola

Come on, you've watched us punt balls at Cisse's head all season. He would not have provided an assist.

Guest palnese

Work on passing and moving in training please. Our slow build ups and then rely on HBA to something are painful to watch.

They players must be instructed to stay in position. The first thing you learn as a kid is that after a pass you move into space, ready to recive the ball again.

It's so, so easy, yet we don't do it at all.

The Shola assist could have been made by anybody playing in that position, it wasn't dependant on Shola

Like it or not Shola's been winning those headers all his career, he's done it with Shearer and all the strikers we've had since then. It's one thing he does right.

Actually, I'll make one more comment. The amount of easy misplaced passes and nothin hoofs today made me feel sick. Honestly was so angry all match. When we scored I went mad but I'm still so disappointed. If that's what we have to look forward to.....mare

exactly, the players were not looking for each other because they so stuck in that hoof ball mentality.

the hoof ball mentality of keeping your shape which in our case is each player staying as far apart from one another as possible.  so when we do get the ball hoof it long as we have no one close to pass to.

Guest hydeous

The one moment of the game when Sammy was standing with no support whatsoever sums it up for me. No movement, everyone expected him to hoof it. Bad game, did not enjoy that. I will enjoy the 3 points though.

Work on passing and moving in training please. Our slow build ups and then rely on HBA to something are painful to watch.

You think our internationls don't know how to pass and move?

Seemingly not watching them on a regular basis.

The one moment of the game when Sammy was standing with no support whatsoever sums it up for me. No movement, everyone expected him to hoof it. Bad game, did not enjoy that. I will enjoy the 3 points though.

Aye, mentioned it in the match thread. Was horrendous that.