Alan Pardew

Dave

If you have small technical players, you must know how to use them. I don't think Pardew has anywhere near the knowledge to coach our players in the european style of football.

There's nothing wrong with a more direct play. It can be equally exciting and just as effective.

The squads stuck in no mans land at the moment. Pardews basically been found out.

In more advanced persons, I don't think physicality matters. However, in Anita's role, you either have to be technically very sound and quick in possession, or strong. You wouldn't notice him getting brushed off the ball as much if he guarded it better or had a sounder touch. Should definitely look to either add weight sessions into his training or just give up on him tbh.

Guest Dontooner

Football being evolving and especially the EPL has being changing quite a bit. Managers like Hughes and MON seem to be obsolete with their dino tactics. Only a handful of teams still play physical and percentage football. Unfortunately we are one of them.

We need to keep up with the times , there was computers then the internet ..

Newcastle need to move forward as well , the truth of the matter if flair players are in possession teams they will instantly look better. Play at their talents not the opposite.

Anita was never suppose to be a destroyer more like a pass and move holding midfielder, a increase of movement in our midfield will make him a completely different player.

For a midfilder, quick feet is a great asset. Quick to control the ball and move it on under pressure, quick feet to get a toe in and disrupt the opponent with the ball. Anita doesn't need get his shoulder and hips in, just needs the confidence to get a toe in a nick the ball. He needs to work on his timing for that. More than anything he needs confidence and plentyof practice (game time). Players like Iniesta and Xavi are well good enough to get a foot in and touch the ball. Don't need to go crashing into anyone. If we want players to smash into people, we've got them, Tiote, Sissoko and Perch. 3 who are happy to go shoulder to shoulder (first 2) and Perch isn't actually bad art going to the floor but getting the ball. Anita needs to find a another way.

Maybe if we'd had a better season we'd have seen more of him. As it is, our season has been awful and he has struggled. Understandable from him and also understandable that Pardew would choose other options that he knows has worked in the past. Pardew has been under pressure from about September. Hardly conducive to letting a guy find his feet. We'll see how next season goes.

Guest icemanblue

Argh, man, come on. That's not what I'm saying. No, you don't need to be an entirely 'physical' player to succeed, but you do require at least enough strength to compete. So far, he hasn't shown that, for me.

I wanna get physicaaaaaal, LET'S GET INTO PHYSICAL!

Ashley Young? I'm not sure how suddenly Anita is constantly brushed off the ball? Its another "Cabaye hasn't got any stamina" myths. imo. Anita seemed to do okay at Ajax, he's made a pretty decent career out of it. Suddenly he's at Newcastle and he's "weak, can't compete physically".

The premier league now is not the premier league of the 90s. Whilst the physical CB still exists, the league is not "blood and thunder" anymore. Tiote's pretty strong right? seen him get knocked off the ball a few times.

It's not sudden, like, it's been that way since the start of the season. If you haven't noticed that, then I don't really know what to say.

:lol:I've seen him get knocked off the ball, yes. Is he piss weak, and unable to hold onto the ball. Absolutely not. This is a ridiculous discussion. As I've pointed out he did okay at Ajax, a far greater club than ours. There are physical players in the dutch league you know?

:anguish: I'm done, thanks.

:lol: Aye, howay lads there's been nowhere near enough Pardew-bashing in this last couple of pages!

Are we fighting agains relegation because Vurnon Anita isn't physical enough?  No, move on.

Guest icemanblue

Argh, man, come on. That's not what I'm saying. No, you don't need to be an entirely 'physical' player to succeed, but you do require at least enough strength to compete. So far, he hasn't shown that, for me.

Ashley Young? I'm not sure how suddenly Anita is constantly brushed off the ball? Its another "Cabaye hasn't got any stamina" myths. imo. Anita seemed to do okay at Ajax, he's made a pretty decent career out of it. Suddenly he's at Newcastle and he's "weak, can't compete physically".

The premier league now is not the premier league of the 90s. Whilst the physical CB still exists, the league is not "blood and thunder" anymore. Tiote's pretty strong right? seen him get knocked off the ball a few times.

It's not sudden, like, it's been that way since the start of the season. If you haven't noticed that, then I don't really know what to say.

:lol:I've seen him get knocked off the ball, yes. Is he p*ss weak, and unable to hold onto the ball. Absolutely not. This is a ridiculous discussion. As I've pointed out he did okay at Ajax, a far greater club than ours. There are physical players in the dutch league you know?

Great, cheers for the discussion. Remind me not to bother trying to discuss anything with an utter bell like yourself again.

:lol: Nice guy.

:lol: Aye, howay lads there's been nowhere near enough Pardew-bashing in this last couple of pages!

Are we fighting agains relegation because Vurnon Anita isn't physical enough?  No, move on.

No we are fighting relegation clearly because we don't have enough strong players like jonas that dont get brushed off the ball like. Lol

In more advanced persons, I don't think physicality matters. However, in Anita's role, you either have to be technically very sound and quick in possession, or strong. You wouldn't notice him getting brushed off the ball as much if he guarded it better or had a sounder touch. Should definitely look to either add weight sessions into his training or just give up on him tbh.

Pretty sure Ajax will have taught him well. Leon Brittan does alright? Joe Allen? Technially better than Anita. I'd say not

Actuallu think he's 1st touch has been often a bit heavy. Put that down to confidence.

Just mentioned in the Tiote thread, I think the reason Anita is struggling is there's just no movement for him when he's on the ball, which for a player from the Ajax academy must be pretty bewildering. Pardew needs to be putting a lot more focus on our off the ball movement. A LOT more.

Ironically we'll get to see what this should look like at West Brom this weekend...

Just mentioned in the Tiote thread, I think the reason Anita is struggling is there's just no movement for him when he's on the ball, which for a player from the Ajax academy must be pretty bewildering. Pardew needs to be putting a lot more focus on our off the ball movement. A LOT more.

Ironically we'll get to see what this should look like at West Brom this weekend...

The whole team is struggling because of that and we have done for most of this season and probably a lot of last season when we were relying on players individually getting us through games.

Guest Roger Kint

I feel sorry for the lad. Doesn't even have his own thread, just has to make substitute appearances in other threads.

???

:lol:I've seen him get knocked off the ball, yes. Is he p*ss weak, and unable to hold onto the ball. Absolutely not. This is a ridiculous discussion. As I've pointed out he did okay at Ajax, a far greater club than ours. There are physical players in the dutch league you know?

Great, cheers for the discussion. Remind me not to bother trying to discuss anything with an utter bell like yourself again.

:lol: Nice guy.

Sounds like he's challenging you to a rap battle mate.

This is it:

Anita is undoubtedly physically weaker than most other premier league midfielders, that's a fact. However it's only an issue if opposing players have time to get close to him before he can pass the ball. If we had some decent movement around him he'd have more options (and quickly) to pass to and wouldn't feel the need to hold possession.

When it's either back to Krul or over the top to Cisse he's more likely to keep hold of it too long. Tiote does it all the time, and loses possession, and he's strong.

Aye Anita is literally the softest cunt ever to brace the Premiership.

Even the placca bags at the SOS would take the poor cunt out, it's painful to see.

This is the crux of the whole problem - we are a static team and there are few options for the man with the ball when  we gain possession.....this results in us surrendering it again quickly bringing more pressure from the opposing team etc etc.