Alan Pardew

Dave

Back in the 50s we had a small midfield player called Ernie Taylor playing for us and in those days, there really were some hard men about. Taylor had a great career at Newcastle and then at his later clubs, laying on one of the goals for Jackie Milburn in the 1951 Final against Blackpool.

His small stature wasn't a problem for him but he did have the likes of Joe Harvey and Scoular to be his 'heavy' if the going got rough.....

Gallacher was 5'5'' but could out-jump much taller players and dish out plenty of stick too although he was, by all accounts , brilliant with it.

If you have talent and play in a balanced side size shouldn't really matter unless you are a CB or CF....

Anita does NOT play in a balanced or progressive side......

I must admit, I did have concerns about Anita's size when I saw his first few matches, but then there was a run of games where he was probably the best player on the pitch and those doubts were dispelled. After that, there's no way I'm prepared to write him off until I see him in a team set up by a ball playing manager. Obviously Anita would be useless if Tony Pulis or Sam Allardyce was our manager. Would he be useless if he went to Liverpool or Swansea?

Christ man, just reading that about PSG wanting Cabaye and Sissoko before he joined us really hammers home how shit this man has us at the moment, top players that aren't going to hang about for much longer unless we improve. Ashely needs to sort this out or else all Graham Carr's and the rests good work in getting us these players is going to be for nothing. Get us a manager worthy of the players please.

Just to re-iterate, here are the players I refuse to write off while Pardew is manager:

Anita

Cabaye

Tiote

these are all players who Ronaldo would shift in a heartbeat while bringing back Carroll and whomping the ball high and long. Not for me thanks.

Just to re-iterate, here are the players I refuse to write off while Pardew is manager:

Anita

Cabaye

Tiote

these are all players who Ronaldo would shift in a heartbeat while bringing back Carroll and whomping the ball high and long. Not for me thanks.

Wouldn't worry, he also thought Bramble had all the attributes to be a top CB.....

Can anyone name one of the players who has improved dramatically under Pardew's management..?

I suppose some will drag up Krul, but then he  gets plenty of practice, doesn't he..?

Cabaye, Tiote, Sissoko and Anita have all become worse players under his - er - coaching...nobody can deny that and the number of injuries we get is incredible. It all can't be a coincidence and as for playing EL football, we had a joint Cup run in 1975-76 under Gordon Lee where we had replays piling up as well as important league games to play...AND we had a smaller squad than this, so no excuses. We got to Wembley..

If the players like him its probably because he bulls-its the fans/media into believing none of it is either his or their faults because they are 'tired'.

Its pathetic.

Can anyone name one of the players who has improved dramatically under Pardew's management..?

I suppose some will drag up Krul, but then he  gets plenty of practice, doesn't he..?

Cabaye, Tiote, Sissoko and Anita have all become worse players under his - er - coaching...nobody can deny that and the number of injuries we get is incredible. It all can't be a coincidence and as for playing EL football, we had a joint Cup run in 1975-76 under Gordon Lee where we had replays piling up as well as important league games to play...AND we had a smaller squad than this, so no excuses. We got to Wembley..

If the players like him its probably because he bulls-its the fans/media into believing none of it is either his or their faults because they are 'tired'.

Its pathetic.

My view is that you could put Souness in charge of this squad and you would see no worse results.

Guest Dontooner

Actually think Pardew has a negative impact on this group of players but tbh not many English base managers are good with internationals.

Anita

Cabaye

Tiote

Wouldn't worry, he also thought Bramble had all the attributes to be a top CB.....

TBF Bramble on his day was fucking excellent.

Anita

Cabaye

Tiote

TBF Bramble on his day was fucking excellent.

Physically the perfect CB, technically solid for what was needed for a CB but mentally as close to brain dead as a fully functioning human could get.

His ability to switch off at exactly the wrong moment is something of legend now, coupled with the fact any mistake he made was always always punished. Some players do slip up, sometimes they recover, sometimes a teammate does it for them or lady luck shines, not Skittle, once he made a mistake it was a goal.

I don't blame SJP for getting on his case, but it certainly magnified it all for him and why he blossomed for a bit away from here where the standards were lower, the crowd was less in volume and passion.

Guest Dontooner

Pardew is quite likeable apart from his lying excuses and his deficiencies as a coach. I would not mind moving him up to DOF he would suit that role very well/