Alan Pardew

Dave

Would a better manager instantly improve his physical attributes, so that he's not brushed off the ball with worrying ease?

:lol:

A better manager would make better use of the players at his disposal without having to change physical attribues but aye, let's go on as if that's the problem.

I think Anita's pretty good  ???

Me too, but I know what people mean about a player who could make more instant impact and be more physical etc. I think Anita may still come good though, at the end of the day he's a classy player.

You've pretty much described Sissoko there yet three months down the line, he looks utterly ordinary. Pardew hasn't got the best out of a single player this season so I don't know why Anita should be any different, only he also has the excuse, unlike most, of never having played in this country before.

Last thing we should be doing is criticizing individuals under this nugget, especially central midfielders, brought in under false pretences, told they'll play a passing game then when they get here told to chip it into Cisse and cross their fingers.

In answer to Ronaldo's question at the top of the page, I'd suggest read this.

Me too, but I know what people mean about a player who could make more instant impact and be more physical etc. I think Anita may still come good though, at the end of the day he's a classy player.

You've pretty much described Sissoko there yet three months down the line, he looks utterly ordinary. Pardew hasn't got the best out of a single player this season so I don't know why Anita should be any different, only he also has the excuse, unlike most, of never having played in this country before.

Last thing we should be doing is criticizing individuals under this nugget, especially central midfielders, brought in under false pretences, told they'll play a passing game then when they get here told to chip it into Cisse and cross their fingers.

sad thing about this bit is, do they even practice this in training, if they do, the fact is its executed so badly during games tells us the players really does not want to do it for this manager.  At least not anymore.

With everyone fit would anyone start Anita?

I still believe our best midfield 3 is Cabaye forward, Sissoko center, Anita behind. Though that's contingent upon us playing the ball through the midfield, on the ground (i.e. not gonna happen any time soon).

As is, I'd play Cabaye/Sissoko/Jonas or Marveaux/Sissoko/Cabaye, depending upon the opposition.

Anita is a quality footballer, but you can hardly expect him to flourish in a team that constantly bypasses him. He's a far better player than Tiote, can break up play and distribute but we don't have the coach to implement it. Like others have said he'd be immense at Swansea

Spot on :thup:

Anita is a quality footballer, but you can hardly expect him to flourish in a team that constantly bypasses him. He's a far better player than Tiote, can break up play and distribute but we don't have the coach to implement it. Like others have said he'd be immense at Swansea

Would a better manager instantly improve his physical attributes, so that he's not brushed off the ball with worrying ease?

A better manager would have the team moving the ball around much quicker so players wouldn't get closed down so regularly in the first place. Otherwise I doubt Lee Clark would have looked much of a player when Keegan had him playing the holding role early days in his first stint as manager.

Guest Howaythetoon

Anita is a nothing type player like. Someone we don't need and arguably never will. That money should have been spent on a proper winger. That's not me saying the Dutchman is a poor player btw, I just think he's someone we have no real need for.

I think we can all agree that looking back on it considering the needs of Pardew that a Winger would have been a lot more wise than buying Anita.

I do like Anita though, i was quite excited about signing him in the summer as i thought he would be an important player to improve our style of play.....

I remember saying signing him would be quite important in terms of keeping the ball better and controlling games and genuinely believed it at the time.

Also felt he would be the player who started all our attacks and would drop in behind Coloccini when he broke forward and a genuine push to controlling football matches and 4-3-3.

Was genuinely deceived by all the soundbites  :lol:  :(

I think we can all agree that looking back on it considering the needs of Pardew that a Winger would have been a lot more wise than buying Anita.

I do like Anita though, i was quite excited about signing him in the summer as i thought he would be an important player to improve our style of play.....

I remember saying signing him would be quite important in terms of keeping the ball better and controlling games and genuinely believed it at the time.

Also felt he would be the player who started all our attacks and would drop in behind Coloccini when he broke forward and a genuine push to controlling football matches and 4-3-3.

any reason why that still couldn't happen as it's along the lines of what i've posted in the WBA match thread.

any reason why that still couldn't happen as it's along the lines of what i've posted in the WBA match thread.

I'd like to believe that i really would, but i just can't see it :(

I'd like to believe that i really would, but i just can't see it :(

due to what you've seen as him as a player or do you just think the manager doesn't see it like that ?

I just feel the manager doesn't trust him, needs a tackle in there and i don't see that sort of midfield happening under Pardew.

I know were saying similar things before West Brom away last season but still i can't see it.

I would really like to see a midfield 3 of Anita, Sissoko and Cabaye and when i say that i mean an actual midfield 3 not 2 practically standing next to the CBs and Sissoko practically next to Cisse.

But again i can't see Pardew doing it.

This.  Our central midfielders probably have sore necks watching Krul's kicks sail over their heads as well.

Guest bimpy474

Playing Anita would be fine if he had the kind of movement in front of him that he had at Ajax. Among a lot of other things, movement is something we lack shockingly above all else.

Guest icemanblue

Like it or not, this is a physical league. Anita has struggled to adapt to this from day one, other than a decent spell when, ironically, he wasn't being played in his 'best' position. Quite how he's been granted a pardon, simply because of an under-performing manager, is beyond me.

Like it or not, this is a physical league. Anita has struggled to adapt to this from day one, other than a decent spell when, ironically, he wasn't being played in his 'best' position. Quite how he's been granted a pardon, simply because of an under-performing manager, is beyond me.

Like it or not , this physical league has nothing to do with it,

the way Pardew sets his team out Anita would struggle even in Eredivisie.

not really a pardon, i've only ever envisioned him in a middle 3 which hasn't really been given that chance yet.

This is all true but we still haven't played in a way that suits him from day 1 either. ( can say that for quite a lot of our players)

No one has been granted a pardon, i just feel if we played closer to how these players are suited they would perform better no excuses it hasn't been good enough.

Not sure why we bought him tbh.

I honestly thought it was for the left of the middle 3 i'd been twittering on about for ages. whewn we bought sissoko I thought he was for part of that 3 also.

Not sure why we bought him tbh.

Perhaps he was a "panic buy" as it was getting apparent that we weren't getting anywhere in our transfer dealings that summer.

That's what crossed my mind after few games watching him anyway. (Although he has improved slightly since then and I'm still quite confident he could have a future here.)