Alan Pardew

Dave

Bit of a silly thing to say considering Smith's days were basically numbered when Pardew took the job. And the fact we've bought players the complete opposite to the rubbish you've described in the last couple of years.

Retard think before you speak lol

who signed these players? 

It's the third time you've called me that recently, is it not? Take it to PM next time on the off chance there's someone offended by it.

Doubtful, like, given it's unlikely someone will take you and your mangled English seriously.

you certainly do as youve taken special notes on every time i called you a name haha  :p

Nobody wants to read this bollocks.

but anyone would be misguided to think if Pardew had it his way he would go anywhere near the likes of anita, marveaux, etc.

this was a man who prefered the likes of marlon harewood ahead of tevez.

I f***ing wish we hadn't gone anywhere near Anita.

Pardew wanted Adam adam Lallana fwiw. We could certainly have done with him.

Jesus you either entirely back a player or slate him non stop, no middle ground. At least you put your neck on the line so to speak, though you've been made to look the fool numerous times because of it.

I don't really dislike Anita. Just wish we hasn't wasted so much money on a player who brings so little substance to a team that needs it so badly.

'Substance' is pretty hard to define in football terms though isn't it? The Ajax fans seemed to think that Anita provided plenty of substance to their team.

Guest Roger Kint

When you think Chelsea got Marin for a similar figure(although he was injured early on) we could definately have spend that £6m ish better.

Doesn't everyone think Marin is shit?

He came with a black mark on his reputation after a below par 18 months or so i think. Injury and the fact he couldnt get a game for most this season means he hasnt had any sort of run though.

Not that i am saying we should have signed Marin anyway, more that we should have spent the Anita cash in a better area of the squad.

Guest Roger Kint

When you think Chelsea got Marin for a similar figure(although he was injured early on) we could definately have spend that £6m ish better.

What a poor example to give :lol:

Yeah its a stupid example to suggest we signed a winger which we needed rather than Anita. Seeing as he signed well before the summer i rather thought you wouldnt think i meant him personally :lol:

Bit of a silly thing to say considering Smith's days were basically numbered when Pardew took the job. And the fact we've bought players the complete opposite to the rubbish you've described in the last couple of years.

Retard think before you speak lol

who signed these players? 

It's the third time you've called me that recently, is it not? Take it to PM next time on the off chance there's someone offended by it.

Doubtful, like, given it's unlikely someone will take you and your mangled English seriously.

you certainly do as youve taken special notes on every time i called you a name haha  :p

Nobody wants to read this bollocks.

I bet he doesn't.

Anita's just another in a long list of players who isn't used properly.

Exactly. Which is why I'm hesitant to write off players at the moment until I see what they look like in a more fluid team in a proper formation.

I think Anita's pretty good  ???

Agree.

Could imagine him flourishing in a setup like Swansea.

Agreed Anita should be our Britton, Cabaye should be our Allen and Sissoko should be our Sigurdsson.

Unfortunately this is not possible under Pardew.

I'm not sure where I would fit him, possibly in a midfield 3 with Cabaye and Sissoko.

I'd put Marveaux or Tiote there, depending on the opposition.

Aye, those are both options, I just think we might be able to do without Tiote if we had Sissoko in the centre. I know he's not defensive, but just for presence.

Marveaux is the one who's harder to leave out, but I think I would use him more sparingly if our front 3 was functioning and interchanging better. As it is we need him as he provides our only creativity.

Agree.

Could imagine him flourishing in a setup like Swansea.

Agreed Anita should be our Britton, Cabaye should be our Allen and Sissoko should be our Sigurdsson.

Unfortunately this is not possible under Pardew.

This very much so. 

Guest icemanblue

Anita is a quality footballer, but you can hardly expect him to flourish in a team that constantly bypasses him. He's a far better player than Tiote, can break up play and distribute but we don't have the coach to implement it. Like others have said he'd be immense at Swansea

Would a better manager instantly improve his physical attributes, so that he's not brushed off the ball with worrying ease?

Me too, but I know what people mean about a player who could make more instant impact and be more physical etc. I think Anita may still come good though, at the end of the day he's a classy player.

You've pretty much described Sissoko there yet three months down the line, he looks utterly ordinary. Pardew hasn't got the best out of a single player this season so I don't know why Anita should be any different, only he also has the excuse, unlike most, of never having played in this country before.

Last thing we should be doing is criticizing individuals under this nugget, especially central midfielders, brought in under false pretences, told they'll play a passing game then when they get here told to chip it into Cisse and cross their fingers.

Problem with Anita is we've got someone better than him in every role, therefore it's hard to fit him in. I can see the reason to have him, and think under a different manager we'd see a much better player, but right now he's not made an impact in the first team and its hard to say he's first choice in any position. Saying that every game Jonas has played this season Anita should have been in there before him, he's better than him at everything and with the same versatility.

I do feel massively sorry for him he's left Ajax for this, if I were him I'd ask to move on.